Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Procedure for tomorrow night:
1) Break the glass.
2) Allow Brayden Point to wear the #21 jersey
3) Put him in the line with Kucherov.
4) Pray that our defense and Vasy have not forgotten how to play hockey.
5) Enjoy.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York

Good morning. I haven't commented on HF or any of the other boards in a couple of years. I guess with everything that has gone on since March of 2020, I've been grateful just to see that NHL hockey has continued throughout everything that I just have been sitting back and watching the NHL the last two seasons with a smile on my face without really studying the specifics in great detail. But I have to say that I really now have come to appreciate Jon Cooper as not only a multi-championship coach but as a true spokesman for the game and for the league. I say this for how he has handled himself in such an even-keeled way with the media as well as graciously giving great props to Gallant and his team. But what really stands out is how he refuses to make the absence of Brayden Point a main topic of conversation even though any hockey analyst out there will tell you how much he is missed. I honestly have discovered an enormous respect for him as a man and as a coach. Back in 2015, for some reason, he was perceived by me to be arrogant or smug, but I have come to realize why he will, with no doubt, be inducted into the Hall of Fame and deservedly so.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
It's not over yet but with a 7% chance to win the series I'd say it's not good. The boys had a good run and owe nothing to anyone. If this lightning team with all of the "taxes" and "cap manipulation" (sarcasm) can't win 3 in a row in this era, I doubt it will ever happen. They won 2 in a row. I thought after 2015 through 2018 and God forbid 2019 they would never win one. I was way wrong. Super proud of them. They probably won't win 3 in a row. But as long as we have vasi, point, hedman, and Kuch they may yet win at least one more. It is what it is. Even if they don't win the third this team will be highly spoken of for a long time. Something to be proud of. Go Bolts.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It's not over yet but with a 7% chance to win the series I'd say it's not good. The boys had a good run and owe nothing to anyone. If this lightning team with all of the "taxes" and "cap manipulation" (sarcasm) can't win 3 in a row in this era, I doubt it will ever happen. They won 2 in a row. I thought after 2015 through 2018 and God forbid 2019 they would never win one. I was way wrong. Super proud of them. They probably won't win 3 in a row. But as long as we have vasi, point, hedman, and Kuch they may yet win at least one more. It is what it is. Even if they don't win the third this team will be highly spoken of for a long time. Something to be proud of. Go Bolts.
We have Vasy, Heddy, Point and Kuch, true.
But we have and we will have also Stamkos, Cernak, maybe Cirelli, maybe Paul (I hope).
In particular, we have Julien BriseBois.
Our window is not close.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Even though they've been able to come back at some times, feel like they rely way too much on getting that lead and then getting into that structure that's hard to play against and vasi. After some time off maybe the rangers quicker legs have been able to take advantage of that. Either way they are outplaying us and we will need to figure out something at home because they just don't look like they belong on the same ice right now. It sucks to not have point but we have some guys who can score it's just not working right now.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
back to 12-6

Stamkos-Paul-Kucherov
Palat-Cirelli-Killorn
Hagel-Colton-Koepke/Nash
4th

Cirelli just doesnt have the offensive ability to be out there with the big scorers.
Hmmm Paul is a cycler and grinder....Palat and Kuch can make magic

Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov
Hagel Cirelli Killorn
Colton Paul Bare-Boulet?
Perry-Bellmare-Maroon

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Point injury could kill us. It's hard not to miss him when we look a step slow, and when nobody is driving the net. He might be our best all around player this time of year.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
We are allowing SO STUPID goals. Im not sh***g on anybody, but it was our game if not for those stupid 2nd and 3rd goal. We are not worse team , we are just allowing stupid goals. NYR are really bad at their own D zone, worse than Tor and FLA were, but we are evet worse than NYR at our own end.
Clean D zone, forget about pressure, we have nothing to lose now, and lets go and lets begin our road to threepeat next game!

P.S probably we also need Nash on ice, cuz "When he is on the ice nothing really happens" so throw him out against kid line or Ziba line. But Im not in coaching stuff, and Coop has 2 more Stanley Cups than I have, so I will trust his descissions.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Good morning. I haven't commented on HF or any of the other boards in a couple of years. I guess with everything that has gone on since March of 2020, I've been grateful just to see that NHL hockey has continued throughout everything that I just have been sitting back and watching the NHL the last two seasons with a smile on my face without really studying the specifics in great detail. But I have to say that I really now have come to appreciate Jon Cooper as not only a multi-championship coach but as a true spokesman for the game and for the league. I say this for how he has handled himself in such an even-keeled way with the media as well as graciously giving great props to Gallant and his team. But what really stands out is how he refuses to make the absence of Brayden Point a main topic of conversation even though any hockey analyst out there will tell you how much he is missed. I honestly have discovered an enormous respect for him as a man and as a coach. Back in 2015, for some reason, he was perceived by me to be arrogant or smug, but I have come to realize why he will, with no doubt, be inducted into the Hall of Fame and deservedly so.
We are just getting outclassed in every facet. All the details too. Thought it could've been 6-2 again last night if not for Vasy. If the rangers win the series it's fully deserved. Sure we are without Point, hurt, tired, old, etc but we have plenty of guys on the roster capable of playing well but in fact nobody is. I think Gallant has put forth a great plan. Suffocating all our offense beginning with our break out.

The only thing irritating me about the Rangers fanbase is how delusional the Igor > Vasy talk is. I think that needs to be slowed down quite a bit. Other than that, good luck to you guys if you advance. Whoever plays Colorado will need a full effort every night.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
The only thing irritating me about the Rangers fanbase is how delusional the Igor > Vasy talk is. I think that needs to be slowed down quite a bit. Other than that, good luck to you guys if you advance. Whoever plays Colorado will need a full effort every night.
Yeah, I'm sure that for some of those fans chanting that at MSG, it might be tongue in cheek, and some that take that statement seriously. I don't even get into the conversation of individual recognition at all or individual NHL Awards for that matter. Was it nice to see Fox win the Norris? Of course, but I will take the Cup over that any day. Even if Igor is a better goalie, what does it matter as a Ranger fan if there are no Stanley Cups with Igor? Heard all those arguments about Lundqvist and how he compared to Holtby or Andre-Fleury and all and I don't see the point. When all is said and done, the only NHL award that matters to me is the Stanley Cup. I had a Ranger fan I know talk to me about if Igor gets the Vezina or not and I told him it really didn't matter much to me, I'd rather have the Cup, like Vasi has. So he asks me: You mean you'd trade up Igor for Vasi? I said: "Yeah, if we get the two Stanley Cups as well".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig