GDT: 6/15/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

icb1977

Jun 16, 2015
I knew your team was great....but I must say I didn't know just how great your team was, I underestimated them. This series is one of the tightest gut wrenching series that I have ever watched my team play in. There was no space whatsoever, it was frustrating at times. Your team was all over us...I think in the end our veteran savvy and experience was the difference...

...and yes a little bit of luck too, but THAT is part of hockey. That is why it is so hard to have repeat success in this sport....bouncing pucks, goal posts, etc. all require a bit of luck to overcome. It was actually part of my discussion with my daughter while we were watching, about how difficult it is in this sport to have consistent success and why you should cherish it when you do.

It is unbelievable how snake-bitten Stamkos was this series...I really thought he was a real pain and all over the place, he just couldn't catch a break. I know he should have elevated the puck but he was too deep into the crease by that time. By the time he made his move and had Crawford down the distance and the angle was against him at that point. But anyways he almost gave me a heart attack on numerous occasions.

I remember when my team lost in the 2009 WCF to Detroit (4-1) the defeat was gut wrenching. We felt that we finally had rebuilt enough to beat them and had a shot at the Cup only to get beat pretty soundly by the Wings. It felt like a ship crashing with a "thud". We eventually won the Cup the next year and the rest was history. I think it is moments like these that help develop your talent to the next level.

Honestly I think that Tamp Bay is primed to make a run here....I wouldn't doubt that you make a run similiar to the Hawks and this might just be your launching pad. I know the feeling is hollow and painful but hang in there and good luck and thank you for a GREAT series! (Seriously it was...no team had a 2 goal lead until the clinching game and even that was in the final 5-6 minutes of the game.) This series was amazingly close and intense.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Congrats Lightning fans. I had the Bolts coming out of the East at the start of the playoffs. I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were this good. I think they will be the class of the east for years to come, and know Yzerman won't stop until they are winning multiple cups.

At the beginning of this series I thought the stars of each team would cancel each other out and the Hawks depth would be the difference, and it was. Yes the Hawks only went 4 defensemen deep, but in reality the Lightning were only 3.5 deep. The only difference was Q knew it and rarely played his weak bottom two, while Cooper insisted on putting his out there on regular shifts. Q could put his 4th line out there in any situation and they held their own and then some. Cooper played with 7 defensemen and didn't really put together a fully functional 4th line, even though he had the talent to do so sitting in the press box too often. But he is young and I'm sure he learned from his experience.

The Bolt's young forwards and Hedman & Stralman are really awesome and the experience they gained this year is priceless. They will carry this team to the highest glory very soon. I've always love Callahan's and Boyle's games and heart and they fit as the 3rd and 4th line destroyers perfectly. They provide the veteran leadership needed to succeed (I personally think Callahan should have been their captain, but I understand developing younger leadership with Stamkos).

Yzerman has built this team very well, and they play the game the right way. Speed, skill, and intelligence is the way of the new NHL and having depth with all 3 is what wins in this new NHL. That's something the Ducks and Blues will never understand, but the Predator and Wild do in the west. There is no doubt the Bolts were the best competition the Hawks have faced in the playoffs during this era, and it is because of Yzerman's understanding of how to build a winner in this era. I believe the Bolts are only two bottom 6 forwards and two bottom defensemen away from being the most complete team in the league. Those are pretty easy slots for Yzerman to fill and he has plenty of cap space to do it.

I know the Hawks will manage their mini-cap purge just fine and they will be a threat for as long as this core is around. I fully expect they will face off against the east powerhouse Lightning again, and this was so much stressful fun I can hardly wait. Great series guys and best of luck to my new second favorite team.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Now that I've digested that rotten egg of an ending, I have to say that this was a tough one to swallow.

Morrow will be gone next season, hopefully we can trade Sustr to a team playing in Antartica, and we can bring some more depth on to the team. Chicago beat us with depth and that's the only thing we lacked besides a healthy Tyler Johnson. I've been hard on Stammer this series but great ones step up and let's hope the contract negotiation do not get fogged up by his agent and maybe an incentive laden $9.5-$10 five year deal can be struck with bonuses for playoff performance.

All I know is that I hope the guys heal up, we get better and start hockey in just over 3 months. The oddsmakers do not respect us yet and this means there are still doubters out there. Maybe next season they can bury these nagging naysayers (like Millbury) and we can win it all.

Here's to a good and productive offseason and thank you HF Boards (as I just found you this year) and I look forward to cheering my Bolts on with y'all next season.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...y-cup-final-is-second-most-watched-on-record/
The 2015 Stanley Cup Final averaged 5.551 million viewers and a 3.19 HH rating across NBC and NBCSN, making it the second-most watched Final on record (since 1994), according to The Nielsen Company. In addition, last night’s deciding game on NBC (8:08-11:16 p.m. ET), in which the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-0 to claim their third Stanley Cup in six years, averaged 8.005 million viewers and delivered a 4.44 HH rating, making it the third-most watched Stanley Cup Final Game 6 on record.
The 5.551 million viewers for the six-game 2015 Stanley Cup Final makes it the second-most watched on record, trailing only the 2013 Final, which featured the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins and averaged 5.753 million viewers through six games. This year’s Final is up 11% vs. last year, which featured the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings and ended in five games (5.009).

Among the six Stanley Cup Finals on record to average at least 5.0 million viewers since 1994, NBC/NBCSN has televised four of them, including each of the past three years.

Following are the most-watched Stanley Cup Finals on record and the only ones to average more than 5.0 million viewers:

Rank | Series | Network | Games | Avg. Viewers
1|2013 Chicago-Boston|NBC/NBCSN|6 Games|5.753 million
2 | 2015 Tampa Bay-Chicago | NBC/NBCSN | 6 Games | 5.551 million
3|1997 Detroit-Philadelphia|FOX/ESPN|4 Games|5.289 million
4|2010 Chicago-Philadelphia|NBC/NBCSN|6 Games|5.167 million
5|2002 Detroit-Carolina|ABC/ESPN|5 Games|5.112 million
6|2014 New York-Los Angeles|NBC/NBCSN|5 Games|5.009 million
Chicago led all local markets during the Final, averaging a 27.3 HH rating, which is up 24% vs. the Blackhawks two most-recent Final appearances in 2013 and 2010 (22.0 for both). Tampa delivered a 14.9 HH rating for the six games. Buffalo (7.1) was the top market among cities with no team in the game.

Following are the Top 10 local markets for the entire 2015 Stanley Cup Final series:

Rank | Market | HH Rtg
1|Chicago|27.3
2|Tampa|14.9
3|Buffalo|7.1
4|Boston|5.2
5|Milwaukee|5.2
6|Minn-St. Paul|5.1
7|Denver|4.9
8|Ft. Myers|4.4
9|St. Louis|4.3
10|Providence|4.1
The 8.005 million viewers for last night’s deciding game rank third among Stanley Cup Final Game 6s and fourth overall for any NHL game on record. The game peaked with nearly 10.9 million viewers in the 10:45-11 p.m. ET quarter-hour.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I've been hard on Stammer this series but great ones step up and let's hope the contract negotiation do not get fogged up by his agent and maybe an incentive laden $9.5-$10 five year deal can be struck with bonuses for playoff performance.

Stamkios won't be eligible for any bonuses in his contact, as it's only allowed in ELC, over 35 years old, and for players who have missed significant injuries.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just wanted to come around and say it was great series

Love a lot of the talent on your team and think that TB could be the Eastern powerhouse everyone has been waiting for to emerge

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Probably not the thread to post it in but here is the final group picture of the season as the EC Winners, hopefully we get to see the pic soon (feel free to move it to where it should be).

xf47zm.jpg

4js2uf.jpg

Love the first pic, really shows how close they all are and now that the main disappointment have settled I’m sure they are actually happy with what they have done.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They will have an Eastern conference champions banner forever hung in the rafters, lets just hope this is the start of bigger things to soon come.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So happy we finally have a new banner after having nothing to show for 2011. Need to start filling up those rafters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad