GDT: #59 | FLYERS at Rangers | Sun., Feb. 18 2018, 12:00 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NEW YORK RANGERS (27-27-5) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (29-19-10)

qI2lyAD.jpg
th

Philadelphia+Flyers+v+New+York+Rangers+U1kEqNZhiDhl.jpg
BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: NBC, TVAS
NBC:
Mike Emrick (play-by-play),
Eddie Olczyk (analyst),
Joe Micheletti (‘Inside-the-Glass’ analyst) .
Rob Carlin will anchor pre-game and intermission coverage.​
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%PIM
Rangers5927-27-55918-10-39-17-216618020.882.350.4.912470
Flyers5829-19-106814-9-615-10-417016321.575.052.9.907515
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
93 Jakub Voracek - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
40 Jordan Weal - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl
15 Jori Lehtera - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise​
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hagg - 47 Andrew McDonald
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas​
Goalies
30 Michel Neuvirth - 49 Alex Lyon​

Injuries and Scratches

20 Taylor Leier could be a healthy scratch
37 Brian Elliott could be out 5-to-6 weeks from Feb. 13. He underwent successful core muscle surgery.
39 Mark Alt could be a healthy scratch
Power Play Units
1. Wayne Simmonds - Sean Couturier - Jake Voracek - Claude Giroux - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Jordan Weal - Nolan Patrick -Valtteri Filppula - Travis Konecny - Ivan Provorov​

MEDIA CONTACTS

Courier-Post of South Jersey
HockeyBuzz.com
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
John Boruk's Twitter -- John Boruk (@johnborukNBCS) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philly.com Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter
Sons of Penn

NEW YORK RANGERS

th
Possible Lineup
Lines

61 Rick Nash - 93 Mika Zibanejad - 36 Mats Zuccarello
40 Michael Grabner - 10 J.T. Miller - 89 Pavel Buchnevich
26 Jimmy Vesey - 51 David Desharnais - 17 Jesper Fast
13 Kevin Hayes - 12 Peter Holland - 28 Paul Carey
Pairings
76 Brady Skjei - 44 Neil Pionk
55 Nick Holden - 77 Anthony DeAngelo
58 John Gilmour - 25 Ryan Sproul
Goalies
30 Henrik Lundqvist - 75 Brandon Halverson
Injuries and Scratches
8 Cody McLeod could be a healthy scratch.
18 Marc Staal is on IR due to a cervical strain (neck). He will not play.
20 Chris Kreider is on IR due to a blood clot, rib resection. He practiced Wedn. in non-contact jersey.
22 Kevin Shattenkirk is on IR due to meniscus surgery to repair a tear (knee). He is out indefinitely.
27 Ryan McDonagh is day-to-day with an upper body injury.
31 Ondrej Pavelec is on IR due to a sprained MCL (knee). He is out 2-to-3 weeks from Feb. 11.
47 Steve Kampfer is on IR due to a fractured hand. He is out 4-to-6 weeks.
90 Alexandar Georgiev was supposed to be the starting goalie Saturday (Ottawa) but is ill.

Power Play Units
1. Rick Nash - J.T. Miller - Mats Zuccarello - Mika Zibanejad - Brady Skjei
2. Pavel Buchnevich - David Desharnais - Michael Grabner - Anthony DeAngelo - John Gilmour

MEDIA CONTACTS

MSG Network
Web site -- New York Rangers
Rick Carpiniello's Twitter -- Rick Carpiniello (@RickCarpiniello) | Twitter
John Giannone's Twitter -- John Giannone (@jaygeemsg) | Twitter
New York Daily News
New York Post
Web site -- Hockey | New York Post
Larry Brooks' Twitter -- Larry Brooks (@NYP_Brooksie) | Twitter
Brett Cyrgalis' Twitter -- Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) | Twitter
New York Times
Web site -- Hockey
Allan Kreda's Twitter -- Allan Kreda (@akreda) | Twitter
Newsday

FLYERS' SCHEDULE

DateGameTime (ET)Television Radio
Tuesday, Feb. 20Montreal at Philadelphia7:00 pm NBCSP, TSN2, RDS97.5
Thursday, Feb. 22Columbus at Philadelphia7:00 pmNBCSP, FS-O 93.3
Saturday, Feb. 24Philadelphia at Ottawa2:00 pm NHLN-US, TVAS, TSN5, NBCSP+ 93.3
Monday, Feb. 26 Philadelphia at Montreal 7:30 pm NBCSN, TSN2, RDS, NBCSP 97.5
Thursday, Mar. 1Carolina at Philadelphia7:00 pm NBCSP, FS-SE 93.3
Saturday, Mar. 3Philadelphia at Tampa Bay1:00 pmSUN, NBCSP97.5
Sunday, Mar. 4Philadelphia at Florida 3:00 pmTVAS, FS-F, NBCSP97.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Got the Time" by Anthrax

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ I ordinarily save the song for when we set clocks but since this is an earlier than normal start time, I tossed caution to the wind.

As aside note the Flyers have a practice scheduled in Columbus today (Saturday) before flying to New York.

SaveHextall

Nov 21, 2006
Westchester, NY
Love the GDT's and appreciate the work that goes along with making them. Just a suggestion, but I liked when the Flyers all-time record vs each team was included. I'm a fan either way!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Love the GDT's and appreciate the work that goes along with making them. Just a suggestion, but I liked when the Flyers all-time record vs each team was included. I'm a fan either way!

Thanks. One reason why I stopped was because there were inconsistencies with data. The Flyers' totals didn't match my totals which didn't match the Flyers' History web site. Much of it was centered around the OT/SO designation which was caused by too many games going into OT/SO..

As a suggestion. I usually put next to "Preview" the media notes offered on the team's website the days of games. If you click on that link (or directly on the Flyers' site), you can find records buried in the text. A copy from last night's game: 5 THINGS: Flyers vs. Blue Jackets

Some of the records became eye sores based on the four categories of recent years. What was a W and L is no longer that. This is taken from the media notes provided prior to last night's game: the Flyers were 2-5-2-6 all-time at Columbus, however the Blue Jackets at home were 11-2-2-0 against the Flyers in those same 15 games. I'll take the days of W-L-T 7-2-4 vs. one team who is 2-7-4 against that opponent, at least for issues of data. It is cleaner and simpler.

In a separate issue: I have noticed that on NHL.com as well as a couple of media outlets the GF/GA categories don't match.

These two links are both on the NHL's web site and look at the Flyers' totals for GF and GA

NHL Hockey Standings (171-168)

NHL.com - Stats (170-163)​

That is because a team is credited with a GF when it wins in SO and a GA when it loses in a shootout. Basic subtraction shows the Flyers are 1-5 in shootouts. However, there should consistency on the NHL's official site.

Last edited:

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks. One reason why I stopped was because there were inconsistencies with data. The Flyers' totals didn't match my totals which didn't match the Flyers' History web site. Much of it was centered around the OT/SO designation which was caused by too many games going into OT/SO..

As a suggestion. I usually put next to "Preview" the media notes offered on the team's website the days of games. If you click on that link (or directly on the Flyers' site), you can find records buried in the text. A copy from last night's game: 5 THINGS: Flyers vs. Blue Jackets

Some of the records became eye sores based on the four categories of recent years. What was a W and L is no longer that. This is taken from the media notes provided prior to last night's game: the Flyers were 2-5-2-6 all-time at Columbus, however the Blue Jackets at home were 11-2-2-0 against the Flyers in those same 15 games. I'll take the days of W-L-T 7-2-4 vs. one team who is 2-7-4 against that opponent, at least for issues of data. It is cleaner and simpler.

In a separate issue: I have noticed that on NHL.com as well as a couple of media outlets the GF/GA categories don't match.

These two links are both on the NHL's web site and look at the Flyers' totals for GF and GA

NHL Hockey Standings (171-168)

NHL.com - Stats (170-163)​

That is because a team is credited with a GF when it wins in SO and a GA when it loses in a shootout. Basic subtraction shows the Flyers are 1-5 in shootouts. However, there should consistency on the NHL's official site.
I know we all get caught up with our passion for this franchise and it may lead to threads being taken over by the same topics, there are hundreds of posters on this site with a ton of different opinions, but one consistent wonderful shining light through all of it is the tiresome work of MSE, instead of flooding this GDT full of our usual banter let’s give respect and thanks that we have the best damn GDT’s on this site because of MSE!!! Thank you, Appleyard as well he’s a mad scientist numbers guy who deserves our appreciation!! Here’s to you gentlemen, thank you!!!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I know we all get caught up with our passion for this franchise and it may lead to threads being taken over by the same topics, there are hundreds of posters on this site with a ton of different opinions, but one consistent wonderful shining light through all of it is the tiresome work of MSE, instead of flooding this GDT full of our usual banter let’s give respect and thanks that we have the best damn GDT’s on this site because of MSE!!! Thank you, Appleyard as well he’s a mad scientist numbers guy who deserves our appreciation!! Here’s to you gentlemen, thank you!!!

Now is there was a dislike button, you'd hit the max. :sarcasm:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Like the CBus game, getting 1 point would be like a victory.

We lack a bit of a killer instinct to finish off teams...I won't go into why. But it would be nice to finish these guys off by grabbing a full 2 points and none for them.

The top line is due for a big point game as they are creating lots of chances with little luck and finish lately.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like the CBus game, getting 1 point would be like a victory.

We lack a bit of a killer instinct to finish off teams...I won't go into why. But it would be nice to finish these guys off by grabbing a full 2 points and none for them.

The top line is due for a big point game as they are creating lots of chances with little luck and finish lately.
I will.
499899-turtle.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is a game we need to take, a crippled team that has to fly in after a game in Ottawa, that's pretty much out of the playoffs.
Their defense has been decimated, and their bottom six might be as bad as ours.

But Lundqvist will probably start against us, stand on his head and we'll lose 3-2. :banghead:

We did sorta "beat" Bob, so maybe Lundqvist will fall as well,

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Doesn't matter, he sees Orange and is revived.
Isn't the backup injured?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They have their AHL goalie backing up Hank today. Guessing they probably will ride Hank till he falks over.
Not sure if the Rangers would start Halverson against the Flyers
Yeah, the Rangers need every point they can get right now. Lundqvist is going to play a lot of games. He's their only chance to somewhat stay in the race.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Flyers will be up by one and Tripod will post "please dont score" only for the Rangers to tie it. Win in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad