GDT: 6/20/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I like how they didn't look as fast tonight. Great job by coop and the boys but I'm hoping Colorado has... well... as another poster said....

Let loose...

That was super noticeable, wasn't it? Colorado didn't look like they were skating on jet packs. I doubt it's a matter of them losing their speed all at once or us suddenly getting faster...it probably points to altitude being more of an issue than we would've hoped it would be. Problem is, we can't win this series without at least one win in Denver, so if altitude is that much of an issue for them, then they better figure it out in time for Game 5.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Good win, but somehow I'm still not feeling great about the series. Colorado is like the Leafs except they seem to have that little something the Leafs are missing.
What, shittier goaltending, higher altitude home games? lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Keep Nash in over point. Nash didn't Olay much but when he was on the ice he played well.

He actually did a good job shutting down the trailing Colorado player. They love to skate in and push the d back then drop pass to an open dman or trailing forward. Nash stated in the middle near the blue line and picked off 2 or 3 of those Colorado plays.

D still backing up way too much

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
His opinions are whatever, but he knows the X's and O's.
I mean its pretty easy to break things down on replay. I'm not trying to boast like him I promise lol.

But the things he's pointing out are pretty basic. Anyway, he's rubbed me the wrong way and I'll leave it at that.

Time to win game 4!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I mean its pretty easy to break things down on replay. I'm not trying to boast like him I promise lol.

But the things he's pointing out are pretty basic. Anyway, he's rubbed me the wrong way and I'll leave it at that.

Time to win game 4!
Hockey structure isn't an overly complex thing, or the players couldn't do it at speed for 60 minutes.

I think that given the relatively low numbers of people that have played hockey, the education needs to pick up, and that channel is one of the few places that fans can actually learn some things.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hockey structure isn't an overly complex thing, or the players couldn't do it at speed for 60 minutes.

I think that given the relatively low numbers of people that have played hockey, the education needs to pick up, and that channel is one of the few places that fans can actually learn some things.
Fair enough.

I still dislike the guy lol :ha:

Reactions: Felonious Python

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We figured them out in the neutral zone, plain and simple. Not nearly enough is being made about it, because once Colorado can't move so easily in transition they suddenly have to play defense and we seen how that went for them last night.

They are still ridiculous on the PP when they get easier access into our zone, and unfortunately our super conservative PK that doesn't challenge the puck carrier and relies on blocked shots and Vasy making saves plays into their strength. Their PP is like what ours would be if we played with any sort of initiative.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Their control of the middle of the ice in the offensive is unreal. Thats the scariest part to me. Every time they get possession in the offensive zone they attack the middle and own it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It doesn't help that our forwards and D back.up way to much in their own end and give the Avs easy entries. Sure they have speed built up but you can still try and force them to dump and chase or cut into another bolts player ready yo pick them off

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Need to fix that pk. Every avs power play leads to a goal basically.

walking here lol pocket posted lol

It's true tho we gotta stay out if the box. It's like a inta goal for them. Won't be easy to steal a road game if we can't figure out their pp.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
At least its not a we'll see or doubtful. Kuch might have something lingering tomorrow, but the "I hope he can go" isn't overly reassuring 😅

We need Kuchs play making, even if he's coasting skating wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad