GDT: 6/15/21 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay [SF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We've always had a hard time playing well at Nassau and the ice is terrible. Definitely helped playing them in the bubble last year. More worried about the rink than the fans.

That's kinda true, but when's the last time we actually played at Nassau? It can't have been more than once or twice since the beginning of 2015-'16. We only played away to the Islanders once last season, and before last season, they still played more games in Brooklyn than Uniondale. So while there's some historical truth to that, I'm not sure how relevant it is in 2021.

EDIT - looked it up. Played there once in 2018-'19, and once in 2019-'20. Only games at Nassau since the Islanders originally left in 2015.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This officiating crew better get punted into the sun after this game.

Imagine if I told you that the eight referees left in the playoffs are supposed to be the eight best referees in the NHL...and among those referees is someone so incompetent as to call goalie interference for someone shoved by a defensive player into the goalie from 10 feet away? It's really easy to see why the officiating in this sport is so f*cked.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
People act like their barn is on another planet and there's no oxygen. They lose at home. Lol... take 1 of 2.

As I've said so many times, we're 23-13 on the road since 2015. That's never been our problem, and it's not like we haven't played tough crowds in that time. 3-1 at MSG, 2-1 in Montréal, 3-0 in Raleigh, 3-2 in Detroit, 2-0 in Boston...I'm sure Nassau will be raucous. But I doubt we're going 0-2 or 0-3 there. I'd be astonished. The only times we've failed to win a road game in any playoff series came the two times we've been swept.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Imagine if I told you that the eight referees left in the playoffs are supposed to be the eight best referees in the NHL...and among those referees is someone so incompetent as to call goalie interference for someone shoved by a defensive player into the goalie from 10 feet away? It's really easy to see why the officiating in this sport is so f*cked.

I'm just now catching up on highlights from the rest of the game. I held to my word of not watching after that atrocity of a call. I now see we scored with 6 skaters on the ice.

Both coaches need to read those refs and the league the f***ing riot act. I honestly don't know if I'm going to watch the rest of the series if those moron refs don't get replaced. What happened tonight makes this great sport unwatchable.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Also Pageau apparently got injured on a nothing play. Looked very Stamkos-esque. If he's out or even limited they're in big trouble. So far Trotz is saying it's not a big deal but...

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Encouraging win, very one-sided contest. Gives me more hope than I had originally, we looked a level above the Islanders tonight.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
The PP is falling in love with having Kuch quarter back it. Just take what you have. Same problem as when they use to force Stammer one timers. Not always going to get to your set plays. Gotta live with the spontaneity

so spot on! I want to see some new creativity just once in a while. And heddy needs to shoot more often. Our PP will open up more chances if their PK has to honor the shot from 77. It was big for him to get that one tonite

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
IMO a big reason we won was we stopped those blind back passes after crossing their blue line, expecting a D man to be there. Game 1 there was at least 10 times where it happened, and NYI has a man there waiting for it. Game 2 was a lot more dump it in and out forecheck them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad