Post-Game Talk: #59 | Flyers at Oilers | February 21, 2023

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That bass in the beginning of Traveling Without Moving makes me want to head to the basement and start jamming some drums....at just before midnight...neighbors be damned. Shit just grooves. Hard. I'm a drummer, but I "think" bass guitar. About 1000 times I've thought about trying to pick it up, but I'm ham-fisted and it's taken me my entire life to become competent at drums. At this point in the game I don't think I have it in me to become proficient on another instrument, lol.

Bonus points for the Donald "Duck" Dunn quote :) Here's me playing along with one of the BB covers he played on:

We gotta get back to the days of session musicians banding together to form superbands.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
That bass in the beginning of Traveling Without Moving makes me want to head to the basement and start jamming some drums....at just before midnight...neighbors be damned. Shit just grooves. Hard. I'm a drummer, but I "think" bass guitar. About 1000 times I've thought about trying to pick it up, but I'm ham-fisted and it's taken me my entire life to become competent at drums. At this point in the game I don't think I have it in me to become proficient on another instrument, lol.

Bonus points for the Donald "Duck" Dunn quote :) Here's me playing along with one of the BB covers he played on:

see now i gotta go watch Danny Carey's live version of Pneuma

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
We gotta get back to the days of session musicians banding together to form superbands.
I love the story about Steve Cropper writing "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay", and how the whistling part was only because they didn't have any lyrics for that part yet.

Speaking for myself, it's amazing that a song a little over 2 minutes long can make me reflect upon large portions of my life. That song has just always had that power over me.

Those old cats had some good skills.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
see now i gotta go watch Danny Carey's live version of Pneuma
I think I've played maybe 3 Tool songs...ever. Two of them pretty well, but it has been many years and in my old age I'd probably eff them up royally.

He's on another level than I am! Kind of like how shit truck can score a goal, but McDavid can do it 500 times better. Some people have gifts that no amount of practice can overcome.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Nice groove to go to sleep by ...........Santana would in a middle of a jam play this song. Another 1969 song.......

Play this song all night at the dunes south of Rehoboth....8 track baby.....

Good Night..........

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why HCs hate to play rookies, Lycksell draws a double minor on a sloppy play.
Farabee makes a stupid play with his stick to draw a penalty at the end of the first period.
Compounding things is the Flyers can't win face offs, yes, the metrics say it doesn't matter, but that applies to 48/52 splits, not when you lose every friggin' faceoff!

It was a gutsy performance, back to back with travel on the road against a team facing a must win game.
They outplayed the Oilers for two periods, then the power plays and tired legs did them in.
And yes, they missed TK, a thin team can't afford to lose their top player.

If I'm Edmonton, I'm calling Fletcher about Seeler, b/c they are one soft team.

Diss Cates all you want, I think he's a keystone to any rebuild, not a first line player, but a guy who as a rookie is already taking on the toughest assignments and holding his own.

Sanheim is scary, since he signed that new deal, he's been worse than Risto. I don't think he's that bad, he's just in a funk, but given we're stuck with him - SNAP THE F-- K OUT OF IT!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
the-fly-spit.gif

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Why HCs hate to play rookies, Lycksell draws a double minor on a sloppy play.
Farabee makes a stupid play with his stick to draw a penalty at the end of the first period.
Compounding things is the Flyers can't win face offs, yes, the metrics say it doesn't matter, but that applies to 48/52 splits, not when you lose every friggin' faceoff!

It was a gutsy performance, back to back with travel on the road against a team facing a must win game.
They outplayed the Oilers for two periods, then the power plays and tired legs did them in.
And yes, they missed TK, a thin team can't afford to lose their top player.

If I'm Edmonton, I'm calling Fletcher about Seeler, b/c they are one soft team.

Diss Cates all you want, I think he's a keystone to any rebuild, not a first line player, but a guy who as a rookie is already taking on the toughest assignments and holding his own.

Sanheim is scary, since he signed that new deal, he's been worse than Risto. I don't think he's that bad, he's just in a funk, but given we're stuck with him - SNAP THE F-- K OUT OF IT!
Sanhiem is in a funk because look to his right.... he has 2 of the worst defensemen in the NHL there.

Edmonton is so soft they just beat the hard to play against Flyers.

Maybe come out of the stone age.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Edmonton was winning the physical battles. My favorite was when Deslauriers was sent tumbling from their crease as an afterthought.

If Edmonton is a soft team, then the Flyers are wet goo.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad