GDT: #59: Winnipeg Jets @ Atlanta Thrashers

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
4P. PHOENIX COYOTES (27-21-10) @ 6C. WINNIPEG JETS (28-26-6)

Game 59 @ MTS Center in Winnipeg, MB
First puck drop at 6pm

MTS_CENTRE_b.jpg

NEXT BEST THING TO A 29 HOUR ROAD TRIP
FOX SPORTS--ARIZONA
AZ SPORTS 98.7 FM

STATS | JETS | YOTES
LAST 10 | 6-3-1 | 4-5-1
POWER PLAY | 14.4% | 20.4%
PENALTY KILL | 84.3% | 80.3%
GOALS/GAME | 2.72 | 2.74
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 2.83 | 2.84
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 45.7% | 52.0%
SHOTS/GAME | 30.9 | 31.6
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 30.2 | 32.1

NOTE: Lines are subject to change and are a complete guess until @azc_mclellan and @WiebeSunSports set us straight.

:jets WINNIPEG JETS :jets
16 Andrew Ladd (C) - 18 Bryan Little - 67 Michael Frolik
9 Evander Kane - 55 Mark Scheifele - 26 Blake Wheeler
40 Devin Setoguchi - 12 Olli Jokinen (A) - 33 Dustin Byfuglien
22 Chris Thorburn - 19 Jim Slater - 17 James Wright

39 Tobias Enstrom - 44 Zach Bogosian
5 Mark Stuart (A) - 8 Jacob Trouba
2 Adam Pardy - 7 Keaton Ellerby

31 Ondrej Pavelec
35 Al Montoya

Press box: D Paul Postma, F Tony Peluso
Sick call: F Matt Halischuk, D Grant Clitsome

:coyotes PHOENIX COYOTES :coyotes

28 Lauri Korpikoski - 50 Antoine Vermette - 89 Mikkel Boedker
36 Rob Klinkhammer - 11 Martin Hanzal (A) - 17 Radim Vrbata
38 Brandon McMillan - 63 Mike Ribeiro - 19 Shane Doan (C)
24 Kyle Chipchura - 14 Jeff Halpern - 18 Dave Moss

23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 4 Zbynek Michalek
3 Keith Yandle (A) - 53 Derek Morris
6 David Schlemko - 26 Michael Stone

41 Pizza Goalie
1 Vanilla Greiss

Press box: D Chris Summers, F Paul Bissonnette
Finally NOT in the press box: D David Rundblad

AND NOW, A TACTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE WORLD'S 5 GREATEST ANTI-JET WEAPONS …

5. SA-2 GUIDELINE

The oldest SAM still widely employed throughout the Third World, this Soviet-built system scored the first ever surface-to-air missile kill, when it downed CIA pilot Francis Gary Powers in his U-2 spy plane in 1960.

sa2-aerospaceweb-org.jpg

4. MIM-104 PATRIOT
The centerpiece of the US Army's air defense capability, it is primarily employed against SCUD-type ballistic missiles. However, it is extremely capable against helicopters and jet aircraft, or (in proper air defense lingo) "air-breathing targets."

Patriot_missile_launch_b.jpg

3. ZSU-23-4
This short-range anti-aircraft gun is called a "Zeus" by most troops but a "HOLY ****, IT'S A ****ING ZEUS!" by low-flying helicopter pilots unlucky enough to be caught in its crosshairs. This highly-mobile system aims its 4x 23 millimeter gun barrels with the help of a target tracking radar (the round bit up on top), but can also be used as an anti-personnel / anti-armor weapon.

ZSU-23-4P-Shilka-1S.jpg

2. AIM-120 AMRAAM
The "Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile" is the US and NATO standard radar-guided missile for all fighter jets. Possessing an active radar seeker which provides a unique "launch-and-leave" capability, the AMRAAM is responsible for 9 aircraft kills and thousands of sleepless nights among Russian, Chinese, Iranian and North Korean pilots. FOX-3!!!

aim-120-readyfox.jpg

1. Mike Smith
U mad bro? This lightning rod of a goaltender recently returned from the Sochi Olympics with a gold medal in hand, a claim no Winnipeg Jet can match. Four WPG players went to Sochi and returned with a grand total of 1 medal, a fact made even more depressing by the thought of leaving warm, sunny Sochi and returning to Winnipeg, where the current temperature is a balmy -23 degrees.

picture.php

"I'm Blake Wheeler, I still don't have an Olympic medal and I have to spend my winters in Winnipeg, but I still approve this GDT!"

:(

Sochi_Olympics_Ice_Hockey_Men-01b27.jpg

Last edited:

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Tip says everyone is available tomorrow so I'd guess DeMo plays. Likely puts Summers in the pressbox, would love to see him get in over Schlem/Stone though and see how he does.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I love that Coyotes hockey is back. I can returned to my regularly scheduled evenings after work. What's going on with Gormley? Is he up and playing, or was that something that is going to happen later on?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jim Slater in, Peluso out. Wright will play wing.

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 4m

Looks like Paul Maurice had a change of heart about lineup. Jim Slater between Chris Thorburn and James Wright on fourth line #NHLJets

PS good luck Yotes fans!

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Im betting this will be a low showing game... and we'll lose.

You know, i said USA wouldn't medal.. and it had more to do than one or two players not being on the team.

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong... and we actually win in Peg for once.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Lines per McLellan:

Korpi - Vermette - Boeds
Klink - Hanzal - Vrby
McMillan - Ribs - Doan
Chip - Halpern - Moss

OEL - Z
Yands - Demo
Schlem - Stone

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Im betting this will be a low showing game... and we'll lose.

You know, i said USA wouldn't medal.. and it had more to do than one or two players not being on the team.

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong... and we actually win in Peg for once.

I've already watched two NHL games since the end of the break (both of them last night - DET @ MTL and STL @ VAN). The best way for me to describe the way they've looked is "hung over". Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same tonight.

Lines per McLellan:

Korpi - Vermette - Boeds
Klink - Hanzal - Vrby
McMillan - Ribs - Doan
Chip - Halpern - Moss

OEL - Z
Yands - Demo
Schlem - Stone

Looks interesting. Still wish Stone would just go away though. McMillan had better be wearing the number 42. :P

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I've already watched two NHL games since the end of the break (both of them last night - DET @ MTL and STL @ VAN). The best way for me to describe the way they've looked is "hung over". Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same tonight.

I watched the other two games last night. Buffalo actually looked good, but this was already their second game. The L.A/COL game was interesting. The AV's PP is dangerous, and they are going to be playing pissed on Friday. Also, all four teams had their backups in.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
The Jets outwork us every time we play, so I'm guessing that happens again and we lose.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Korpi - Vermette - Boeds
Klink - Hanzal - Vrby
McMillan - Ribs - Doan
Chip - Halpern - Moss

OEL - Z
Yands - Demo
Schlem - Stone
Makes sense ... I'm betting all 3 medalists start the game, and all McMillan has to do on that line is hustle his ass off.

Evander Kane looks like he's playing his first game back after injury tonight ... gotta keep tabs on him. I have no idea who Mark Scheifele is, but that 2nd line still looks scary!

Go Yotes Go!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tip says everyone is available tomorrow so I'd guess DeMo plays. Likely puts Summers in the pressbox, would love to see him get in over Schlem/Stone though and see how he does.

Why would anyone want Summers over Schlemko or Stone? He had a look see last year and was not impressive. Mind you that was last year, but he sure has not impressed me when he did play.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Why would anyone want Summers over Schlemko or Stone? He had a look see last year and was not impressive. Mind you that was last year, but he sure has not impressed me when he did play.

Because Schlem and Stone are equally unimpressive. Summers is hitting last chance territory which could spur him on to perform better than what we've seen in previous call ups.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Oh yeah, just got an offer from the interview I had yesterday.

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread. Only thing that would make this hockey related is if the Coyotes got a win in honor of my achievement. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad