6 -2 Habs vs Kings Is this real life? edition

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Price stole the game. He just looks too relaxed doing it.

Sekac is the real thing. What a coup by Bergevin to sign him.

Oh.... don't worry, Price played well, I know that.

Had Price been average, we would have won 6-4 instead.

The idea is -- for a team like the Kings, a December game is something of a rehearsal. I hope to say that for the Habs someday.

Davebo*

DD ****ing sucks :sarcasm:

And lmao kings fans pretty angry at their boards over the nah nah nah chants :laugh:

I'm sure their jackass twitter account will come up with an appropriate smart-ass remark. Me - I'll take the 2 points instead everyday.... :nod:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Advanced stats will tell us that the Habs were dominated.
Watching the game... I don't know, can a team displaying such comical D lapses possibly dominate a game?

No, correlation is not a synonym of causation.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It was not a masterpiece but they got the two points and several players have their confidence back. Habs have some work to do but one thing is for sure games are more fun with the kids playing.
Sekac is like drafting a first rounder who made the team out of camp! What a steal!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It was not a masterpiece but they got the two points and several players have their confidence back. Habs have some work to do but one thing is for sure games are more fun with the kids playing.
Sekac is like drafting a first rounder who made the team out of camp! What a steal!

Even better, we didn't use a first round pick. Or any pick!!!! MB and our scouts are GOAT.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
ZqBHlJ7.png

Habsburglar :nod:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
wellp, that was fun

nobody should really complain about the first line tonight, they had their hands full with a top NHL line and didnt look out of place with chuckys second game at center

but most importantly

these freaking kids and the life theyre bringing to the team, and theyre all 22 and 21, even beaulieu at 21, funniest part of all this is theyre ALL older than galchenyuk lmao

and we really need to stop *****ing about sekac being sat for 7 games..its 100% clear as day it was to shop bourque and moen and guess what, it freaking worked.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
No one is talking about how shaky our first line looked tonight but then again most lines looked like that tonight. I was a little disappointed that Ghetto was taken off the 2nd line but he did look good with bourni.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
wellp, that was fun

nobody should really complain about the first line tonight, they had their hands full with a top NHL line and didnt look out of place with chuckys second game at center

but most importantly

these freaking kids and the life theyre bringing to the team, and theyre all 22 and 21, even beaulieu at 21, funniest part of all this is theyre ALL older than galchenyuk lmao

and we really need to stop *****ing about sekac being sat for 7 games..its 100% clear as day it was to shop bourque and moen and guess what, it freaking worked.

I don't think so. Anaheim had been inquiring about Bourque since the draft. They knew what he was. MT was being a stubborn coach benching Sekac.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
90 shots directed to Price
Thank you Price and Thank you Jones.

On the good side: Desharnais broke his streak, Andrighetto continue and Sekac deserve to be consider a top 6 from now on. Not only because he can play in the O-zone but in all 3 zones.

Was tougher for the first line, but Therrien gave them no free pass and i liked it. Faced tough opposition, didn't get much O-zone start than anybody and stood up in his zone a couple of time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pleky helped convince Sekac. Promote Pleky to Head of Czech scouting for Habs.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Jones just had a bad night. He also played here last year and we lost 5-0.

We got lucky.

Habs skated and pushed the play. They earned every goal. Sure, Quick might've saved one or two, but Jones is no scrub and none were bad or lucky goals.

At the other end, yeah, an average performance in nets and LA has three or four goals. Still nothing lucky about the win, especially when you consider how many of LA's shots came on their PPs and a few bursts of pressure. Habs weren't dominated all night, but only during a few shifts and on the PK. It was a good game against a strong team.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

this is exactly what its feeling like, its a freaking first rounder and we fastforwarded him 4 development years, how lucky, finally!

it was CLEAR there was something special about him from the get go, as early as rookie camp,...and i mean i get it, we've all seen a rookie or prospect stand out in rookie camps and everyone gets excited and then eventualy the flame gets extinguished later on..

but lets face it guys.....we never saw anything quite like sekac during a rookie camp...., and in turn, training camp..

Amazing that De La Rose, Hudon, Mccarron, and Scherbak are on the way in the coming years, oooooooh weeeeeee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad