GDT: #59| Calgary Flames @ New York Islanders | February 6th | 7:00pm | F/L 4-2

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
What a shameful performance. I've learned there to be no accountability within management, but I'd like to think the players would show some pride and put forward some sort of effort. I pity the Islanders marketing team who have to try to promote this garbage.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The screen going black with 38 seconds left is par for the course. It symbolizes the Islanders' hope for the playoffs, and our hope for competent hockey.

If the Isles can't play for a complete game, I see no reason why our cable providers should air a complete game.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Which coincides with the return of Viz to the point. Hate to sound like a broken record but the chemistry that was developed with A-Mac on the point is gone now.

Lubo never shoots. What happened to him. He had a rocket a couple of years ago.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Visnovsky just missed an entire half season, cut the guy some slack. There are so many more deserving things to pick on right now than Lubomir Visnovsky. Like needing a goal with under a minute, and playing the three players least likely to score a goal on the entire roster.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
The refs should be on death row for allowing the 3rd goal flames goal. BUTCHER THOSE REFS LIKE CATTLE. BUTCHER !!!!!

There are so many refs we should butcher over the last few years. Where do you start?!?! I keep telling myself that it is my imagination, but calls seem to always go against us. It was nice to hear Vanek point that out. But, then, again, there was at least one call that should have been made against Vanek tonight. Payback?

don28

Postal Gunslinger
Dec 31, 2009
Lebanon, TN
It drives me crazy that they show enough moxie to come back and tie the game at 2, only to go right back to looking lifeless and allowing the Flames to score the third goal and take the game right back. Unfortunately, it's not going to change until the ownership, and then the management, are changed.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
What a horrible performance against a team that is totally devoid of talent and in front of the home town fans. This needs to cull the deadwood beginning with the entire coaching staff (and that includes Dead Weight and his poor excuse of a powerplay).

This team needs a goalie in the worst way, Nabokov is done, stick a fork in him and backups Poulin and Nilsson have shown nothing. If Snow wants to be bold, try to get John Gibson from the Ducks even if it costs Strome and Reinhart.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
There are so many refs we should butcher over the last few years. Where do you start?!?! I keep telling myself that it is my imagination, but calls seem to always go against us. It was nice to hear Vanek point that out. But, then, again, there was at least one call that should have been made against Vanek tonight. Payback?

A playoff team doesn't need calls against the Flames

Tpkc2

Jul 19, 2013
The pp is 0 for the last 29!!! I don't know wether to laugh or cry?

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
One more thing and I don't meant this for the weather outside: Snow Snow go away...DONT come back another day!

don28

Postal Gunslinger
Dec 31, 2009
Lebanon, TN
...If Snow wants to be bold, try to get John Gibson from the Ducks even if costs Strome and Reinhart.

Then you have a good goaltender with no defenseman with any size to help him out. Strome and Reinhart have to be considered untouchables. The Islanders can't afford to give up size on D and a skilled F that they desperately need.

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
reports say that wang and snow are in the locker room .. snow just met with team in the room.. wang outside

Retweeted by Brian Compton
Matt Saidman ‏@MattSaidman 15m
Charles Wang and Garth Snow just came downstairs. Snow went into #Isles locker room

https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
I thought the absence of Nabokov and Visnovsky was the reason why we weren't a playoff contender. Now, it is apparent that this was NEVER the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad