GDT: #59: Winnipeg Jets @ Atlanta Thrashers

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
2 points would have been nice - and **** you nhl for making us fly from canada to denver to play a back to back - go home you're drunk

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Vermette is Mr. Clutch. I was expecting him to score. Then I was thinking don't pick Ribeiro....then in comes Ribeiro

Aside from this season, Ribeiro has always been money in the shootout, (especially when he played us :laugh:) so hopefully can start potting them again soon.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coyotes-bench-Feb-27-2014-300x200.jpg

Yotes audio: Coach Tippett & Mike Smith.

To listen click here.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I drove to Winnipeg for the game tonight. It was a pretty even game all the way but I was surprised Bissonette didn't play. They roughed up OEL all night. They are a tough team and to not have someone on the ice to police it didn't seem too smart to me. I hope the NHL reviews that Thorburn hit on OEL. It looked pretty bad.

Doan looked awesome tonight. I think the Rocky Mountain fever has passed.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
@azc_mclellan: “There’s certainly some positive things for our group to build on there,” Tippett said.

Doesnt he say that after EVERY GAME!?! Show some results instead.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We lack grit. We were out-physicaled and allow way too many players to set up right along the crease.

I don't understand how Yandle works. There is not one reason to attempt that drop pass, given where the forward is at. If this game was a representation of how he might have played in Sochi, then Team USA was absolutely correct in leaving him off.

Defenders are not adjusting properly to the speed that our opponent is bringing the puck in.

We played much better defensively in the 3rd, but this still looks like a team that is not playing cohesively for an entire 60.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We lack grit. We were out-physicaled and allow way too many players to set up right along the crease.

I don't understand how Yandle works. There is not one reason to attempt that drop pass, given where the forward is at. If this game was a representation of how he might have played in Sochi, then Team USA was absolutely correct in leaving him off.

Defenders are not adjusting properly to the speed that our opponent is bringing the puck in.

We played much better defensively in the 3rd, but this still looks like a team that is not playing cohesively for an entire 60.

We had more shots and more hits, pretty even game. Both goalies played really well. One mistake by Z, his worst of the year, cost us. We earned a point on the road, happy with that. Our PP could have been better, was a bit rusty, other then that our play was fine...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This group doesn't have the balls to be a playoff team.

Smith gets run all night, and we cry and whine to the refs. Anyone make Pavelec's life any harder as a response? Nope. Don't think there was a coyote skate in the crease the entire game.

Klinkhammer comes out like King Kong, gets beat up by Bogosian and our physical play completely disappears for the rest of the game.

Trouba goes after Yandle and Morris just watches.

OEL gets cheapshotted (AGAIN!) and nobody does a goddamned thing (AGAIN!). How do we respond on the resulting power play? We get completely run over by an aggressive PK that gets more good chances on Smith than our passive PP gets on Pavelec.

This group is soft and weak. We need a heart transplant in the worst way.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
While I understand that we might be upset about the no call on Smith that lead to a goal early on, I'm still pissed off at Smith. I'm sick and tired of his ******** antics when someone bumps into him. I'm assuming opposing teams do it on purpose because he cries like a little ***** when it happens. I blame the players in front of Smith for not standing up enough to the opposition when something happens. But the fact that Smith was trying to punch the Jets player in the head instead of saying alright, I got hit, big ****in deal, I still have to stop the puck since play hasn't stopped.

He is gaining a reputation that isn't good for us. He won't be getting calls because he flops, he whines. Stand in net and stop the ****in puck.

/end rant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad