Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Wiley Sherman is not a good hockey player. I had high hopes for him at one point but he's 6-foot-6 and 24 and getting outmuscled by guys half his size. Guy was wise to finish that Harvard degree.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We'll see. There are some players that have a game that suits NHL players more than playing with prospects, Studnicka to me is one of those players. Like Bergeron back in the day

while I do agree there are some whose game may seem pedestrian at a lesser level but look comfortable playing alongside NHL`ers, I`m not so sure this will apply to Studnicka immediately. His size alone watching him in some of those clips I saw during the Bruins fan thing this summer tells me he`ll need to bulk up before reaching an ideal NHL weight

I`ve not been nearly as fortunate as many here to have seen him play much (maybe a half dozen times max) and while I`m really liking all I hear about the kid, don`t push him too soon, allow him to develop his game first is always my way of doing things

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Bastien and Sherman drop the gloves. Sherman plastered Hughes and Bastien went after him with 3 cross checks. Sherman gets up and drops the gloves. Good scrap.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Wiley Sherman is not a good hockey player. I had high hopes for him at one point but he's 6-foot-6 and 24 and getting outmuscled by guys half his size. Guy was wise to finish that Harvard degree.
Props for answering the call.

The Devils player really didn’t know what he was getting into LOL

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bastien and Sherman drop the gloves. Sherman plastered Hughes and Bastien went after him with 3 cross checks. Sherman gets up and drops the gloves. Good scrap.

good for Sherman, guessing this is likely his first ever scrap seeing as they don`t drop em at the NCAA level?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
decent fight- Sherman has solid fighting skills, good balance

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Vaakanienen looks quick- really like him. This could be a home run pick (I didn't like it so that's a great sign)….Studnicka has a good stick, finds open guy. Can't wait to see Providence games early on- Bruins WILL hit on one or both of Steen or Lauko. Lauko comes across to me he has not a second thought he's not making the NHL.
Vaakanainen the best player on the ice

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI

It wasn't Sherman who checked Hughes into the boards/ref. Sherman is wearing #84, the player who hit Hughes is wearing #66 or #86.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Vaak stripped Hughes so hard at the start of that PK. Then Hughes knocked down on a fair play then some NJ clown cheapshots the Bruin, who I think was Steen. Credit to Sherman, who I just ripped, for coming in and fighting.

Reactions: Alicat

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It wasn't Sherman who checked Hughes into the boards/ref. Sherman is wearing #84, the player who hit Hughes is wearing #86.

Sherman was in the area and Bastien immediately went after him, are you sure? Would be funny if Bastien had the wrong guy the whole time.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Devils PP at end of the game. Pull their goaltender for the 2 man adv.

Larsson scores with 8.1 seconds left. Had nothing on the PP then one shot get directed in.

Off to OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad