GDT: 6/28/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Just checked my schedule: if we were to sweep the Habs I won't have have to leave for work at any morning after the game. Wouldn't be able to watch game 5 live if we get there.

Just saying. I trust ya Lightning.
Counterpoint: I have tickets to game 5 and really want to be able to use them.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
I'm just glad the Lightning came out full force for a Game 1, finally!

I think its been our team's M.O. to start off slowly in a series...especially with all the HOOOOOOOPLAAAAA going on with introductions and such.
Team looked like they ignored all that mess and just focused on the white n red sweaters in front of them.

Good for them!
lets hope they do the same in game #2, maybe they can bring Brady into the locker room for an inspirational speech :) GO BOLTZ!!!!

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Price made some great saves. Vasi earned a shutout but that goal was a fluky one. Price will have to stand on his head or this very well is heading for a sweep.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Would suck to lose him but would be great if Seattle took him. We wouldn't be forced to pay to dump Johnson. We could trade Palat for value and move Johnson and Colton up to the 3rd line with Joseph. Maroon - Stephens - Katchouk/Raddysh 4th line. Barre-Boulet gets first bracket at Palats spot.
GOD no if we win were going for three. Don't care about our futures. How don't we go for a 3rd??

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, people will point to that the last three SCF Game 1 winners all ended up losing the series. I'll point to that, in the six seasons preceding that (2012-'17), the Game 1 winner ended up winning the series all six times.

Six of the last nine Game 1 winners have won the Cup, in other words. Two can play this game.

Reactions: Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Well, people will point to that the last three SCF Game 1 winners all ended up losing the series. I'll point to that, in the six seasons preceding that (2012-'17), the Game 1 winner ended up winning the series all six times.

Six of the last nine Game 1 winners have won the Cup, in other words. Two can play this game.
You can't really use last year as an example either. Bolts had to play a double OT game, and then another OT game, and then Dallas on a days rest. 3 games in a 5 days. Dallas on the other hand had 4 days off just waiting for us. You don't have much time to recover or game plan. We did the same exact thing to the Islanders the series before in game 1 of the ECF. That's not what happened with Montreal.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
How does losing Gourde to the ED close our window?

I'm hoping Seattle is open to making a trade instead to take TJ, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand our entire third line from this year will have evaporated. There will definitely be some turnover this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad