GDT: 6/1/21 - 7:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #1CD Carolina [CDF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
CBJ didn't out-possess us. They let us skate around the perimeter aimlessly until we made a mistake. Which we inevitably did. This feels similar. Carolina didn't get much going in the slot until they had the goalie pulled. At which point they dominated.

Depends on which series. During the sweep we never had the puck because we were always killing another penalty

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Very clinical performance. Vasi in God mode, defense playing very well and offense taking what they are given. Very easily could've been 3 or 4 to 1 tonight. I thought Carolina would be much more aggressive tonight, but Tampa controlled the pace of that game from the start.

Reactions: Maelmoor and Hint1k

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't want to get ahead of myself but IF we win this series that'd mean we've made it into the conference finals 5 times in the last 7 years. Yeah yeah only Cup wins count and all that but that's impressive as f***. Anyone want to dig up the last time that has happened?

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I don't want to get ahead of myself but IF we win this series that'd mean we've made it into the conference finals 5 times in the last 7 years. Yeah yeah only Cup wins count and all that but that's impressive as f***. Anyone want to dig up the last time that has happened?
You hush now, ya hear?

Reactions: berlin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Carolina is overly focusing on defense and not using their speed, Tampa actually does well in these types of games where they aren't forced to make risky plays.

Reactions: berlin

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Neither teams best.
Both teams playing not to lose and given what the respective offensive capabilities of each team are it's probably not a bad strategy. Good to see that we can defend the way we have. Had my doubts coming into the post-season.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
In fairness to Carolina, they have carried the play thru 120 minutes. They're taking some heat but they took it to us prety good in the first 2 games imo. Vasilevskiy is dialed in, could you imagine the same games with Mac in net?

Can't give them any life, would like to see some more offense in game 3 for the dagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad