59th Overall - Samuel Helenius

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This is apparently good for 25 minutes in Finland. Hope to see more of these clean hits in an LA sweater:

That 5+20 penalty was a one f***ing joke and THE HIT WAS CLEAN.
It's not Helenius fault if a pylon like Seppala can't see hit coming or even take it like a man.

Referees also shit in their pants because smaller player got ''injured''.
This what you see in the video is the reason why i'm not attended any SM liiga games last 5-7 yrs.

SM liiga is doing their best to eliminate all hits and physical elements of the game of hockey.
Hopefully NHL won't do same mistake what SM liiga is doing right now.

Yes a´it's right thing to penalize all those hits which are clearly dangerous
and risk of career ending injury is high but hits like this belong to the game.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Deserved to be hit for wearing a uniform worse than a NASCAR driver.

That's typical for SM liiga.
SM liiga has clearly started a campaign to turn hockey for figure skating
trying remove all hits and physical elements of the game.

SM liiga referees shit very easily in their pants every time
when they see blood on the ice or physically weak smaller player
gets injured when bigger and stronger player gives hard but clean hit.

That Helenius 5+20 for playing physical hockey
is a modern example of that how lousy hockey series SM liiga is.

That what you see on the video of Helenius's hit to Seppala
is a reason for that why i'm not attended any SM liiga games last 5-7 yrs.

NCAA Hockey rules

Jul 1, 2021
In your home town Espoo, there has not been any SM League teams in 5-7 years as far as I understood your problem. Is there some better Hockey in Finland? Have you followed any junior Hockey in Finland?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That's typical for SM liiga.
SM liiga has clearly started a campaign to turn hockey for figure skating
trying remove all hits and physical elements of the game.

SM liiga referees shit very easily in their pants every time
when they see blood on the ice or physically weak smaller player
gets injured when bigger and stronger player gives hard but clean hit.

That Helenius 5+20 for playing physical hockey
is a modern example of that how lousy hockey series SM liiga is.

That what you see on the video of Helenius's hit to Seppala
is a reason for that why i'm not attended any SM liiga games last 5-7 yrs.
Yes, 5 + 20 for being much bigger and stronger than the player Helenius destroyed.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Just a bad call, end of. In IIHF as soon as it’s a major it’s a game/match penalty which automatically comes with the +20 minutes in penalty minutes.

Watching him skate his top speed looks ok, it’s just those 2-3 initial strides that are slow and he struggles to create separation. That is very easily fixed though, as he gets stronger he will get the explosive strength that he’s needs there. I quite liked what I saw in the video footage, there is plenty to work with there.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Sami Helenius Reflects on Son, Samuel, Being Drafted by LA Kings

“My feelings about Kings are great,” Helenius beamed. “They won the [Stanley] Cup twice a few years back and are now rebuilding a winning team. I am honored that Samuel fits their vision about winning players and I really hope that someday Samuel wears a Kings jersey.

“During the draft, he was playing Summer showcase in Plymouth [Michigan] with Finland U20 team, but he messaged his girlfriend [when the Kings drafted him], telling her that he is relieved and really excited.”

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
With proper and continuous training his skating will improve, especially those first two steps which he struggles with right now. Getting this kid in the gym is going to be very important.
Man, he is a meany! I like it!!!

Reactions: andys and Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol was that Bordeleau that totally slew footed Helenius to get out of the headlock? It didn't work.

I'm pretty sure it was :laugh:

Love him manhandling Coronato until he tapped out and then Bordeleau with the slew foot ALSO had to tap out :laugh:

Bordelau seems to be a player, good for SJ. But I'm also happy Helenius is already showing him who his father is

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Sami Helenius Reflects on Son, Samuel, Being Drafted by LA Kings

“My feelings about Kings are great,” Helenius beamed. “They won the [Stanley] Cup twice a few years back and are now rebuilding a winning team. I am honored that Samuel fits their vision about winning players and I really hope that someday Samuel wears a Kings jersey.

“During the draft, he was playing Summer showcase in Plymouth [Michigan] with Finland U20 team, but he messaged his girlfriend [when the Kings drafted him], telling her that he is relieved and really excited.”

I just looked up Sami Helenius.. Man, in his final season in SM Liiga he had 172 penalty minutes in 34 games with Lahden Pelicans. Did he get thrown out of every third game or what the hell was going on?

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I love how there is nothing on “LA Kings ‘Insider’”. They need to rebadge it if it’s not going to be the primary outlet for news.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Does this mean he's coming over to play in the AHL?

E: Just read an interview where he said he's planning on playing 1 more year here in Finland

It gives the Kings flexibility. For example, the Euro leagues start sooner, so theybend sooner. They can assign him to Ontario once his season overseas concludes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad