GDT: #6 – Bruins at Sabres – Sat Oct 18, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, FX-CA – WGR

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
But watching is good for his development, right? :laugh:

Maybe it's more about protecting him a bit? Bruins play a physical game, and to be fair Reinhart *has* been shoved around easily by far less heavy teams.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's like this. Intellectually I know it's all but impossible to go through a season without a regulation/OT win. But I'll be damned if I think they have a chance on any given night.

It's like if you rolled a 10 sided die 82 times, the odds are infinitesimal that you will get through without rolling a 0 (about 1 in 5650, to be exact :D ), but I'm sure as hell not counting on it on any individual roll.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
@JoeYerdon 20m20 minutes ago
Niklas Svedberg starts for Boston.

I'd like to know how many regular season starts Rask has made here since he became the starter. Seems like we always get the backup--for good reason--be it Khudobin, C. Johnson, or Svedberg.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Lines for Boston per morning skate:

Lucic - Krejci - Gagne
Marchand - bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Fraser

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
To be fair Chara has elite speed and acceleration. Hodgson is employing the glide and reach speed boosting technique. Not much more he can do on a play like that.
Exactly. He's drafting behind Chara at a pretty good clip.

Hoping we see a Stewart-Lucic fight.
Stewart would be wise to steer clear of that matchup. After seeing his penalty box performance against Montreal, I'd be scared stiff of Milan's powerful right hand.

I'd like to know how many regular season starts Rask has made here since he became the starter. Seems like we always get the backup--for good reason--be it Khudobin, C. Johnson, or Svedberg.
It's strange. You'd think they would have played the backup against Montreal (Tuukka is terrible against the Habs) and Rask against us to get him back on track.

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

Season 2012/13:

@BUF: Khudobin in all 3 (4:2)(1:3)(0:2)

@BOS: one each: Rask (7:4) Khudobin (3:2)

Season 2013/14:

@BUF: Johnson in all 3 (2:5)(4:2)(5:4ot)

@BOS: Rask in both (1:4)(1:4)

Answer: none.

Last edited:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I wonder if the 3rd period lines stay tonight.

Nolan had swapped Gionta and Stafford.

Mitchell/Girgs/Stafford
Foligno/Hodgson/Stewart
Moulson/Ennis/Gionta

The seemed to play a little better after that switch

I would love to see Larsson up and on Girgs' LW.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=735099

"Nolan said he’ll likely shuffle some of the lines and it looks like the defense will stay the same. That would mean Tyson Strachan and Nikita Zadorov would join Reinhart as scratches."​

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Whelp I'm going to take the plunge and watch this game until FSU/Notre Dame starts. I hope to be entertained for a period.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I wouldn't play Reinhart today either let him watch the game from a different angle. We don't need someone hitting a Bruin and them gooning it up with Sam.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
5-2 bruins and they do a whole bunch of dirty crap like nut spears and boarding then embellish a hit or 10.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
What an absolute mess of the Reinhart situation. Grigorenko 2.0 there, if you're not gonna let the kid play with good players or give him situational time on the PP he is useless up here then.

This organization has NO IDEA how to develop players. What a joke. I have no idea why more people aren't upset by this. This is not helping Sam or even Nikita at all by sitting around. Let them go play 20+ minutes in juniors if they're not gonna play here.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Allright that sounds very reasonable, never thought about it like that.Still, both players are young and need to play alot so that worries me a bit. There is a better place for that discussion though so I wont go more OT.

Thank you for a good answer! :)

That is basically what Nolan said in a press conference a few days back.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I just don't know why Zadorov hasn't gotten ONE GAME in. Like really? Not against Carolina? Florida?

You can sit Benoit one ****ing night Teddy.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe I'm blacked-out from watching Boston @ Buffalo in Canada.

I absolutely despise you Rogers.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Lines for #Sabres tonight:
Moulson-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart
Mitchell-Girgensons-Stafford
Deslauriers-Flynn-McCormick

#Sabres defense pairings:
Gorges-Myers
Weber-Meszaros
Benoit-Ristolainen #BOSvsBUF

Enroth in goal for #Sabres, Svedberg makes his 3rd career @NHL start for the #Bruins. #BOSvsBUF

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00