Post-Game Talk: #58| PHI 3 at EDM 6| Feb 16, 2017 | Jordan Weal (UBI) update to be issued Feb. 21

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
The whole thing is BS because the McDavid injury was a total accident, but Manning did the right thing yesterday and handled it well.

Hopefully it gives him extra trade value!

No way...Manning is the kind of guy we want to keep. Pencil him in as the #6 D next season.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
No way...Manning is the kind of guy we want to keep. Pencil him in as the #6 D next season.

Provorov
Ghost
Gudas
Macdonald

Those 4 are essentially locks. Unless flyers designate Mac as the 7 or AHL. That leaves 2 spots for

Morin
Sanheim
Haag
Myers

Manning

You can pencil him in as the 6. I'll use a pencil and just erase his name and insert one of the guys listed above.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I seriously doubt Manning is with the Flyers beyond next year when his contract ends. He very well could be even squeezed out as soon as camp/preseason next year.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't care about the media and Maroon giving Manning props after the fact. What Edmonton pulled last night was BS. Going back to the original injury, McDavid got hurt on an ordinary hockey play. There was no intent to injure on Manning's part and he never said that he did it on purpose.
McDavid is a chump. If he has a problem with Manning, that should have been between the two of them. Just like the stuff between Laughton and Niskanen was after a debatable hit. McChump needs to learn to handle his own stuff. This lining up your roster to go after a guy is crap.
Frankly, I was disappointed that the Flyers didn't go for a line brawl. The Flyers should have let the Oilers know that if McChump wants to fight Manning, so be it. The rest of their team was to stay out of it. IMO, the Flyers left Manning hang out to dry. They all said that they had Manning's back and let him get his ass kicked. If that is they way that teammates have a guys back, I wouldn't want to be a part of them.
Manning had it coming to him after chirping McJesus in Philly. He should have kept his yap shut then.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning had it coming to him after chirping McJesus in Philly. He should have kept his yap shut then.

Collar McBroken needs to learn how to fight his own battles.

Last edited:

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site

I don't often disagree with you, but here's a case. The media and McDavid made a mountain out of a molehill here. Connor's injury was an accident and an obvious one at that. Manning was playing the rat (a popular role in the new NHL). Rats aren't supposed to be held accountable anymore and everybody has one. Good on Mandog for playing the punching bag role to a T again.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I don't care about the media and Maroon giving Manning props after the fact. What Edmonton pulled last night was BS. Going back to the original injury, McDavid got hurt on an ordinary hockey play. There was no intent to injure on Manning's part and he never said that he did it on purpose.
McDavid is a chump. If he has a problem with Manning, that should have been between the two of them. Just like the stuff between Laughton and Niskanen was after a debatable hit. McChump needs to learn to handle his own stuff. This lining up your roster to go after a guy is crap.
Frankly, I was disappointed that the Flyers didn't go for a line brawl. The Flyers should have let the Oilers know that if McChump wants to fight Manning, so be it. The rest of their team was to stay out of it. IMO, the Flyers left Manning hang out to dry. They all said that they had Manning's back and let him get his ass kicked. If that is they way that teammates have a guys back, I wouldn't want to be a part of them.

Im 100% with you on this....its ******** how the flyers left him out to dry, all the cheapshots and **** he was receiving nobody was there to have his back, i hate manning as much as the next guy but that is pathetic too see

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Collar McBroken needs to learn how to fight his own battles.

Post that on the main board and watch the Edmonton fans melt down. :laugh:

5192d31d053300241c3343cc79b2dd03

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
That is a great jersey! Manning would be good to keep around as a 6th/7th d through next season at least. He gets a lot of crap, but he is what he is a bottom pairing d-man that can contribute to the team at a cost controlled price.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Provorov
Ghost
Gudas
Macdonald

Those 4 are essentially locks. Unless flyers designate Mac as the 7 or AHL. That leaves 2 spots for

Morin
Sanheim
Haag
Myers

Manning

You can pencil him in as the 6. I'll use a pencil and just erase his name and insert one of the guys listed above.

If MacDonald is on the Phantoms, I don't see the team starting the season with only three defenseman having played 100 NHL games. It would also help them if they had that playoff-tested veteran the defense unit can lean on.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't often disagree with you, but here's a case. The media and McDavid made a mountain out of a molehill here. Connor's injury was an accident and an obvious one at that. Manning was playing the rat (a popular role in the new NHL). Rats aren't supposed to be held accountable anymore and everybody has one. Good on Mandog for playing the punching bag role to a T again.
Agreed but no one thought Manning did it on purpose until he told McDildo he did while yapping at him in the Philly game. He would not have been the subject of such enmity if he had maintained his own innocence and not claimed it was deliberate in his trash talk which just got his teammates riled up for no good reason.

Poor Manning. The only useful thing he has done was an accident...

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Not true. They got a 50th jersey and then you had to pay $80 to get it customized.

Was there a certain amount of time you needed to bring your jersey in to get customized for that? I have a 50th but I haven't had the expendable income to get it done up until my tax returns got in. I just dont want to wait too long and then have them tell me they are no longer doing the gold font/nameplate.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
so basically free

That isn't the 50th jersey though...

Was there a certain amount of time you needed to bring your jersey in to get customized for that? I have a 50th but I haven't had the expendable income to get it done up until my tax returns got in. I just dont want to wait too long and then have them tell me they are no longer doing the gold font/nameplate.

I don't believe there is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad