GDT: 6/3/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I was really sick yesterday so I couldn't comment coherently but I knew they were going to lose after that one extended Carle-Sustr shift where Sustr iced the puck. The Hawks didn't score and they still had the lead but I was like "Yeah this isn't going to end well"

In related news, Carle-Sustr sucks. Also Nesterov only played for 6 minutes but still managed to be the only plus player on the team.

"News?"

This is not news.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I never said anything about it before but yeah this is getting boring. This is team is inexperienced no matter how you spin it, they made a mistake, another one, but at least we could show them some respect for those 16 playoffs wins.

And it's not over yet.

This team is amazing. They are young and fast. They will be contenders for the next few years. There's a million things to be positive overall. It is the day after a terrible loss. A coaching gaffe of the highest proportions. Timid hockey doesn't belong in the SCF.

We have a great team. Some of you are confusing being upset with a loss with something else. You're trying to lump one game of criticism with everything else. That's pretty poor if you ask me.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I saw Cooper get thoroughly outcoached. Teams that win game 1 are 58-17 in the SCF. We had that game won. We went into a shell and played some garbage 3rd period.

You call it like you want and I'll call it like I want. It's called a different opinion. Deal with it.

Notice how I said "we"? I've done my share of pessimism this playoff run, I'm counting myself in for a fair amount of crow with a side of just desserts.

And yeah, it's my opinion. I'm not going to argue that last night wasn't bad. It was, it was snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

But yeah, I'm going to mention when the fans are ready to toss in the towel after Game 1. Which is what you did. "This series is over"

If you think that's poor, oh well. Deal with it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Had a long post written out that got erased, so I'm not doing that again, but that was probably Chicago's C+ game last night, and they found a way to win. If that doesn't scare us (from a fan POV), then we probably aren't paying enough attention. Chicago is capable of so much more than that. Lightning need to be up to the challenge for that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Had a long post written out that got erased, so I'm not doing that again, but that was probably Chicago's C+ game last night, and they found a way to win. If that doesn't scare us (from a fan POV), then we probably aren't paying enough attention. Chicago is capable of so much more than that. Lightning need to be up to the challenge for that.

True but we were playing our D- game by the third.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This team is amazing. They are young and fast. They will be contenders for the next few years. There's a million things to be positive overall. It is the day after a terrible loss. A coaching gaffe of the highest proportions. Timid hockey doesn't belong in the SCF.

We have a great team. Some of you are confusing being upset with a loss with something else. You're trying to lump one game of criticism with everything else. That's pretty poor if you ask me.

You seem to take it personally but in all honesty my remark wasn't directed at you. It's the general atmosphere that is tiresome. I keep reading everywhere the series is over, this team earned a chance to prove the pundits wrong though.

As for Cooper I couldn't agree with you more, his maniacal desire to fall back on conservative hockey with such a talented team can be very frustrating. 2 things though, Coop is as inexperienced as his players but he proved he can adapt, we wouldn't be there otherwise. Game 2 will tell us if we're up to the task. Personally, I'm optimistic.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You're lumping me in with a bunch of others. I've been pretty positive all year. I was at that game last night and we were screaming one goal won't win it. It was obvious to ALL. They needed to steal that game and gain an enormous amount of confidence. That was all gone by the final horn.

I do not think they will recover. Call it whatever you want. they are too young and inexperienced and it reared its ugly head in the 3rd.

Do I hope they turn it around? Of course but Chicago played awful and still won.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
hate when write stuff and disappears

keep it simple im not worried on chicago fans listening to the remarks here bothers me a ton more

the triplets our leaders didnt do anything you need puck luck you need to out play your opponents that is our leading line and the fire that drives us and they played about the worst game i can remember

doubt they had 5 of these games all year

is no big deal they will bounce back chicago didnt stop the triplets it was more the triplets missing plays and not out playing chicago which if I had not watched almost every game this year i might be worried

im not bishop has given us 15 of 19 games I believe giving up less then 2 goals so the equation score three that means at least one from the triplets which no team really shut down for many games much less every shift lmfao

if we think that is how we play here on out I doubt you know much of these kids yep call them kids but the growth and maturity and will to win of this team is amazing you can whine all you want on cooper and prevent defense but this was simply our leading line playing a bad game

I used to love this place but game days are becoming negative you all have no faith in this team many of you give no respect to other teams

this was an ok game we simply have to play and score more goals

chicago is a great team dangerous in all areas just like we are have faith nothing worthwhile is ever easy

you have to learn things as you go along and grow from them

i see nothing concerning except us playing better we played their stars well held them in check a majority of this game they came on in the third we didnt match them imho but we can cause we only had one line for probably the first time all year

the triplets never had a good shift much less the misery of watching them have a bad game

when seriously is the last time they got two shots on goal and no real scoring chances??

not worried go bolts

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Chicago played awful because they had no answer to our speed, forecheck and physicality for 2 periods. I'm done.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Chicago played awful because they had no answer to our speed, forecheck and physicality for 2 periods. I'm done.

This I agree with, and when we stopped doing those things they were able to come back and take over.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
True but we were playing our D- game by the third.

Well, it starts with not getting flustered after giving up goals. I'm not sure what's up with that lately. Give up a goal, and the whole structure crumbles. That's where last night's game came a loss. Same thing happened in the 3rd period of Game 6 against the Rangers last week. That's how a deficit turned into a 7-3 loss in a hurry. It's feast or famine when it comes to suppressing goals.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
We may be done, but boy are we quick to jump on the loser bandwagon. Every single series, every single loss.

"Cooper cost us this game, he can't adjust" Stamkos sucks, hope he isn't resigned. Callahan just had an organ removed, boy he sucks, what a horrible signing that was, etc..."

Win a game or two and everybody hops back on the Lightning is wonderful train. Until they lose a game and the whole thing starts all over again.

You mean you missed that in the "How to be a Tampa Bay Sports Fan" Guide? Its in the Code of Conduct section. :sarcasm:

(______) cost us this game, (______) can't adjust (_________) sucks, hope (________) isn't resigned. What a horrible signing (_________) was.

(_________) should go out and sign or trade for (__________). (____________) should be fired! (_______) just needs to fire the staff.

Fill in the blanks with Coach, Manager, GM, QB, Pitcher, or any other player type, or Owner

Right underneath that is

(______) won us this game, (______) dominated. (_________) is awesome, hope (________) is resigned for a reasonable price. What a great signing (_________) was.

(_________) shouldn't go out and sign or trade for (__________). (____________) should be extended! (_______) needs to keep his staff.

:D

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
You're lumping me in with a bunch of others. I've been pretty positive all year. I was at that game last night and we were screaming one goal won't win it. It was obvious to ALL.

Yep. It was not a surprise to anyone in my section when Chicago scored. You could see it coming. We basically had no offense for 30 minutes of the game and Bishop can only hold the fort so long. You won't beat a score-at-will team like Chicago by turtling on a 1 goal lead. I had hoped we'd at least get it to OT so maybe we'd get a fire under our *****, but alas...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
after reading this I will call it like see it GARBAGE ON COOPER LOSING THE GAME

to me untrue the triplets lack of being the triplets cost us this game good news if any of you can tell me how many times this year they had a game and did NOTHING NO GOOD SHIFTS TWO SHOTS ON GOAL

tell me when how often etc.. i might start listening to some of you lmao

but until someone can show me evidence that suggests that line will become invisible the rest of the series then nope be negative in your own worlds I like reality better myself

this aint on cooper this is on our leaders failing to do their job

prevent defense?? they never the triplets got untangled from skates they did nothing im used to every shift them being a force

they never did that yes some passing was poor yes missed a lot on passes missed a lot on guys falling down palat especially with no one around lol

watch the game again watch the triplets was a lot of bad luck bounces and skating we have rarely if ever encountered

if you believe that will continue well good luck with that lmao

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Steamrolled?

Did you even see the game? They barely had any scoring chances until the 3rd period.

Hawks did not outplay us, they were not better.
The only difference was our coach going dumb mode for the 3rd period

No, they didn't outplay us all game, hence why I specified they steamrolled us for period lengths...not game lengths.

They steamrolled/outplayed/however-you-want-to-word-it us all 20 minutes of the 3rd period...period. It doesn't matter what we did the first 20-30 minutes of the game. Our horrid play in the second half of the game had much more of an impact than however much we outplayed them the first 20 minutes, as evidenced by the final score. You're not going to win a Stanley Cup by not playing 60 minutes every game. This is why so many people were picking Chicago. They've seen them do it time in and time out. They are proven. Everyone that was up in arms about how some fans/analysts said Chicago in 5...this type of game is the proof. I'm not saying it will go Chicago in 5, but these types of games have huge impacts on outcomes. The Lightning need to get their **** together REALLY QUICKLY and play all 60 minutes of Game 2 like they did the first 30 minutes of Game 1.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Lightning took their foot off the gas and Chicago took advantage. Hopefully they learn their lesson or the series will be over quickly.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
With all of this being said, I'm confident we will win game 2.

Means nothing if we don't regain home ice advantatge there

gg720

Jan 11, 2014
Please put in JAM and Drouin for the rest of this series as scoring is desperately needed against Chicago. Our 3rd and 4th line not being able to score is killing us. We got by the last 3 series but it needs to change against Chicago. Morrow and Paquette need to sit and give up whatever hitting and supposedly defense they play. Paquette looks like he is carrying a refrigerator on his back. Either he is hurt or the season work toll has caught up with him. We need the speed of JAM and Drouin now Cooper!!!!

JS91

May 14, 2014
I find it funny how in almost every game since round 2 even the commentators have pointed out how Carle and Sustr both struggle defensively and turn the puck over all the time but Cooper just refuses to see that.

Anyways, we're in the Stanley Cup Finals so there is no point in complaining. This was a tough one to lose but I trust our guys 100% to bounce back and take the next one. We were the better team in the first but just completely forgot how to create offense in the second half of the game.
Triplets had an off night but they'll be back for sure. Killer has been just so good that he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the team. If he only played like this all the time. He is actually playing like a top line winger.

BMPark

Jun 4, 2015
Chicago
Hey people. Not a troll, but i wanted to respond and ask why you think you gave the game away? The one goal you did score was a circus goal that doesn't go in 9 times out of 10. The first 30 minutes of the game you definitely had most of the advantage. From the midway point to the end, the Blackhawks had the advantage(poor coaching decision by the bolts is understood). The people that think the series is over or the sky is falling are full of it and haven't watched the Lightning at all. Both teams made mistakes and at times played poorly. I fully expect this to go a lot deeper than idiots are predicting.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Everyone that was up in arms about how some fans/analysts said Chicago in 5...this type of game is the proof. I'm not saying it will go Chicago in 5, but these types of games have huge impacts on outcomes.

You're absolutely right in this regard. The only reason I think it won't go that way is because of this team's resilience, but it's not an outlandish prediction if you don't believe the Lightning have that. You can't really prove it without some adversity first, though. So we'll find out if they've still got it now or if they used it up these past three rounds.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
You're absolutely right in this regard. The only reason I think it won't go that way is because of this team's resilience, but it's not an outlandish prediction if you don't believe the Lightning have that. You can't really prove it without some adversity first, though. So we'll find out if they've still got it now or if they used it up these past three rounds.

I absolutely think we can fight through it, but, like I've said before, winning Game 2 is monumentally important.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Please put in JAM and Drouin for the rest of this series as scoring is desperately needed against Chicago. Our 3rd and 4th line not being able to score is killing us. We got by the last 3 series but it needs to change against Chicago. Morrow and Paquette need to sit and give up whatever hitting and supposedly defense they play. Paquette looks like he is carrying a refrigerator on his back. Either he is hurt or the season work toll has caught up with him. We need the speed of JAM and Drouin now Cooper!!!!

Paquette has no chemistry with Callahan. But setting aside that current line, the 3rd line has not been a threat even with Flip was on it with him. I would not bench Paquette, but he should of been taken off the 3rd line months ago. I like Paquette for what he does on the PK, but he should not be in the Top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad