GDT: 6/3/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Ugh. This one still stings.

Yep. I've thought that even if we don't win this series, it'd be ok with me (well, not ok, but it wouldn't be as bad as losing to the Habs in round 2 or the Rangers in round 3).

But it's been weighing on my mind heavily, all day. I really hope Cooper doesn't pull that ****ing bul**** again.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The triplets have zero to do with the 3rd period strategy. They weren't even trying on offense. They kept clearing the puck out of the zone. They were trying to win 1-0. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron. I was there and saw it with my own two eyes.

[MOD]

anyway watch the game again the triplets blew chunks or as ive said in the past they blew dog in hell they couldnt do first pass too far out of reach lose a skate whatever they never play like they did and its all on them i get they are young but i guarantee as boyle said was pissed off you got a very pissed off drej koooocheerov and johnson moving forward lol

they were not even clearing puck was lucky could do a pass that got to center ice was a joke

i call it an off night ive watched 36 years of hockey most nights of the last twenty 2 or more games

you need things to win games and puck luck not just pucks in the net or the seeing eye puck that chicago got im talking bad bounces the pass on wrong side of guy reading plays wrong etc...

all that happened this team 100% feeds off the triplets going to town was that way with stamkos at one time for anyone who watches lightning hockey till he went down last year with the leg now its the triplets period

we do not get the same fire from killer line when it scores is that simple if you read it differently ok we will agree to disagree lol

in time we will be deeper right now we have grown accustomed to the triplets having 4-5 scoring chances a game

game one they had zero they were not a threat every shift like we see 99% of the time they were off is that simple if they are on this game was cake

didnt happen and we are not good enough to win all close games when they are off

doesnt matter the strategy was a close game we had our chances

concerning is start then sit back from that point was not same intensity after 10 minutes thats obvious so what we went to prevent at this time???

that is just a team not flexing its will every shift every minute of the game

we have to do that and the triplets have to lead the way

if you or anyone thinks we can win this series with them getting 2 shots a game and no real scoring chances as ive said gooooooooooooooood luck with that

Last edited by a moderator:

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
I like when the Hawks play a team like yours more than the Ducks with their dump and slam. So far so good...but there is a long way to go. I don't care what anybody else says, this is going to be a really tough series for the Hawks.

Haven't watched Hedman much at all, but I paid attention last night, and I am really impressed.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
You guys making the trek here are putting the main boards ones to shame. Thanks for the kind words.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The point was we basically let them have one giant power play in the third. It was a poor strategy. We tried to win 1-0. It was obvious to anybody with a brain. It failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toews19

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
In Cooper's defense, after last night's game Michel Bergeron was saying that a coach never wants his team to go in a defensive shell in a situation like last night, but it's a tendency the players have (I guess they don't want to be the guy who makes the mistake). I think Cooper probably spoke the way he did in the press conference to keep the heat off of his team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
In Cooper's defense, after last night's game Michel Bergeron was saying that a coach never wants his team to go in a defensive shell in a situation like last night, but it's a tendency the players have (I guess they don't want to be the guy who makes the mistake). I think Cooper probably spoke the way he did in the press conference to keep the heat off of his team.

very fair assessment honestly cooper always over protects behind closed doors he might scold a guy sometimes like paquette situation will on bench but he will not discuss that in public

is just like yzerman is all a bed of roses we are unsure what either is thinking or saying behind those doors but I think with all the youth they seriously are doing a good overall positive job

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
[MOD]

anyway watch the game again the triplets blew chunks or as ive said in the past they blew dog in hell they couldnt do first pass too far out of reach lose a skate whatever they never play like they did and its all on them i get they are young but i guarantee as boyle said was pissed off you got a very pissed off drej koooocheerov and johnson moving forward lol

they were not even clearing puck was lucky could do a pass that got to center ice was a joke

i call it an off night ive watched 36 years of hockey most nights of the last twenty 2 or more games

you need things to win games and puck luck not just pucks in the net or the seeing eye puck that chicago got im talking bad bounces the pass on wrong side of guy reading plays wrong etc...

all that happened this team 100% feeds off the triplets going to town was that way with stamkos at one time for anyone who watches lightning hockey till he went down last year with the leg now its the triplets period

we do not get the same fire from killer line when it scores is that simple if you read it differently ok we will agree to disagree lol

in time we will be deeper right now we have grown accustomed to the triplets having 4-5 scoring chances a game

game one they had zero they were not a threat every shift like we see 99% of the time they were off is that simple if they are on this game was cake

didnt happen and we are not good enough to win all close games when they are off

doesnt matter the strategy was a close game we had our chances

concerning is start then sit back from that point was not same intensity after 10 minutes thats obvious so what we went to prevent at this time???

that is just a team not flexing its will every shift every minute of the game

we have to do that and the triplets have to lead the way

if you or anyone thinks we can win this series with them getting 2 shots a game and no real scoring chances as ive said gooooooooooooooood luck with that
Robert give it up its over!! Stevie messed up trading Connolly! Bishop stinks the triplets are worthless let's just roll over and get swept! Uh just kidding go lightning. Guys don't jump off a bridge after one loss.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
bad idea sitting on that 1-0 lead. hopefully cooper makes a few more line changes. sit out morrow old useless bottom 6. put drouin in. inject more speed. tbays offense can have a monster game

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
bad idea sitting on that 1-0 lead. hopefully cooper makes a few more line changes. sit out morrow old useless bottom 6. put drouin in. inject more speed. tbays offense can have a monster game

EXACTLY. Their D, outside of the top 3 is abysmal. Oduya's terrible, Rundblad, Cumiskey or whoever else they'll roll out are a joke. BUT you have to tire their top 2 D to force them to play the lower pairings more. How do you do that? SPEED.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
EXACTLY. Their D, outside of the top 3 is abysmal. Oduya's terrible, Rundblad, Cumiskey or whoever else they'll roll out are a joke. BUT you have to tire their top 2 D to force them to play the lower pairings more. How do you do that? SPEED.

excatley. cant always expect coach q to roll duncan keith/seabs/hjmarsson to play 25+mins *if game extends to overtime maybe more minutes and their bottom pair 7-10mins each if lucky. even i can fairly say duncan keith isnt a human being if hes being played alot of mins. next day their body will get tired etc etc.

BMPark

Jun 4, 2015
Chicago
excatley. cant always expect coach q to roll duncan keith/seabs/hjmarsson to play 25+mins *if game extends to overtime maybe more minutes and their bottom pair 7-10mins each if lucky. even i can fairly say duncan keith isnt a human being if hes being played alot of mins. next day their body will get tired etc etc.

No, you can count on Coach Q to roll out the top 4 D men for over 25 minutes a game. It has been happening all season and especially more in the playoffs.

I fully expect TB to come out in game 2 just like they did in the beginning of game 1. I just expect to see you sustain that pressure throughout the entire game. When the Blackhawks have had trouble this season it was against relentless teams that don't make a lot of mistakes. The Hawks play a read and react kind of game. They will take a beating for a few periods to figure out what a team is trying to do. That, and the fact that the Hawks get better as a series goes along helps too.

I really like your team. Great young core and a few veterans to tie it all together. You really do remind me of our 2010 team. I just hope, for you, that you don't have to dump a lot of cap casualties like we did. Good luck(sort of lol) the rest of the series. I think it will be a long series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad