GDT: 6/18/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado [SCF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Good thing about the playoffs is that it doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 10-0, it's still just one game. Win the next one and no one remembers what happened here.

Down 2-0 against the Avs is not gonna be anywhere as near easy to overcome as it was against the Rangers though. But if anyone can do it, it's this team.

Reactions: DaBolts

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Outsider fan but still pulling for Tampa. Just win game 3. Take care of business at home, then take it from there. Avs are a very very good team but they’re beatable if things go right and Tampa gets their head out of their a**

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Stamkos and Point had 1 shot each - Kuch none.
Cirelli and Hagel had 1 shot each - Palat and Killorn none.

Paul had 2, Perry 3.

Yup.

Reactions: ultra63

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Lightning looked exhausted, they'll have to reach deeper than ever before to win this. Not going to dog on this team, they've fought their tails off to reach these finals. Didn't think they'd do that these playoffs and with all the moments they've given us Lightning fans. Us fans shouldn't pile on them, they're playing a very good-hungry team that has nowhere near the playoff miles this Lightning team has on them. Hoping they have enough fight left to get back into this series.

Go Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Last edited:

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Oh yeah, Lightning are playing to afraid. Nothing wrong with respecting opponents, but what the Lightning are doing is to much.

Go Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Vasi playing this badly gives team no chance. When you're accustomed to playing with a lights out goalie on your side., this is seismic.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Our only hope
B75C7E0B-2A48-4774-9423-6C84227DE8CC.jpeg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My confidence in Stammer is extremely high, but he needs to be the team's unstoppable motor. He's the captain and probably their Conn Smythe candidate. They will pick up the pace if he is.

btw, where did '3 in a row is the only qualification for dynasty' start? I don't think I ever heard that until this season. If you win 5 in 7 years, for example, I'm pretty sure that's a dynasty.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
My confidence in Stammer is extremely high, but he needs to be the team's unstoppable motor. He's the captain and probably their Conn Smythe candidate. They will pick up the pace if he is.

btw, where did '3 in a row is the only qualification for dynasty' start? I don't think I ever heard that until this season. If you win 5 in 7 years, for example, I'm pretty sure that's a dynasty.
Pretty sure I heard it as a disqualifier for the Hawks and Pens before.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Why? What cliche would make you feel better?

“We just didn’t play our game.”

“We needed to get pucks in deep and we didn’t do that.”

“Things didn’t go our way tonight.”

“The bounces weren’t in our favor.”

“We didn’t give ourselves a chance to win.”

“Vasy is the best goalie in the world, but we really let him down tonight with the way we played in front of him.”

“But now we are going back to Tampa, and our fans, and we’ll be ready to go for game 3.”

I didn’t watch any post game, but I’m gonna go ahead and predict I just told you the majority of how it went.
Damn did I call it, or did I call it

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Guys, we're in the Stanley Cup Finals.
The day after a devastating loss.
Words, press conferences and quotes mean ZERO right now.
The only thing that matters is what they'll do on the ice tomorrow night.
Words mean NOTHING.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Well I guess the silver lining is you can't play worse. We've been embarrassed a couple times in the playoffs already and we've bounced back every time. Lets see if we can do it again or if we just have nothing left.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
He's not saying Vasi is a spoiled brat that won't listen to what the coach says, just that he wants to compete til the end. I wouldn't take it literally.

Probably thw whole message was correct, but these words were not perfect.
Btw it's not a real problem right now. I hope Vasy will play a great G3.

Anyone remember Wes Anderson's first movie Bottle Rocket?

iu

It doesn't sound that bad in Spanish :laugh:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Vasy has been bad for 5.5 out of 7.5 periods (overtime was barely a period)

Sure he's getting left out to dry by the D but alot of these goals have been softies. He hasn't been sharp, no one has.

The rest of the team let Keumper get a shutout. This man is being handed a cup because he's not even that good a goalie. Colorado could still be in this spot with a bloody pylon in net. He's getting off way too easy because we can't generate any offense. It's pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad