GDT: 6/20/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wonder why they let Point play one game and are now sitting him these two? Perhaps he said he was good to go and he really wasn't?
It's most likely this. He most likely just isn't healed enough to go. He didn't look great, useless sounds mean but he was a nonn factor really. Not getting into any board battles, for obvious reasons.

I like what Nash has done with his limited minutes. Top line is looking good. Just need some offense form the 2nd and 3rd lines, hopefully Paul can wrack up a few more big goals for us

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Good win, but somehow I'm still not feeling great about the series. Colorado is like the Leafs except they seem to have that little something the Leafs are missing.

Their offense is fast but they also move the puck east/west better than any other team, our defenders are constantly getting tired and out of position while Colorado opens up a lane. Toronto was strong off the rush but we were pretty good at containing them to the outside once they got in. Hasn't been a series in the last 3 years where our D looks this lost.

They're skilled but they also look hungry for that Cup win, it was 6-2 and they came out the 3rd guns blazing. Next game is huge, it's make or break for TB - can't see them coming back from 3-1.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Luckily, Kuch plays the type of game where he can get away with floating. Need him to just set up some nice chances.

Their offense is fast but they also move the puck east/west better than any other team, our defenders are constantly getting tired and out of position while Colorado opens up a lane. Toronto was strong off the rush but we were pretty good at containing them to the outside once they got in. Hasn't been a series in the last 3 years where our D looks this lost.

They're skilled but they also look hungry for that Cup win, it was 6-2 and they came out the 3rd guns blazing. Next game is huge, it's make or break for TB - can't see them coming back from 3-1.
I think our ability to match up lines at home was a big help. On the road...different story.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
That was a good game and more so a great result! I think we can play even better but still a huge response and a lot of stuff to like! We didn't let them score on 5 vs 5, Vasi had some huge saves, our stars really lead us on the ice and we got some depth scoring! Was also interesting how we exposed their best d-pairing in Makar and Toews.

Next one is also a must win, can we tie it up, then we definitely have a series, unfortunately I don't think we can get back from a loss, so have to get another win to begin with. Hope Kuch is alright and that Paul can also play, not counting on Point unfortunately.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Watching Makar play, his offensive acumen and silkiness are as advertised, but I don't see anything even remotely close to a top tier defender. He definitely needs some seasoning in his own end.

I don't think he's ever going to be a "top-tier" defender but it's not like I'm seeing a pylon like Karlsson was some nights either. All the Karlsson gate-keepers are trying to crucify him for every goal he's on the ice for though, if you watched Hedman this series you wouldn't think he's a top "defender" either.

Reactions: DaBolts

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
They are chokers and mentally weak. I watched them play they are lucky binnington got hurt or the blues would have beat them for sure.
Could not agree more with this post. Been saying it all year on the Leaf board. GOOOO BOLLLLTTS go.

This could be the best Stanley Cup win of them all.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
How how do I get to listen to Phil Esposito? My favorite player of all time. Jon Cooper, best coach in NHL history. Is there any interface of Espo with Cooper? Because boy, would I love to hear it.

I love this Tampa team. It all comes down from Phil Esposito. And Cooper.

Man, I hate Colorado. Oh man Kucherov......

Come on Phil. Come on. Be more positive lol. Great clip from Espo thanks.

As Espo well knows, Kucherov, is akin, to the guy who was going to win the 72 series for Russia.

Valeri Kharlamov. Well Espo, this time, you have the guy on your team.

Kharlamov/Kucherov, yeah, god or whatever y'all calls it, has a divine sense of humour.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
How how do I get to listen to Phil Esposito? My favorite player of all time. Jon Cooper, best coach in NHL history. Is there any interface of Espo with Cooper? Because boy, would I love to hear it.

I love this Tampa team. It all comes down from Phil Esposito. And Cooper.

Man, I hate Colorado. Oh man Kucherov......

Come on Phil. Come on. Be more positive lol. Great clip from Espo thanks.

As Espo well knows, Kucherov, is akin, to the guy who was going to win the 72 series for Russia.

Valeri Kharlamov. Well Espo, this time, you have the guy on your team.
Just listen to this station during the games, though it might be tricky to sync with the live video if you're watching the game at the same time

There's also this YouTube channel that combines the radio calls with the video highlights. You can go back and see what he said about previous games

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
What’s funny now is that all the avs fans who were talking shit about how dominant they were and how we’ve never faced a team like theirs are now doing the full 180. “We knew it wouldn’t be a short, easy series…”

Reactions: Stammertime91

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Just listen to this station during the games, though it might be tricky to sync with the live video if you're watching the game at the same time

There's also this YouTube channel that combines the radio calls with the video highlights. You can go back and see what he said about previous games

Many obliges.

Reactions: Hoek

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Phil are u listening? U have to be more believing.

You went through five or six Stanley Cups to get a team in Tampa.

Yeah, that would kill a horse. Maybe a team of horses.

But Phil, we need you for this third win. Phil watch this, again and again and again and DO what you did before. carry, the team of Tampa, to a third. SIMPLE right?

Watch yourself here Phil, when you litreally changed NHL hockey, Canadian hockey and American hockey.

Don't let me down now Phil.

Watch this fans, and Phil, watch, Vasi needs you to believe. He needs THIS VOICE Phil.

Come on Phil you can be as IMPORTANT here, as Cory Perry. You SAVED the NHL.

You got a team in TAMPA!!!!!!

Come on WAPPO!!! As Gordie Called you.

One more time Phil. We need a third here. You did the impossible, the IMPOSSIBLE, so DO IT AGAIN.

Phil you set this all up. All of it. U got the team in Tampa.

I guarantee you I will make you the social media guy of the day at least LOL

PHIL i need, we need, your voice, your sault voice, siciliano voice, the high pitch, I hear nothing so far, Phil and I have heard greatness from you.

Dude watch this and yeah I know you probably gotta drink a lot to get a high nasal unhealthy pitch like this, but hey, its the finals PHIL.

God Bless ya Phil god bless the Bolts.!

Come on Phil. Please.

Come on bro. Let the people of Tampa see this one more time. What you did, why you are the best playr for me, in NHL history.

But PHIL, you need to be Phil on the air. DIdn't sound llke you.

Listen to yourself.

I want PHILLLLLL ESPOSITOOOOO... The god of scoring, the god o f Tampa. Bolts brother need this they need you Cooper and all the boys, Its 1972 mouthf***er. Same shit, and you know it.

Show it, show up Phil, calling you out, y our voice is NOT NOT up to Phil yet.

Tampa wins this, I hire you myself, come on bro.

You saved the fuggin NHL, you got the team in the NHL... do you need an elbow from Howe? Wake up Phil

Can ANY team in the NHL... say that the author of their team was, maybe, the best guy, best player of all time?

Uhhh, no.

Its a carpetbagger league, but not Tampa ORIGINALLY.

Lol this guy in his prime playing with Hedman? Hahahahahahaha, it wouldn't be fair at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meuracas

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
I think Bobby Orr was the best ever (Phil probably agrees) and that the Bolts don't really care what Phil thinks. They just want to win the cup. It's just my opinion. :) Mishkin and Phil are the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad