5th-Place GDT 1/4 • United States 3, Czech Republic 2 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's not even fair to score a goal like that.

Harbourmouth

Apr 15, 2007
I'm not going to harp on this too much because he scored and it was a beautiful goal, but these type of "look at me goals" and showboating are the reason the US are in the 5th place game instead of in the medal round where they belong. Imagine if he hadn't have scored that, and the Czech's raced down the ice and scored. You don't experiment with moves like that in overtime. Shows where the US team's head is at. I guess you can blame that on the coach and Hockey USA.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm not going to harp on this too much because he scored and it was a beautiful goal, but these type of "look at me goals" and showboating are the reason the US are in the 5th place game instead of in the medal round where they belong. Imagine if he hadn't have scored that, and the Czech's raced down the ice and scored. You don't experiment with moves like that in overtime. Shows where the US team's head is at. I guess you can blame that on the coach and Hockey USA.

Exactly. You shoot right into the goalie's pads in that situation, pray you win the faceoff, pray the pointman gets his shot through, and then pray you can pounce on the rebound and stuff it in.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
You don't experiment with moves like that in overtime.

It was the sort of move you'd try in a 5th place game. I couldn't see many people trying it in the Gold Medal match. There wasn't much to lose however - he would have looked stupid if he had missed, but who's going to see a 5th place game apart from those of us who were there anyway? He was alone up front, so if he had missed, the game would have just gone on.

bney7

Jan 4, 2008

lol . . . right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad