GDT: 6/11/22 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guys, whatever happens in the finals, don't take this shit for granted. The chances of us seeing a Lightning team nearly as good as this one in our lifetime is practically zero. Hell, the chances of us seeing ANY team in the league as good as this are not very high.

Like the great Andy Bernard said, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them". Well we are there right now. This is the team Tampa fans will be looking back at for decades.
They're the best team in pro sports. Liverpool won 35 out of 36 games and then the Lightning took right over for us.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Guys, whatever happens in the finals, don't take this shit for granted. The chances of us seeing a Lightning team nearly as good as this one in our lifetime is practically zero. Hell, the chances of us seeing ANY team in the league as good as this are not very high.

Like the great Andy Bernard said, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them". Well we are there right now. This is the team Tampa fans will be looking back at for decades.
Said the same thing last year when I knew we would lose Gourde/McD/or whoever to Seattle and others weren't resigned.

But then again here we are so f*** it! Let's get it!!!

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
I'm from Winnipeg. There's not much to watch with the Jets. But this Lightning team is something else. I've never seen a team with every player trying so hard, totally selfless, very humble. Every player blocking shots, back checking, fore checking. Every player on this team can score. Amazing. It's really nice to see such team play. Everybody is doing their job. It's pretty rare. I'll be very surprised if they don't make it 3 cups in a row. That's also pretty rare!! Go Bolts go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Man I’m so happy for Stamkos. He’s completely absolved himself of any past criticisms for not showing up in key games. Such a clutch performance.
It may just be maturity & big games becoming a regular occurrence, but developing into a clutch player is interesting.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It may just be maturity & big games becoming a regular occurrence, but developing into a clutch player is interesting.
On the CBC feed they said that Stamkos (or was it one of coaches?) came forward and said that Stamkos is now managing his emotions a lot better than in previous runs. Apparently he was nervous / felt too much pressure which no longer is the case now. Maturity indeed.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Anybody else really impressed with Nash last night? I constantly forget he's on the team but he was great.
He didn’t play much but when he did I was positively surprised each time. Denied two high clearing attempts by the Rangers (great hand eye coordination), cycled the puck well, was good on the forecheck and got pucks on net. Makes you remember that the guy had 15 goals and 41 points in 2018 with Boston.

Reactions: Hoek and DFC

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

See username

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
On the CBC feed they said that Stamkos (or was it one of coaches?) came forward and said that Stamkos is now managing his emotions a lot better than in previous runs. Apparently he was nervous / felt too much pressure which no longer is the case now. Maturity indeed.
They said that was Cooper's response when they asked him.

I know we romanticize the 60 goal season, but we are seeing peak Steven Stamkos right now.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
They said that was Cooper's response when they asked him.

I know we romanticize the 60 goal season, but we are seeing peak Steven Stamkos right now.

This is true Captain Stamkos.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Anybody else really impressed with Nash last night? I constantly forget he's on the team but he was great.
One of the beauties of a run like this is how it draws otherwise marginal players into the fight.

Regardless of how great or small his contribution, a career journeyman suddenly has a chance to be a part of history; there was no way Riley Nash was going to let himself be the reason something bad happened.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
If there was a sports psychologist involved, then they should send Kuchv there too.

Don't get me wrong, he's amazing, he's already HOFer, arguably the reason we have our two Cups and a chance at a third, but it feels like he still takes himself out of a game every now and then with angry sulking. As fantastic as he is, I think he could be a little better if he got a little help.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
If there was a sports psychologist involved, then they should send Kuchv there too.

Don't get me wrong, he's amazing, he's already HOFer, arguably the reason we have our two Cups and a chance at a third, but it feels like he still takes himself out of a game every now and then with angry sulking. As fantastic as he is, I think he could be a little better if he got a little help.
Lmao what

Angry kuch best kuch

“Why won’t these players just show no emotion whatsoever and continue in their mission like robots????”

Reactions: The Macho King

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL

With all due respect, you may be overthinking this one. Kuch's edge and moodiness is part of what makes him great. And while I don't necessarily agree with "angry Kuch best Kuch" because he can cross the line when he gets that way and really cost the team, I ultimately think that is part of the "cost of doing business" with him. The truth is that him being close to that line but not over it has paid some very nice dividends and I don't think you want to mess with that too much.

Let's hope that the experience and maturity that anyone would gain from what the Bolts have accomplished and not wanting to do anything to jeopardize it is all of the psychological help that even a guy like Kuch needs to attenuate his most negative impulses.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haven’t posted here in about 4 or 5 years now. Just wanted to say good luck to you guys in the finals. Even if Tampa was never really one of my teams, still have a soft spot for them, having Florida residence and whatnot, and likable fans. You guys are truly setting up to being a dynasty , if not there already. Take care.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
I was at a game at Amalie about six years ago and said to the guy sitting behind me that the kids don't understand the privilege of seeing a team as good as the Lightning were back then. Little did I know of the greatness that was coming. This is a special time. Enjoy and savor it.

Go Bolts!!!!

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad