GDT: 6/20/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Heard the ice at Amalie is not in good shape. Anyone have any contacts at the arena that can update us?
Not sure the source, but I think it needs to be checked. I think Amalie is one of the most efficient arena's in the league when it comes to the environment that is needed for perfection. Now, LFG!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: flyfysher

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They need to get away from the "Win 1-0" and "structure them to death" mindset because what we saw was a team ready to have Vasilevskiy bail them out of every issue they ran into until someone just happened to score and win us the game.

It was not a lack of desire that did us in. The Lightning VERY MUCH want to win. It was the fact this team was not desperate. They smashed the "calm" button after game 1 and fell asleep

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Do you guys have any other known/speculated injuries besides point? Looks like Avs are down Burakovsky today for sure, didn’t fly with the team to Tampa apparently
Hedman has been pretty meh since he took an elbow to the jaw against the Rangers. Given how bad the entire roster has been and especially in creating sustained offense feel free to speculate. Killorn and Hagel are two suspects for sure for example.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Heard the ice at Amalie is not in good shape. Anyone have any contacts at the arena that can update us?
Like... in general? Or currently?

Usually it's pretty good.

not sure if this is a good omen or not, but my beta fish named Vasy just attacked and cannibalized my fiances fish which she named Mack.
He's upgraded to an alpha fish

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Like... in general? Or currently?

Usually it's pretty good.

He's upgraded to an alpha fish
I read on the Avs forum that someone said they had info from someone at the rink that the ice was presently not good. But I'm a nobody in CO without any connections so I've no idea if it's true or not. That's why I asked.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I read on the Avs forum that someone said they had info from someone at the rink that the ice was presently not good. But I'm a nobody in CO without any connections so I've no idea if it's true or not. That's why I asked.
you have literally been talking about it since before the series started. we get it. go talk about it in the AVES board

Reactions: Hoek and DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
We turn the ice temperature up to 42 degrees so Makar and McKinnon have to wear Keds to skate. Stupidest comment of the year here.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :lightningbolt!!

Please don't suck anymore. :puppy:

Switched to my Vinny jersey retirement t shirt for extra mojo.

About to leave home for the game (I get there early for the cheaper parking) and a thunderstorm just arrived. Hopefully that's a good omen.

See y'all on the other side!

P.S. In all the many years I've been attending games at Amalie - including late in the season playoff games - the ice has generally NOT been a problem. People not from Florida don't realize that we start getting the heat down here waaay before June. :P

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Snuck in and wrote this on the whiteboard just now

Listen up, pheasants. They’re laughing at you. They’re all laughing at you. The media has counted you out already. They’re saying it’s over.

If you have an ounce of integrity left in the tank, you will pull out a victory tonight.

You can’t be consumed by your boneheaded, braindead decisions anymore. You will be united in your willingness to compete. Perhaps it’s fate that you’re down 0-2 again and you will once again be fighting for your 3-peat lives… from near elimination.

This is the day that this locker room declares in one voice, “We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our Turnaround Day!”

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Seriously?
really-seriously.gif

A win would be better than a loss.
Please tell Cooper.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I'm going full pessimism today so be prepared. We are probably going to lose so let's just face it. This narrative works better and is healthier.

1. I prepare myself for the eventual loss.
2. If we comeback then yay? My pessimism will get lost in the shit posting and I'll blame someone else.

I pretty much win-win on this one.
Since I was born, I'm a pessimist person...
Said that, it's really hard to win tonight.

Reactions: DaBolts

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Since I was born, I'm a pessimist person...
Said that, it's really hard to win tonight.
I want to think this team won't lay an egg but there was not a single positive in game 2. I'm chalking game 1 up to us shooting on Kuemper and the Avs "feeling us out" and shaking off rust. Yet they still won. If this series was 1-1, it wouldn't feel so dire, but we got bitch slapped like I've never seen and nobody on our team did a damn thing. We look spent.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I want to think this team won't lay an egg but there was not a single positive in game 2. I'm chalking game 1 up to us shooting on Kuemper and the Avs "feeling us out" and shaking off rust. Yet they still won. If this series was 1-1, it wouldn't feel so dire, but we got bitch slapped like I've never seen and nobody on our team did a damn thing. We look spent.
Yep. This x100.

Side note, I find myself liking just about every single one of your posts lately. Cause we agree on stuff? Can there really be two hockey supergeniuses on one forum??

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Nothing else to say
In round 1 and 3 we played with fire but, for some reasons (we were good and lucky at the same time), we were able to win the series.
In G1 and 2 now, we're paying the price.

Reactions: DaBolts

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
You’re our guy on the inside. Tell us if you crazy Floridians have discovered and concocted a way to keep the ice cold later tonight.
Idk how they survive down there man. It’s f***in hot as shit all the time. I would step outside and within 10 minutes feel like I needed a shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad