GDT: 6/11/22 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
love all the fatigue talk coming from the Rangers team. After their first two wins, everybody was touting them as the younger, faster team. In reality, they were a shitty 5v5 team who got exposed by a team who didn't have their backup goalie in who just needed to shake off the rust after a long layoff to flex their muscles over an inferior team.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm at the point where I don't even care about the results of the next series. You won't convince me that this team isn't the best team of the salary cap era. 80+ playoff wins since 2015. That's almost double the 2nd place organization, the Pens.

If they do manage to pull off 12 series wins in a row, every other organization can choke on a wheelbarrow of dicks.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm at the point where I don't even care about the results of the next series. You won't convince me that this team isn't the best team of the salary cap era. 80+ playoff wins since 2015. That's almost double the 2nd place organization, the Pens.

If they do manage to pull off 12 series wins in a row, every other organization can choke on a wheelbarrow of dicks.

Win the next series and they are in the argument for the best team of all time!

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
This is going to be one hell of a series.

In Vasy we trust.
I don't know how others feel about it but as good as he has been, this playoff run has - so far - been less about Vasy's brilliance and more about incredible team defense in front of him when it mattered most. Don't get me wrong, I know that has been our trademark through these past three incredible years but I'm not kidding when I say that we probably still win the game tonight with Elliott in the net. That's how good the defense was.

But I added "so far" above because I think that ends in COL. We'll still play great D but they are a cut above and even with the Bolts stellar structure, the Avs are going to get more than their share of grade As at 5 x 5, something the Rags just could not do. So, yup, "in Vasy we trust" indeed because I think it's going to take vintage, game stealing Vasy for us to have a chance against that wagon.

Reactions: zeykshade

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't know how others feel about it but as good as he has been, this playoff run has - so far - been less about Vasy's brilliance and more about incredible team defense in front of him when it mattered most. Don't get me wrong, I know that has been our trademark through these past three incredible years but I'm not kidding when I say that we probably still win the game tonight with Elliott in the net. That's how good the defense was.

But I added "so far" above because I think that ends in COL. We'll still play great D but they are a cut above and even with the Bolts stellar structure, the Avs are going to get more than their share of grade As at 5 x 5, something the Rags just could not do. So, yup, "in Vasy we trust" indeed because I think it's going to take vintage, game stealing Vasy for us to have a chance against that wagon.
I think this is true. Vasy's impact this run has been more about the timely saves. His save on Copp on the rebound tonight for example. You can't understate the importance of that save. Shesterkin made a lot of great saves but how timely would it have been to stop the 2nd Stamkos goal? Stammer shot it into this glove and he couldn't lock it down and it's the difference in the game.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL

I said that to myself after the intensely satisfying win over the Leafs, that anything else that we might achieve would be gravy therefore I could relax and just enjoy the series that came after. Fat chance. Biting my fingernails down to the nub, pacing all over the house, unable to sleep due to agitation after a loss or adrenalin after a win. I care and I'm going to care and and I suspect you are same.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I said that to myself after the intensely satisfying win over the Leafs, that anything else that we might achieve would be gravy therefore I could relax and just enjoy the series that came after. Fat chance. Biting my fingernails down to the nub, pacing all over the house, unable to sleep due to agitation after a loss or adrenalin after a win. I care and I'm going to care and and I suspect you are same.
Yeah I went from "whew, glad we didn't give the Leafs their first round win, now I can relax" to "whew I definitely didn't want to lose to the f***ing Panthers, now whatever happens is gravy" to "f*** no, we aren't losing to this flawed rangers team, glad we proved we are legit, that's good enough" and now I'm sure I'll be hungry as f*** for the threepeat once the series actually gets going.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Who here believed that we would be the team to emerge from the ECF dogpile?!
After the 3rd period of game 2 in this series, I had a good idea we'd be fine. Then down 0-2 early in game 3 to come back and tie it pretty much confirmed it for me.

When 'Drej crept to the mic late in game 3, I was pretty certain we'd win the series. I didn't think we'd reverse sweep them though.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Btw, someone posted earlier about the Everblades. They did go on to win the Kelly Cup tonight so congrats to them.. It's a great little franchise they run down there. Cheap ticket, quality hockey, great building. And here's a little tidbit for you, I was one of the linesman for their first home game ever in 1998. The ref that night was Justin St. Pierre. (He should have stayed in "the E").

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Pretty sure that user26 was defending the Ranger guy that assualted our fan.

Again...so blessed to see history...having a midnight cooper crow snack

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
My team lost to a better, more well rounded club.

Good series boys. Pulling for you against the Avs. Bitch smack them and get that third Cup. Keep that shit in the East.

Cheers and Good Luck.

6jed31.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

we definitely are the best in the salary cap era

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Pretty sure that user26 was defending the Ranger guy that assualted our fan.

Again...so blessed to see history...having a midnight cooper crow snack
There is no defending that. And I have no doubt that if a Ranger fan was chirping in Tampa after a Win and got sucker punched by a straight up bitch, Tampa fans would have reacted the same way those Ranger fans did.

Humanity would have prevailed. Despite us rooting for different “sports” teams. Nobody likes seeing that garbage.

Sweep the Avs, please.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
There is no defending that. And I have no doubt that if a Ranger fan was chirping in Tampa after a Win and got sucker punched by a straight up bitch, Tampa fans would have reacted the same way those Ranger fans did.

Humanity would have prevailed. Despite us rooting for different “sports” teams. Nobody likes seeing that garbage.

Sweep the Avs, please.
Thank you my freind...they will give everything they have vs the avs

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Guys, whatever happens in the finals, don't take this shit for granted. The chances of us seeing a Lightning team nearly as good as this one in our lifetime is practically zero. Hell, the chances of us seeing ANY team in the league as good as this are not very high.

Like the great Andy Bernard said, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them". Well we are there right now. This is the team Tampa fans will be looking back at for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad