OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I loved CoD 2 when it came out, but I went in Modern Warfare for a while and there is this part where you have to lie still on the ground as troops pass around you. I ragequit that **** after getting killed about a million times in a row. I can't do stealth ever in any game.

Oh those lovely ubiquitous stealth crawls. Every game HAD to have one. :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I loved CoD 2 when it came out, but I went in Modern Warfare for a while and there is this part where you have to lie still on the ground as troops pass around you. I ragequit that **** after getting killed about a million times in a row. I can't do stealth ever in any game.
All Ghillied Up!

CoD4 and MW2 are the best.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I actually like AW, but the supply drops were what dragged the game down. I actually got lucky within the first couple weeks I got the ASM1 Speakeasy and BAL Obsedian Steed arguably the two best supply drop guns in the game. Hated BO3 and IW. My favorite was black ops 1 and MW3

It seems like they got supply drops right in the game where they just give up extra XP instead of gun advantages

Reactions: Amorgus

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Ugh, COD4 was so so so good. I played more COD4 than the other COD's combined, although I haven't played any of the last 4 or so (haven't turned on my Xbox in over 3 years)

I had at least ~16 days played on cod4, back to my middle school video game playing days, sigh

Reactions: SnS and Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thats an incredibly popular mission. People LOVE it.

You're the only person I've ever seen dislike it. :laugh:

The part where you lie in the grass and get stabbed and shot to death repeatedly? I'm happy to be on an island in hating it. This reminds me of when Bon Jovi first came out and everyone was like "Hurr Durr!" I told them that they sucked the ass of the universe, but no one listened to me.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The part where you lie in the grass and get stabbed and shot to death repeatedly? I'm happy to be on an island in hating it. This reminds me of when Bon Jovi first came out and everyone was like "Hurr Durr!" I told them that they sucked the ass of the universe, but no one listened to me.
Most people make it past that part. ;)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Most people make it past that part. ;)

I kind of figured as much lol I don't have the patience to figure it out. I was so enraged after the first couple dozen times I died that I didn't even go online and look for a walkthrough. You should have heard the things I called my television. Really, really extra nasty cursing.

Reactions: Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Of all the times I played that part I don't think I died once...

Well, that's insane. I was just ****ing lying on the ground, and I died. Then I squirmed, and I died. I tried every ****ing diagonal and perpendicular and geometric position possible, and I died. I went fetal, and I died.

Reactions: Jray42

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Well, that's insane. I was just ****ing lying on the ground, and I died. Then I squirmed, and I died. I tried every ****ing diagonal and perpendicular and geometric position possible, and I died. I went fetal, and I died.
Actually now that I think of it, I never played on the absolute hardest level (usually played on whatever the 2nd hardest level was, is that medium or something?) so maybe that's the difference :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Actually now that I think of it, I never played on the absolute hardest level (usually played on whatever the 2nd hardest level was, is that medium or something?) so maybe that's the difference :laugh:

It definitely isn't that :laugh: The next game I play on anything above the easiest level will be the first.

Reactions: Jray42

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
My first year as gm of the Flyers on EHM was a failure. 36-39-7 record, Giroux lead the team in points with 68. Lindblom was a highlight with 59 points in 75 games. Penalty kill was 4th best in the league. The real killer was our goalies neither of which were over .880 save percentage and our 11 percent powerplay.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I liked Battlefield 1 significantly more than CodWWII. The latter is just kind of boring and unexciting. And a minor thing is the sound design is absolutely garbage. It's totally silent. Bland map designs don't really wow me either. I've been out of the loop since Black Ops 2 -- and I did enjoy the series until then -- but I wouldn't be missing anything not playing WWII.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So I've never bought anything on Black Friday before. But Thursday evening after thanksgiving the girlfriend (officially became that last night) and I went to watch Coco and I saw a store open.

I got my brother a bitching Blazer that was 60% off but still 175 dollars, and it got stolen out of the car while we were watching the movie haha.

And I will never go black friday shopping again haha

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm happy they're back to boots-on-the-ground, but I'm already bored of WWII too. Half the maps are trash, the guns feel inconsistent, the streaks are boring, they stupidly messed with the perk system, and they tuned the guns so there's certain attachments that are basically required, otherwise you're at a severe disadvantage. I just have no desire to play it and have already gone back to CounterStrike.

I loved all of the games from CoD4 up until they started the jetpack garbage. But even then, I did like BO3, so I have very high hopes for next year.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Given that I don't give much of a crap about video game storylines (most of them suck anyways). I never really played MW but MW2, MW3, and Black Ops were all solid FPS shooters. I'm thinking of buying an xbox 1 just to play WW2 with a buddy of mine online.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm on the longest 4 hour drive of my life. My brother passed away this afternoon at the Cleveland Clinic and now we have to drive home to my mom and his kids. Don't take anyone you care about for granted because they could be gone minutes after you talked to them. Now I'll have to watch hockey alone and I don't know if I can do it without his love of the sport keeping me from giving up on the Flyers shitshow a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad