Post-Game Talk: #58| PHI 3 at EDM 6| Feb 16, 2017 | Jordan Weal (UBI) update to be issued Feb. 21

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know Striker is saying not to get angry, but I also see that if we do get rid of Hak, we have time to set up a new system for next season. The fact that Hak is still here and hurting whatever we have for some of our current players does us no good.

Flyers are ****ing terrible and Hak is doing nothing to make it better.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Grandma Hckyplayer8 wheeling her walker down the ice could player better hockey.

The team has packed it in for the year. At least Berube's team would have turned that Manning/Malone fight into a line brawl to generate something.

Coaching staff pretty much has managed to take a mediocre NHL team and make them a mediocre ECHL team.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Grandma Hckyplayer8 wheeling her walker down the ice could player better hockey.

The team has packed it in for the year. At least Berube's team would have turned that Manning/Malone fight into a line brawl to generate something.

Coaching staff pretty much has managed to take a mediocre NHL team and make them a mediocre ECHL team.

I'm still glad that Berube is gone though, no matter what is happening now lol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We got Vancouver Sunday, Washington Wednesday, Pittsburgh Saturday, & then Colorado following Tuesday the night before the deadline.

I hope we drop Sunday outright. As the next two should be good bets as outright losses.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1) We have the worst coaching staff in the NHL by a long-shot. Truly pathetic.

2) Hextalls complacency is beginning to irk me. I dont want him to mortgage the future, but a small move wouldnt kill us and could spark something. The fans shelling out hard-earned mone for over-priced tickets and merch, deserve better than this.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
At this point, I don't even wanna watch the outdoor game... Pittsburgh is going to steamroll us, after Washington ***** all over us Wednesday. Never been more embarrassed to be a Flyers fan.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm still glad that Berube is gone though, no matter what is happening now lol

Id take him back in a hot second and I was never a fan. The team was directionless but they had a shred of spirit. The players really liked him too and I do not get the impression they like this feather-haired loser.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
1) We have the worst coaching staff in the NHL by a long-shot. Truly pathetic.

2) Hextalls complacency is beginning to irk me. I dont want him to mortgage the future, but a small move wouldnt kill us and could spark something. The fans shelling out hard-earned mone for over-priced tickets and merch, deserve better than this.

Honestly, I've got Hexy on such a pedestal that I'm probably incapable of being objective about him, but I do get why you are feeling that way. I think he still has time though - if we get past the trade deadline without shipping out the garbage, then we have a real reason to gripe. He has to pull the trigger on a few things over the next week and subtract, even if we don't add anything.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Ya Hextall has done some good obviously, but there is such thing as being overly cautious and too patient. Start by firing Hakstol. His teams are supposed to get better and better as the year goes on, that was one of the scouting reports on him. Not seeing that yet.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Ya Hextall has done some good obviously, but there is such thing as being overly cautious and too patient. Start by firing Hakstol. His teams are supposed to get better and better as the year goes on, that was one of the scouting reports on him. Not seeing that yet.

so who replaces HAk then?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Honestly, I've got Hexy on such a pedestal that I'm probably incapable of being objective about him, but I do get why you are feeling that way. I think he still has time though - if we get past the trade deadline without shipping out the garbage, then we have a real reason to gripe. He has to pull the trigger on a few things over the next week and subtract, even if we don't add anything.

Thats fair..but we may tumble out of the picture altogether in a weeks time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
so who replaces HAk then?

Hextall on an interim basis? :laugh:

No better way to assess a teams needs than by being up close and personal during the games.

And before you say, "Hexy has no coaching experience."

Does that even matter? We cant possibly play worse :laugh:

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Anyone excited at all for the outdoor game? Speaking of which, I've seen no advertisements or promotions for it at all. Maybe the league knows we will get worked 7-1 or something like that. It will be embarrassing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really, really don't want to watch us get bounced in the first round, regardless of who we play - I'd rather miss altogether than see that.

I just want to see them play some form of coherent and competitive hockey at this point.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

No better way to assess a teams needs than by being up close and personal during the games.

"Mr. Hextall, on the seven counts of voluntary manslaughter, how do you plead?"

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

only if he takes his Goal Stick with him on the bench

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Anyone excited at all for the outdoor game? Speaking of which, I've seen no advertisements or promotions for it at all. Maybe the league knows we will get worked 7-1 or something like that. It will be embarrassing.

God no, I am dreading that and wouldn't watch it at all if I had a shred of sense or self-control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad