GDT: 6/15/21 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay [SF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Reading the Isles board is hilarious, Apparently, everything is an embellishment and a flop. And the Isles never do anything wrong and we are just flopping all over the ice getting calls.

I am remembering why I disliked them last year.
I love hockey, but I hate hockey fans. There’s just too many petty, irrational, and frankly childish fans. It kinda sucks really.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Reminds me of the Eagles fans who were so sure they would never lose to the Bucs in the NFC Championship because of what a cold and loud shithole the Vet was. Then we shut that shit down, lmao.

It's so dumb. They've already lost two games there! It's not some impregnable fortress. And the Lightning just went 3-0 on the road in the last round in a similarly loud and crazy barn.

One of the most glorious historical facts in NFL history is that the last official game at the Vet was a Buccaneer win, and the first official game at their new stadium the very next season is also a Buccaneer win. I remember it well, shutting them out on MNF.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
j295w12azo571.jpg

interesting picture from the net cam

Reactions: Stammertime91

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Still pretty close so far at even strength, that was much better yesterday tho. We generate more chances but the Ilses are very opportunist and create slightly more High danger Corsi, like deflected shots.

What might make again the difference is that Tampa's special teams are more effective. That series is too close to let NY dominate 5v5, but yesterday was a good start.

I think we play drastically better on the road, facing an hostile environment too. That's where this team thrives. NY fans think we can't beat them there... This is going to be interesting.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I actually agree with Trotz in principle. I saw more embellishment on our end last night for sure, and wish guys would just stay on their feet when able and give the officials an honest look. Nothing was egregiously bad but I can't stand when guys go down easy hoping to draw calls. Trotz isn't wrong imo.

Doesn't look great to say that after a 1 sided loss but I see what he's getting at.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I actually agree with Trotz in principle. I saw more embellishment on our end last night for sure, and wish guys would just stay on their feet when able and give the officials an honest look. Nothing was egregiously bad but I can't stand when guys go down easy hoping to draw calls. Trotz isn't wrong imo.

Doesn't look great to say that after a 1 sided loss but I see what he's getting at.

I dont think he needs to worry about it. I doubt we get many pps in NY. We were better 5v5 last game but will need to be better when on the road. However, if we play our best game isles are outmatched and that should bring more frustration on their part which will naturally draw at least some calls.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Christ, first crying about no call on our 2nd goal and now moaning about Tampa embellishing?

Suck it up and play the game, Isles. Would be one thing if he acknowledged how bullshit the call was on Point, but nah, that f***s his narrative about the poor poor Isles.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Saints

Exactly they were pissed they got called when they normally get no calls against them. Well they definitely play that ideal style in the playoffs when you got size and can get away with some interference here and there. Oh my tragic they can't get away with some interference for a game. Refs will be back on their side in NY. Watch we will be mentioning this over the next couple games.

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->