5th Greatest all time

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
I more or less agree with the bolded. That being said, it does show that the "Jagr didn't lead his teams anywhere" narrative is quite unfair to Jagr. When his teams were +32 when he was on the ice and -48 when he was off...

That was speculation by Panther and it's unclear whether he's talking about regular season or playoffs. It's not true at all on a regular season basis and it's not true vs. Orr either in the playoffs. McDavid's playoff sample size is much too small to be reliable, we can compare him to Espo and others when he has 10-12+ series under his belt.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Like the many candidates for #5 player, there are many candidates for best/greatest goalscorer, none that clearly stand out like the Big 4 does vs. everyone else.

But a high best/greatest goalscorer ranking does not automatically place you equal or above your all-time peers. IMO, OV is comfortably a Top 20 player, Hull is comfortably a #5 candidate based on the clear edge in his "less unbalanced" offensive resume. I.e. Bobby Hull was Bobby Hull for a longer time than OV was Bobby Hull.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He played 27 matches in 79-80 and scored 6 goals. It's quite optimistic to think he'd be scoring 50 goals every year had he stayed in the NHL.
Lmao, Hull was like 40 then, he scored over 300 goals in the WHA, to go on top of over 600 in the NHL.
Goalies were scared of his shot.

Overrated

Jan 16, 2018
Lmao, Hull was like 40 then, he scored over 300 goals in the WHA, to go on top of over 600 in the NHL.
Goalies were scared of his shot.
I am aware of that. All I said was that if he continued in the NHL he would score less than in the WHA. In fact his highest scoring year was in the WHA at like 36. None of his peers like Mikita or Hadfield who stayed in the NHL continued to put up numbers that high throughout their mid to late 30s. Had he stayed in the NHL he would have likely scored like 200 more goals so he'd end up with around 800 for the career.

Reactions: Czech Your Math

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad