Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft - PART II

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Regarding our 5th overall pick...someone made a good point on the prospects page:

He compared Rossi to Perfetti. Rossi scored more than Perfetti against bad teams and Perfetti scored more against good teams. However, Perfetti got scored on a lot more against the good teams.

When facing the best teams, Rossi prioritized defense. I thought that was an interesting observation.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Regarding our 5th overall pick...someone made a good point on the prospects page:

He compared Rossi to Perfetti. Rossi scored more than Perfetti against bad teams and Perfetti scored more against good teams. However, Perfetti got scored on a lot more against the good teams.

When facing the best teams, Rossi prioritized defense. I thought that was an interesting observation.

It's a valid observation for sure.

It'd be interesting to see a Corsi or Fenwick breakdown of these splits. For both players.

Does Rossi make the game less eventful but still tilted his way against the good teams? Or does he just sit back and get hemmed in more?

Does Perfetti just play high event hockey and thus gets scored on a lot against skilled teams?

I imagine some scouts have been down this road in order to try to rank these players.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Very valid mostly not considered point

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Let's just pass on both and take one of Raymond, Drysdale or Sanderson

:)

R2010

May 23, 2011
Very valid mostly not considered point

Would love to see someone dive into that. If Rossi's goal/shot differential is better than Perfetti against good teams but just lower event then it might change the narrative a bit about the good team / bad team discussion.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would love to see someone dive into that. If Rossi's goal/shot differential is better than Perfetti against good teams but just lower event then it might change the narrative a bit about the good team / bad team discussion.
@OgeeOgelthorpe did a breakdown in the Rossi thread. I think he has a background scouting prospects in the OHL.

Reactions: R2010

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
cant see him sliding past Detroit - with the play of Makar, Hughes, Hesikenan the elite skating puck moving D won’t slide at the draft.

1. Laf
2. Stuz
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale
5. Raymond / Perfetti
The players you listed have elite offensive skills, Drysdale won’t be anywhere near that offensively, although he projects as a better derfender than Hughes IMO.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
cant see him sliding past Detroit - with the play of Makar, Hughes, Hesikenan the elite skating puck moving D won’t slide at the draft.

1. Laf
2. Stuz
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale
5. Raymond / Perfetti

I could see Stevie go a little off the board for Askarov as well.
Lots of options there. I think they go with a F. Perfetti, Raymond or Rossi. Raymond has a good 2 way game , and is very smart. They need help at C behind Larkin. Its possible Raymomd could convert to a C as well. Rossi is a C and Perfetti has time at C.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I could see Stevie go a little off the board for Askarov as well.
Lots of options there. I think they go with a F. Perfetti, Raymond or Rossi. Raymond has a good 2 way game , and is very smart. They need help at C behind Larkin. Its possible Raymomd could convert to a C as well. Rossi is a C and Perfetti has time at C.
My preference has been Raymond then Perfetti for a while now. There were rumours a while ago before the lottery that Detroit loved Stutzle. A dream scenario for me is Detroit moves to 2 and takes Stutzle leaving us Byfield and LA jumps on Drysdale leaving us Raymond.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Drysdale can play either side.
Which side has he been playing on and prefer? I’m sure he “can” play left, everyone can play their offside at that level, but he’s a right side D, and if he’s playing his left side he’s not going to have the the same impact he does on the right.

If we draft him it’s to play the right side

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad