Post-Game Talk: #59 | Penguins at Flyers | February 25, 2024 | Loss 7-6

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
1-4 in the last 5. 3 brutal losses to our 3 biggest rivals.
Go back weeks and even months. I have stressed the East vs. West records. And today's opponent isn't a good team. It is nice to kick the crap out of the West but unless they beat the Rangers (not plaudits like yesterday), Bruins or Leafs for starters, this feel-good has limits.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What does everyone think Rocky is like to be around?

I'm thinking he speaks in tropes, but gets them all slightly wrong. "Did you know Eraserhead was actually the name of the doctor?" Things of that nature.
I think he’s the kind of guy that looks like he’s working really hard because he has absolutely no clue what he’s actually doing.

The results reflect that so I think it’s plausible.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
What does everyone think Rocky is like to be around?

I'm thinking he speaks in tropes, but gets them all slightly wrong. "Did you know Eraserhead was actually the name of the doctor?" Things of that nature.
i feel like he is like you go shopping and you ask if there is any of a product you want in the back and the clerk says let me go check and never returns

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
are you positive?
While the rest of the world was watching the abomination that is called a Super Bowl -- I truly thought it was the following Sunday but wouldn't have watched anyway -- I came across a My Cousin Vinny rerun.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think he’s the kind of guy that looks like he’s working really hard because he has absolutely no clue what he’s actually doing.

The results reflect that so I think it’s plausible.

I remember a time a Colonel with JTF-NCR called to ask me a question and I didn't have an answer. I told him if he gave me twenty minutes I'd find out. He whispered back "no. No please don't do extra work. I'm just trying to look busy here. Let's pretend you know" and we talked for a while.

I figure he does something similar. Tortorella or DB walk in and he starts writing Xs and Os with lines. On the table, wall, floor, whatever is at hand. Does it have a purpose? No. But it looks busy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad