GDT: 6/3/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
after reading this I will call it like see it GARBAGE ON COOPER LOSING THE GAME

to me untrue the triplets lack of being the triplets cost us this game good news if any of you can tell me how many times this year they had a game and did NOTHING NO GOOD SHIFTS TWO SHOTS ON GOAL

tell me when how often etc.. i might start listening to some of you lmao

but until someone can show me evidence that suggests that line will become invisible the rest of the series then nope be negative in your own worlds I like reality better myself

this aint on cooper this is on our leaders failing to do their job

prevent defense?? they never the triplets got untangled from skates they did nothing im used to every shift them being a force

they never did that yes some passing was poor yes missed a lot on passes missed a lot on guys falling down palat especially with no one around lol

watch the game again watch the triplets was a lot of bad luck bounces and skating we have rarely if ever encountered

if you believe that will continue well good luck with that lmao

It was 100% on Cooper's strategy. They changed the way they played the game...all the players said they sat back too much. They played to the coaches instructions...anyone who watched the game saw that. 100% garbage prevent defense cost us the game. Prevent is fine maybe in last 5 minutes of a game...but that was over 20 minutes of just Chicago bringing it in without any forecheck pressure. Chicago having to dump in and us icing the puck and flipping the puck and playing hot potato with the damn thing instead of carrying it up and maintaining pressure.

Bottom line...Lightning play their game they win. Cooper's prevent defense for a period+ of mind numbing hockey and Lightning will lose. Hawks have snipers that Rangers and Montreal didn't - you have to step on their necks after you hit them with a clean first punch. Not play rope a dope and wait til one of their haymaker lands.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tampa has sucked on home ice throughout these playoffs, they took their foot off the gas and didn't keep play up. We could have won 1-0 I don't believe the whole "you have to score a bunch on Chicago" thats what you have to do to Tampa usually since they have such scoring power.

Chicago's D is impressive but showed signs of struggle last game due to Tampas speed, we shut down Kane and Toews and their PP. Bottom 6 has to get going. Bishop played well, Tampa will come out swinging in game 2 and learn from the mistakes of game one.

Remember the games Tampa stole by showing up for 5 minutes in a game (Motor City Miracle, and the 1.1 second goal) This happens in hockey, ITS ONLY GAME 1. Bring on Saturday.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Anyone who watched NBC could see the strategy we used the first period and how they they laid it out for what Chicago needed to do to change for which they did. They showed what Chicago did to adjust so they could get their game going. How did we not change our tactics after that is beyond me. Every team has someone upstairs watching and calling down to give the coaches tips for adjustment, are the headsets we use broken or something because we refused to do anything different. It's sad that casual fans can watch and know what needs to be done to change but the ones who get paid to do it have no clue.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
It was 100% on Cooper's strategy. They changed the way they played the game...all the players said they sat back too much. They played to the coaches instructions...anyone who watched the game saw that. 100% garbage prevent defense cost us the game. Prevent is fine maybe in last 5 minutes of a game...but that was over 20 minutes of just Chicago bringing it in without any forecheck pressure. Chicago having to dump in and us icing the puck and flipping the puck and playing hot potato with the damn thing instead of carrying it up and maintaining pressure.

Bottom line...Lightning play their game they win. Cooper's prevent defense for a period+ of mind numbing hockey and Lightning will lose. Hawks have snipers that Rangers and Montreal didn't - you have to step on their necks after you hit them with a clean first punch. Not play rope a dope and wait til one of their haymaker lands.

I just watched the game again, and on review I really don't think the Lightning were doing much different tactically then they were in the 2nd period.....they just stopped skating (at least relative to Chicago).

When they got the puck in their own end there was little or no support and guys were forced to just dump it out of the zone and let the Hawks regroup.

As for the 2nd period while the Hawks controlled more of the play the Lightning had by far the better scoring chances.

I watched Coopers press conference last night and thought he was crazy, but after another look I don't think he was, though he may need to make some line / line-up changes to get more depth to match the Hawks third line.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hey people. Not a troll, but i wanted to respond and ask why you think you gave the game away? The one goal you did score was a circus goal that doesn't go in 9 times out of 10. The first 30 minutes of the game you definitely had most of the advantage. From the midway point to the end, the Blackhawks had the advantage(poor coaching decision by the bolts is understood). The people that think the series is over or the sky is falling are full of it and haven't watched the Lightning at all. Both teams made mistakes and at times played poorly. I fully expect this to go a lot deeper than idiots are predicting.

We played defense ON PURPOSE for 20 minutes. The Bolts were outskating the Hawks up until we decided to turtle it. Terrible coaching by Cooper. Sitting back was an awful strategy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nothing more to do but to just forget about the last game, and just suck it up for the next two days.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
If only they kept continuing to play like they did the first 15 minutes. That was true Lightning hockey. It was a close game after that but you can't sit on a 1-goal lead in the 3rd period with icing the puck repeatedly as your only strategy.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Playing to not lose never works. Prevent defense never works. In any sport. Especially with a 1 goal lead against a high powered offense. This one is on Cooper. We came out flying, and then he decided to confiscate our wings.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I just watched the game again, and on review I really don't think the Lightning were doing much different tactically then they were in the 2nd period.....they just stopped skating (at least relative to Chicago).

When they got the puck in their own end there was little or no support and guys were forced to just dump it out of the zone and let the Hawks regroup.

As for the 2nd period while the Hawks controlled more of the play the Lightning had by far the better scoring chances.

I watched Coopers press conference last night and thought he was crazy, but after another look I don't think he was, though he may need to make some line / line-up changes to get more depth to match the Hawks third line.

This is prevent,half-ice hockey 101, they just sat back and waited, only paying attention to their own zone. Cooper employed it on purpose because he simply said it in the pregrame presser it worked out several times in the previous series. Coop just forgot what kind of offense the Hawks can provide over 60 minutes. Against such an offensive powerhouse, the best defense is offense, to keep possession of the puck, Tampa has the tools to do it well. In fact it's Tampa's natural system but Cooper has gotten literally obsessed with shutdown defense in theses playoffs.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
This is prevent,half-ice hockey 101, they just sat back and waited, only paying attention to their own zone. Cooper employed it on purpose because he simply said it in the pregrame presser it worked out several times in the previous series. Coop just forgot what kind of offense the Hawks can provide over 60 minutes. Against such an offensive powerhouse, the best defense is offense, to keep possession of the puck, Tampa has the tools to do it well. In fact it's Tampa's natural system but Cooper has gotten literally obsessed with shutdown defense in theses playoffs.

My point (that I didn't really elaborate on) is that I think the "shell" was more of a case of the Lightning getting worn down. In terms of forecheck and neutral zone set-up, for the most part they played (or tried to play) the same way in the 2nd period and were fine - even though the Hawks "controlled" more of the 2nd, TB had by far the better opportunities and had numerous good shifts.

I don't know your team that well, but I saw a suggestion on another thread of Drouin-Boyle-Callahan for a 3rd line. I like that idea a lot and think TB will have to go with 12 forwards to keep up with the Hawks bottom 6.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

100 billion percent disagree The triplets were not playing well. If anyone yourself included think we beat the chicago blackhawks with this team and the triplets averaging 2 shots on goal and no real scoring chances I would name you a bad name.

Bottom line one line has led us this season during the season we had goals here and there by other lines but the main the line the drive of this team became the triplets at one point and if they do not make things happen much less score even if we played a chl club we probably lose games lmao

that is firs point and the rest of this opinion has me laughing and i respect you highly more highly then most of the fans on here but am not sure what game you watched.

we cannot win without the triplets we are not that good or deep yet is that simple they MUST OUTPLAY THE OTHER TEAM. IMHO there should not be a debate on that fact. If you think the crap showing they had is acceptable to beat one of the best teams in the league over the last 6 years I cannot make you think differently

give credit where its due chicago is a championship team multiple ones four real chances in last 6 years i mean jeez wheres your sign lol type of thing

we are trying to get there and we have ridden a very good line all year. That line had one of argue wise their worst games of the year some back luck too with skating falls puck movements and bounces but we need more from them a hell of a lot more to stand a chance with any team much less one who is argue wise the best in league the last 5 seasons lol

game plan to me was fine was more the triplets were off which happens over 100 games to any line well this line had only a few of those a handful all year so we shouldnt worry too much.

but that line is the key to winning this series period when we get vladdy drouin tony d erne and koekkoek on this team this might change we might be deeper and a much better team in time but right now we simply are not as deep

the cool thing is chicago and tampa are pretty much identical stat wise in playoffs and in regular season is not a glaring difference one better in playoffs on defense us by a little regular season was opposite but deep stat wise we are same teams knew this was gonna be rough

we were fine if triplets do their thing if they dont??? we got to wait till they can and the team can cause one line aint winning this series with chicago and that has nothing to do with a game plan sorry for disagreeing but to me is so cut and dried is not worth a debate.

we cannot win without the triplets being the triplets

if you think differently ok but good luck with that

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

this is the game i saw and how I read the game myself and why mentioned maybe go re watch it we struggled had zero puck luck chicago played harder in second half of game which is something we are usually the best team i can remember doing lol

we didnt have it this is not the first time this has happened this season unfortunately probably will not be the last we have to play better and control the game 20 shots??

firs ten minutes we fired every shot we could we need to do that and rattle crawford make him work harder we stopped that got cute on power plays etc..

just shoot the puck lol some go in:)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My point (that I didn't really elaborate on) is that I think the "shell" was more of a case of the Lightning getting worn down. In terms of forecheck and neutral zone set-up, for the most part they played (or tried to play) the same way in the 2nd period and were fine - even though the Hawks "controlled" more of the 2nd, TB had by far the better opportunities and had numerous good shifts.

I don't know your team that well, but I saw a suggestion on another thread of Drouin-Boyle-Callahan for a 3rd line. I like that idea a lot and think TB will have to go with 12 forwards to keep up with the Hawks bottom 6.

Would love to see that line, but not going to happen. Cooper loves what the 3rd line did last night shutting down Toews and Kane. So if any offense will come from that 3rd line, Callahan will have to be in beast mode and continue where he left off the last two games. Paquette's offensive game just went out the window, and it's like mind-boggling. Plus they have no chemistry. But if he's shutting down, then Coop is going to keep him there. 3rd line was very good last night so there is really no reason to change right now.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

dont agree on worn down we stopped skating came out flat as hell in third period not sure that was prevent as more of not making the good passes taking time to play a disciplined system to get it deep and do the work

pay the sacrifice you must play to win games:) we got on heels give chicago credit on them coming out but we never rebounded and skated was sad to watch but I was more concerned myself on triplets not having their mojo or any mojo then anything else I was shocked at how bad they were to give us that one shift take over and pass to next line is that simple they failed for one of first times in memory they were not playing the way we usually see them play can say some of that is chicago but think is more on triplets not being right but 100 games again how many times lol has this happened

good for us this is anomoly not sure how to spell that word ughh and doubt it continues if it does we really are not winning yet unless bishop goes all world lol

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
By the way, the Hawks did score... but they didn't seem that dangerous to me. They scored on a screen soft shot that Bishop didn't see, but chances are that one goes wide and we win the game.
After they tied we did crap the pants and they took over, as it was to be expected with the momentum.

That being said, I hope Coop learns what could happen and doesn't make them play trap again

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
100 billion percent disagree The triplets were not playing well. If anyone yourself included think we beat the chicago blackhawks with this team and the triplets averaging 2 shots on goal and no real scoring chances I would name you a bad name.

Bottom line one line has led us this season during the season we had goals here and there by other lines but the main the line the drive of this team became the triplets at one point and if they do not make things happen much less score even if we played a chl club we probably lose games lmao

that is firs point and the rest of this opinion has me laughing and i respect you highly more highly then most of the fans on here but am not sure what game you watched.

we cannot win without the triplets we are not that good or deep yet is that simple they MUST OUTPLAY THE OTHER TEAM. IMHO there should not be a debate on that fact. If you think the crap showing they had is acceptable to beat one of the best teams in the league over the last 6 years I cannot make you think differently

give credit where its due chicago is a championship team multiple ones four real chances in last 6 years i mean jeez wheres your sign lol type of thing

we are trying to get there and we have ridden a very good line all year. That line had one of argue wise their worst games of the year some back luck too with skating falls puck movements and bounces but we need more from them a hell of a lot more to stand a chance with any team much less one who is argue wise the best in league the last 5 seasons lol

game plan to me was fine was more the triplets were off which happens over 100 games to any line well this line had only a few of those a handful all year so we shouldnt worry too much.

but that line is the key to winning this series period when we get vladdy drouin tony d erne and koekkoek on this team this might change we might be deeper and a much better team in time but right now we simply are not as deep

the cool thing is chicago and tampa are pretty much identical stat wise in playoffs and in regular season is not a glaring difference one better in playoffs on defense us by a little regular season was opposite but deep stat wise we are same teams knew this was gonna be rough

we were fine if triplets do their thing if they dont??? we got to wait till they can and the team can cause one line aint winning this series with chicago and that has nothing to do with a game plan sorry for disagreeing but to me is so cut and dried is not worth a debate.

we cannot win without the triplets being the triplets

if you think differently ok but good luck with that

The triplets have zero to do with the 3rd period strategy. They weren't even trying on offense. They kept clearing the puck out of the zone. They were trying to win 1-0. [MOD] I was there and saw it with my own two eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This one was not as bad as the Rangers 1st game loss for me but was still pretty bad. Lol

Haha, I bet :laugh: This one makes me sick to my stomach to think about. It really felt like Game 6 vs Montreal and Game 7 vs New York, and then those two daggers :pout:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
After sleeping on it, I have a few additional thoughts...

1)Stammer's line got a ton of chances, him specifically, but he didn't bury any of them. If he had, we'd have been up 2-0 in the 3rd and won.

2)If TKO draws the toughest defensive assignment, they're going to struggle, period, and it MIGHT make sense to break them up so Chicago has a tougher time defending.

3)Crawford's not going to be good every game. He made a few very good saves, saves I didn't think he could grab.

4)We have to attack with our speed to win, every minute of every game. Chicago didn't even have Bickell in the line-up, so why the hell did we have both Pac and Morrow in? Scratch Pac for Drouin or JAM, someone with speed.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
TKO has been shut down for games here and there but not an entire series. We'll see what happens Saturday. Didn't really look like they gave it much effort imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad