GDT: #59 | FLYERS at Rangers | Sun., Feb. 18 2018, 12:00 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Beautiful game start, 6pm, and I will spend half the game on the train again. What an idiot

giphy.webp

Sorry I missed your post, where do you live as well?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Carzy respect for all the abroad Flyers fans, I hate to admit I get all grumpy when the games start at 10pm here, now I feel like a douche because you guys are up late or up early to watch, still it’s pretty awesome though and you guys are cooler than me!!!

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Prague, CZE here. :)
3am in Australia for me.

Who needs sleep though, am I right?

Go Flyers!
3am in Australia for me.

Who needs sleep though, am I right?

Go Flyers!

So cool. I live in Roma, from an Italian family, grew up in NJ, moved back here for work. Funny actually, but my Grandma is from Slovakia, so I have ties to Bratislava as well.

As for watching games, I've had NHL.tv or whatever the hell its called now for the last 5 years, absolutely love it, and my wifi is pretty decent. 7pm starts (1am here), I can normally make it through the games, but those west coast road trips...10pm starts....no chance in hell lol. I think the only Eagles game I missed this year was the Christmas game vs the Raiders, I was passed out!

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Carzy respect for all the abroad Flyers fans, I hate to admit I get all grumpy when the games start at 10pm here, now I feel like a *****e because you guys are up late or up early to watch, still it’s pretty awesome though and you guys are cooler than me!!!

Haha, thank you! But we're all just fans in love with this team, we all want these 2 very important points today!

Reactions: SnS and Provocop

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
I can't bring myself to sit around on a weekend afternoon watching a game. My go to plan for these ones is to set the dvr, go do something for the day, avoid social media or anywhere that may have results, and then watch the game in the early evening. Works for me!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Noon means i get to watch the game at 17:00.

Great for us brits. Watching the flyers at 1 2 or 3 in the morning does suck at times

Worst thing about moving back to mainland Europe in a couple of weeks... that extra hour is a killer.

Almost forgot how much so, like in UK can often just stay up and still get 5 hours sleep, which is kind of ok. But when used to be in NL and soon Denmark... 4 hours is just too little sleep. Have to hit the hay early and get an extra couple of hours then wake up for the game.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Worst thing about moving back to mainland Europe in a couple of weeks... that extra hour is a killer.

Almost forgot how much so, like in UK can often just stay up and still get 5 hours sleep, which is kind of ok. But when used to be in NL and soon Denmark... 4 hours is just too little sleep. Have to hit the hay early and get an extra couple of hours then wake up for the game.

How are you going to watch - NHL.tv?

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly

That extra hour is a killer. I can't even describe how great starts at midnight would be vs 1am.

Have you lived in Denmark before? I really want to go to the world championships in May!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That extra hour is a killer. I can't even describe how great starts at midnight would be vs 1am.

Have you lived in Denmark before? I really want to go to the world championships in May!

Nope. Only ever lived in the UK and Netherlands...

Yeh, I will be there for quite a lot of the World Champs, well, the Copenhagen games anyway.

Hopefully Sushko is there!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Love the GDT's and appreciate the work that goes along with making them. Just a suggestion, but I liked when the Flyers all-time record vs each team was included. I'm a fan either way!

Not to beat the proverbial horse but here is an example just issued which shows an irregularity I mentioned earlier in the thread with all-time records. This is on NHL.com from the media notes provided by the Rangers today. And this isn't an isolated issue from what I have seen in recent years. Chaos caused in part because of the OT/SO games and the leftovers from the "ties" days.

RANGERS LIFETIME VS FLYERS
All-Time: 131-114-37-8
69-49-23-4 at home;
62-65-14-4 on the road

FLYERS LIFETIME VS. NYR
Home: 145 GP, 69-56-14-6, 158 pts (.545)
Road: 144 GP, 53-65-23-3, 132 pts (.458)
Total: 289 GP, 121-122-37-9, 290 pts (.502)

Start with the 290 GP (131-114-37-8) compared to 289 GP (121-122-37-9). Obviously, both can't be correct. Perhaps one entry lacks the game from earlier this year but unless it is caught, that manifests over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad