GDT: 6/28/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Gonna have to work hard tonight and play with desperation. Something we seem to never do in game 1’s.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'm not saying this is a cakewalk, but why are the Lightning not getting any respect? Why is everyone picking Montreal and what am I missing?

Montreal Forwards are going to struggle vs our Big Defence Group

Reactions: DaBolts

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I'm not saying this is a cakewalk, but why are the Lightning not getting any respect? Why is everyone picking Montreal and what am I missing?

Montreal Forwards are going to struggle vs our Big Defence Group

they said the same thing in Vegas…same thing in Winnipeg…not the same in Toronto. They just suck so that was a cake walk but yea, if you think habs forwards are “small” and soft, think again. Anderson, Perry, Staal, Armia, KK, Suzuki is surprisingly feisty and solid.
Wait until one of our big 4 cross checks kucherov in the ribs. You know that’s coming…

should be a tight series!

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Habs fan here:

This will be one hell of a test! But what an opportunity for the habs to win one for Price and Weber. If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best. So that’s what we need to do.

Best of luck, but actually not really, I hope you have no luck

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Habs fan here:

This will be one hell of a test! But what an opportunity for the habs to win one for Price and Weber. If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best. So that’s what we need to do.

As long as your team does not goon up the ice and your fans aren't complete nozzles across the board we respect other teams win or lose. While it was cathartic to whip CBJ last year, I don't think many here had an issue with their team for whipping us the year before. In summary. Don't be the Islanders.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Habs fan here:

Don't you have some cheap, bland, tasteless brown gravy to pour on some soggy French fries somewhere?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I did this thing where they rank all your teams by preference based on a series of 1v1 matchups.

You guys scored extremely well.

204421729_10208853746459167_1399009202873638813_n.jpg

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
This is the game that Montreal can take. Game 1s are always a coin toss. Lets see if we can secure it.

Reactions: DFC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Saw some members of the Montreal media asking Lightning players the past 2 days about essentially overlooking the Habs. I can't see that happening. After getting swept by Columbus 2 years ago I don't see how we could ever underestimate somebody, especially in the Cup Finals.

Something else that caught my eye today was Serge being asked about the Montreal-Tampa trade. Didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. I wonder what he's feeling, or will be feeling once we get to games at the Bell Centre.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Saw some members of the Montreal media asking Lightning players the past 2 days about essentially overlooking the Habs. I can't see that happening. After getting swept by Columbus 2 years ago I don't see how we could ever underestimate somebody, especially in the Cup Finals.

Something else that caught my eye today was Serge being asked about the Montreal-Tampa trade. Didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. I wonder what he's feeling, or will be feeling once we get to games at the Bell Centre.

Honestly speaking?

I think we're about to do rude things to our Atlantic division neighbors.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That had to kill NBCSN to have them call Tampa "Titletown"....LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad