GDT: 6/24/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado [SCF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Why are Avs fans complaining about the officiating is much? Palat trip that put us on a 4 on 3 was similar to the Cirelli trip on Makar that gave them a 5 on 3

The trip on Makar was slightly weaker.

Sure stuff goes uncalled, but it goes both ways and I've never seen a fan base whine so bad

There are definitely things they have legitimate gripes for. The missed hook on Makar by Killorn. MacKinnon getting bodyslammed by Maroon. But it kind of became a boy who cried wolf situation at some point because they've been crying about some of their penalties that were obvious penalties like the can opener-ish trip on Palat and other stuff.

Not to mention the missed calls for us too. Hearing that entire stadium throw a hissy fit all night last night was f***ing hilarious considering how many of them on the boards were giving endless amounts of shit to the couple people who pointed out the missed TMM from Game 4.

You never go full Toronto, Avs fans.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
There are definitely things they have legitimate gripes for. The missed hook on Makar by Killorn. MacKinnon getting bodyslammed by Maroon. But it kind of became a boy who cried wolf situation at some point because they've been crying about some of their penalties that were obvious penalties like the can opener-ish trip on Palat and other stuff.

Not to mention the missed calls for us too. Hearing that entire stadium throw a hissy fit all night last night was f***ing hilarious considering how many of them on the boards were giving endless amounts of shit to the couple people who pointed out the missed TMMM from Game 4.

You never go full Toronto, Avs fans.
You're right. I've rarely seen a team doing so much gestures at the refs for getting calls their way. Watch MacKinnon's reaction after Kuemper lost his helmet on Cirelli's goal. He could've hampered Cirelli but decided to instantly bitch at the ref instead.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
You're right. I've rarely seen a team doing so much gestures at the refs for getting calls their way. Watch MacKinnon's reaction after Kuemper lost his helmet on Cirelli's goal. He could've hampered Cirelli but decided to instantly bitch at the ref instead.
Said it last night, he looks like he's riding a mechanical bull flailing his arms to draw a call. Great player but he's an embellishing little bitch.

Reactions: JDBolt and U55

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
DA82C94F-F183-41E2-A693-F10C907F60AF.png

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I’m starting to wonder if Colorado is starting to get tired to. They swept two teams sure, but they play at a blistering pace. It’s gotta catch up to them at some point.
Of course they are tired too. Just not nearly as tired and banged up as the Lightning are and that includes Vasy, who has to be running on fumes at this point. Right now the Lightning's only advantages are their experience and their will. On paper that probably isn't enough. Fortunately they don't play on paper.

Reactions: Winnipegger1

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
The Bolts situation reminds me of this scene from "The Hunt for Red October". Let's hope that like in the movie, despite all of the odds against it, Cooper proves to be Capt. Rameus.

Last edited:

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
IMO Bolts are getting better. They're starting to neutralize Colorado's speed. They seem to play better with their backs against the wall. :) They proved they can win in Colorado while under a lot of pressure. This is like a marathon.
Agreed- Bolt’s are looking more like the Bolts. Better exits out of d-zone, better passing, etc. They looked like they had improved in all these different areas.
Go Lightning!⚡⚡

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Of course they are tired too. Just not nearly as tired and banged up as the Lightning are and that includes Vasy, who has to be running on fumes at this point. Right now the Lightning's only advantages are their experience and their will. On paper that probably isn't enough. Fortunately they don't play on paper.
Makar looked limping at some point in the 3rd and played dogshit for the rest of the game. Also

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Just about the most pathetic thing that happens on HFBoards pages are the posts that discuss the degree to which other teams and fan bases complain about the officiating. It happens just as much here and on every other teams page at about the same rate and always depending on whether their team got the W or the L that night. They are hypocritical, worthless and idiotic posts.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Wrong. Never said anything bad about Palat. I like Killorn and want him to do well, but he's washed. Defend him until you're blue in the face but the guy is the worst player on the ice and should be benched.
Since your history is blocked no way to really know. In any event, Killorn has been a remarkably consistent roughly .6 pts per game player throughout his career, both regular season and playoffs and it's not like that's a small sample size either. Now all of a sudden he's got 4 pts in 22 playoff games this time around and according you that means he's done. Maybe you're right and he is, but his history suggests that the reasons for his lack of production lie elsewhere, particularly coming off the regular season he had.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Since your history is blocked no way to really know. In any event, Killorn has been a remarkably consistent roughly .6 pts per game player throughout his career, both regular season and playoffs and it's not like that's a small sample size either. Now all of a sudden he's got 4 pts in 22 playoff games this time around and according you that means he's done. Maybe you're right and he is, but his history suggests that the reasons for his lack of production lie elsewhere, particularly coming off the regular season he had.
Like I said, I like Killorn and I know he was good in the playoffs before, but that means jack shit right now. If you want to win you have to give your team the best chance possible, and right now killorn is our worst player. He rarely does anything positive and has a lot of negatives. It's just a simple observation. Nash has looked really good when he gets to play, and I believe right now in this moment in time Nash would give us a better chance of winning this series. I would list all of the things Killorn is bad at right now, but it would be way easier to point to his positives since there aren't many. He tipped a puck out of the zone to get our defense a chance to change. Most of the other stuff he has been involved in has been a disaster. How many times can one guy go offside or commit costly turnovers/ penalties before you say enough is enough? He's the weakest link right now and that title used to belong to Maroon. Maroon has actually looked really good this series.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Like I said, I like Killorn and I know he was good in the playoffs before, but that means jack shit right now. If you want to win you have to give your team the best chance possible, and right now killorn is our worst player. He rarely does anything positive and has a lot of negatives. It's just a simple observation. Nash has looked really good when he gets to play, and I believe right now in this moment in time Nash would give us a better chance of winning this series. I would list all of the things Killorn is bad at right now, but it would be way easier to point to his positives since there aren't many. He tipped a puck out of the zone to get our defense a chance to change. Most of the other stuff he has been involved in has been a disaster. How many times can one guy go offside or commit costly turnovers/ penalties before you say enough is enough? He's the weakest link right now and that title used to belong to Maroon. Maroon has actually looked really good this series.
Make up your mind what you're getting at, Killorn today or Killorn over time and into the future? You said Killorn "is washed", as in washed up. Based on what? One playoff season against an entire history of them and a great regular season? Sorry, your case is thin. Is Colton "washed" too, because he's been invisible.

I'm not arguing that Killorn has played well in the playoffs, I'm saying that the evidence suggests he's hurt and doing the best he can. Cooper knows what's at stake and he's not going to risk it for Killorn, or any individual, and he has made a judgement that an impaired Killorn is better than his other options. As for Nash, I don't know what you're talking about. He's not available to replace Killorn because he's already in the lineup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Make up your mind what you're getting at, Killorn today or Killorn over time and into the future? You said Killorn "is washed", as in washed up. Based on what? One playoff season against an entire history of them and a great regular season? Sorry, your case is thin. Is Colton "washed" too, because he's been invisible.

I'm not arguing that Killorn has played well in the playoffs, I'm saying that the evidence suggests he's hurt and doing the best he can. Cooper knows what's at stake and he's not going to risk it for Killorn, or any individual, and he has made a judgement that an impaired Killorn is better than his other options. As for Nash, I don't know what you're talking about. He's not available to replace Killorn because he's already in the lineup.
People are very high on Nash because he's pretty much the only healthy guy on the roster right now, which, by comparison, makes him look amazing. And he HAS been great... for what he is.

But let's not forget this same guy played a handful of regular season games, when we WERE healthy, and nobody batted an when we put him on waivers.

This is not some kid who's just suddenly taken the next step. It's a 33 year-old journeyman who looks like he has rockets on his skates because the rest of the team have broken bones in their feet.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida

Time on the ice is what I am getting at. Killorn needs to be spending less time on the ice.
Colton Scored a clutch goal against the Panthers, and he was a backhand too high from being a hero in this series. Colton may not look as good as he did last year, but he is no where near as bad as Killorn is right now.

Last edited:

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
People are very high on Nash because he's pretty much the only healthy guy on the roster right now, which, by comparison, makes him look amazing. And he HAS been great... for what he is.

But let's not forget this same guy played a handful of regular season games, when we WERE healthy, and nobody batted an when we put him on waivers.

This is not some kid who's just suddenly taken the next step. It's a 33 year-old journeyman who looks like he has rockets on his skates because the rest of the team have broken bones in their feet.
Is that meant for me? I agree with all of it.

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
Lets face it, your backs are still up against the wall, but man, you dispatched my Leafs beautifully.
Toronto is a very dangerous team. They're in a real tough division. If they could make it past that division I think they would be a heavy favorite to win the cup. They have a very good team.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Time on the ice is what I am getting at. Killorn needs to be spending less time on the ice.
Maybe that's what you should have started with rather than he sucks and is washed up.

And frankly, let's hope he isn't because the returns are in and in a landslide it's Palat stays and Killorn goes this summer if that is at all possible. If only you hadn't blabbed that he's washed up all over HFBoards, better known as the GM's bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad