GDT: 6/24/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado [SCF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wrong. Never said anything bad about Palat. I like Killorn and want him to do well, but he's washed. Defend him until you're blue in the face but the guy is the worst player on the ice and should be benched.

Yes Killorn is done, he will pot less than 20 points and never have a good playoff run ever again right? You're willing to stand by that? Bold.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think Killorn is hurt, maybe it's the leg he broke last year. All these games do add up and maybe his leg is just giving out. Hagel and Colton don't really have an excuse though, they need to do more. Colton was tied for the team lead in goals earlier in the playoffs, dude has been invisible since.

Reactions: copperlion

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
With the Avs tying the game twice and the fans going crazy the Bolts had every reason to get spooked but they just kept on truckin'.

This core has seen everything a team can see, gone through every situation possible in hockey. Down in series and won, up in series and lost, forced to win games at home and on the road to save their season, major injuries to overcome, bad calls to overcome, you name it this team has seen it. Tons of pressure packed must win games on top of it, this team is as unrattle-able as a team can be.

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
Since 2006 the Stanley Cup has been won at home only 6 times:

- 2006 Carolina
- 2007 Anaheim
- 2012 Los Angeles
- 2014 Los Angeles
- 2015 Chicago
- 2021 Tampa Bay

9 times the Cup has been won by the road team, and it's been a major trend since the Penguins went back to back starting in 2016 as road teams have clinched the Cup in 4 of 5 series (not counting bubble playoffs since everyone was "on the road").

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Just watched the replay and it will take time for me to loosen my sphincters...
Few minutes to play and there was lot of time left on the video...
I was pretty sure that the Avs would equalize and that it would end in OT !

So well done Bolts !
This team is admirable for its resilience
Before the finals I voted Bolts in 7...you never know...period after period...game after game :yo:

Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Leaf fan here again. I have backed off a bit lately, because of business issues. But I certainly have kept up to date on this series.

I am 100% into women, lol. as far as I know, but I have a huge man crush on this Jon Cooper guy.

I mean where does this guy come from?

Definitely the coolest dude, I have ever seen in the NHL, and we as a league have had a few cool ones.

And his results? Incredible.

What was initally sad for me as a distant admirer of Tampa hockey, was that the Bolts used to play very much like the Leafs play now.

Dynamic, brilliant passing, almost slap shoting the puck to each on the fly, 10% faster than anyone, anywhere.

Then suddenly, Cooper tightens things up, as the Leafs should have done and might very well do, at some point.
The Idynamo in me, was disappointed, but I noticed something, the Bolts won a Cup lol. Then another.

So this series of Tampa versus Colorado, again, for me, is historic and epic at the same time.

A coach who invented slap shot passing and dynamism,that he surely came up with, in his own mind. While he was plotting and scheming while he was in Norfolk.

That same coach acquired Ryan McDonagh and tightened up his circus, which must have befuddled the entire NHL, cause they were still trying to figure out his first moves.

Now he is up against Bednar, who is stubbornly hanging onto the first version of Coopers playbook.

This series is unbelievable. So good. Colorado is like the Bolts were, dynamic as heck.

The Bolts are like a ship of experienced pirates, unwilling to give away their bounty.

nhl dot com has done a great job btw on the series, just tons of good articles and insights, tons of it. Rarely impressed by them, but they have done a stellar job.

How you guys doin in Tampa, you all must be really happy to having a game six at home?

I am kinda thinking of going to the game, are tickets readily available.

I love random crazy road trips and this ain't so random.

Lets face it, your backs are still up against the wall, but man, you dispatched my Leafs beautifully.

I really want you guys to win, Colorado is a beautiful squad and Joe Sakic is pure class. But.... I want the pirates to have the bounty one more time.

Last edited:

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
This core has seen everything a team can see, gone through every situation possible in hockey. Down in series and won, up in series and lost, forced to win games at home and on the road to save their season, major injuries to overcome, bad calls to overcome, you name it this team has seen it. Tons of pressure packed must win games on top of it, this team is as unrattle-able as a team can be.
Stammer still gets the yips, but yeah as a team they're as solid as they come.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
What if Killorn has been wearing his skates on the wrong foot for his entire life and never knew about it?

Would explain a lot tbh.
So that Harvard degree is just a piece of paper? Well, I'll be...

Love this Lightning team and their mental fortitude. Train still rolling.

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Lightning are 2 wins away from 3-peat history. So proud of the fight this Lightning team has shown these playoffs. Last night, that crowd was insane! Especially after each time they tied it up.

Regulation goals given up
3 goals = Game 1
2 goals = Game 3
2 goals = Game 4
2 goals = Game 5

Lightining have given up 9 total regulation goals during 4 games (1, 3, 4, & 5) this series. Plus, 4 of those 9 total goals given up came on PP.

3 things needed rest of way
* Win special teams
* Sink scoring chances
* Vasy continue to be Vasy

Lightning have a path to pull this off, especally if they can get on one of their scoring streaks.

Go Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Lightning are 2 wins away from 3-peat history. So proud of the fight this Lightning team has shown these playoffs. Last night, that crowd was insane! Especially after each time they tied it up.

Regulation goals given up
3 goals = Game 1
2 goals = Game 3
2 goals = Game 4
2 goals = Game 5

Lightining have given up 9 total regulation goals during 4 games (1, 3, 4, & 5) this series. Plus, 4 of those 9 total goals given up came on PP.

3 things needed rest of way
* Win special teams
* Sink scoring chances
* Vasy continue to be Vasy

Lightning have a path to pull this off, especally if they can get on one of their scoring streaks.

Go Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
I can understand your point and your rules. And you're right.
But your initial stat is, I don't wanna say fake, but strange.
Game 2 is a game of the series. xD xD
I know we want to forget it, but it still counts.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I’m starting to wonder if Colorado is starting to get tired to. They swept two teams sure, but they play at a blistering pace. It’s gotta catch up to them at some point.

Reactions: Winnipegger1

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Why are Avs fans complaining about the officiating is much? Palat trip that put us on a 4 on 3 was similar to the Cirelli trip on Makar that gave them a 5 on 3

The trip on Makar was slightly weaker.

Sure stuff goes uncalled, but it goes both ways and I've never seen a fan base whine so bad

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
I pointed out these "Real stats" to show that Lightning have contained Colorado's high powered offense 4 outta 5 games during regulation. If you'd ask Lightning fans, or anyone for that matter, before series. If Lightning would be happy if they gave up 9 total regulation goals to Colorado's high powred offense 4 outta 5 games. They'd have taken those stats in a heartbeat. Same goes for Colorado's fans, they wouldn't believe they'd only score 9 regulation goals in 4 outta 5 games.

I showed this stat because if Lightning can continue this, they increase their chances a bunch. Colorado gets major credit for winning both OT's, but Lightning have a path to pull this off. Especially if they can win the special teams battle these next 2 games.

Go Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Why are Avs fans complaining about the officiating is much? Palat trip that put us on a 4 on 3 was similar to the Cirelli trip on Makar that gave them a 5 on 3

The trip on Makar was slightly weaker.

Sure stuff goes uncalled, but it goes both ways and I've never seen a fan base whine so bad
Byram literally tackled Paul around the 6-8min mark and no call. Blatantly obvious. Dave and Phil were pissed.

The only thing they should be complaining about is the forces of nature didn't ping pong a 3rd goal in for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad