#57 LOSERS vs. ANY TEAM in NHL, by 2-0

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
This team does need to relax and keep it simple stupid. A fun practice, team dinner, something to bring them together. If I were coach or gm, I'd tell them to play pickup style hockey and have some fun. Screw the system right now just play like you did as a kid.

They have been keeping it simple. That is why we're constantly out shooting opponents. A **** load of shots. Just not many quality shots.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Agreed. Not an excuse, but it's just nuts and you feel for the guys.

Yup, little more maturity and he's there.

I will see at least you saw a little emotion in the interviews. Not as much the depressed look, a little more of the "**** this" fire, which is a good sign imo.

Quick wouldn't let them use the schedule as an excuse and it's true. Every team has the same schedule.

KingKopitar11*

Honestly wtf is Dean doing.

Nothing most likely, like usual.

Agreed. Not an excuse, but it's just nuts and you feel for the guys.

Yup, little more maturity and he's there.

I will see at least you saw a little emotion in the interviews. Not as much the depressed look, a little more of the "**** this" fire, which is a good sign imo.

Pretty much. It's pretty crazy how much he's changed.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Honestly wtf is Dean doing.

Like I said up thread it takes two to tango… I highly doubt DL is sitting on his ass doing nothing….. And I do NOT want him to do a knee jerk trade because 99/100 times it ****s the franchise for years….

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
1560775_10201852139685356_1838230858_n.jpg

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
On what has to happen to pull out of the slump:
We’ve just got to not get down on ourselves, not feel sorry for ourselves. We’ve got the team and we’ve got the character in this room to get through this, and that’s what we’re determined to do. And it’s got to start next game.

On the need of an ugly goal:
Yeah, that’d be nice, but you can’t expect those kinds of things to happen. What you can expect to do is go to the net hard, is to get screens, to get more shots on net, and to bang in a dirty goal. We need to expect that out of ourselves. We need to be determined to do that.

Whether he notices anything now that wasn’t there for the team in the beginning of the year:
I don’t know if there’s anything in particular. We’re getting shots, actually, but we’re not screening them enough and we’re not getting rebounds. Besides that, the guys have just got to believe in themselves both individually and in the team, and I know everyone here believes in this team and this group of guys. We’ve just got to start now. We can’t go into the break losing games like this. We need to get on a winning streak.

On his level of frustration:
I’m pretty frustrated, obviously. But like I said, you’ve got to get over it, you’ve got to get past it. This can make us stronger, going through this little slip. It seems like it happens every year with the Kings at some point. We’re going to turn this thing around, and we’re going to go the other way with it. We’re going to learn from it and become better for it.

On the lack of an offensive rhythm:
We’re not getting rebounds, and we’re not scoring on the rebounds we do get. In order to score goals in this league, that’s what you’ve got to do. The goalies are so good these days. If you’re not getting screens in front, if you’re not getting rebounds or tips, goals aren’t going to go in.

Whether it’s “bittersweet” to see his friend, Wayne Simmonds, score for Philadelphia:
No, it’s whatever. Simmer’s a good player. He’s really producing a lot there in Philadelphia. They’re a high scoring team, and we expected them to try and pop a few tonight. Whatever. He got one.

On the importance of turning the slide around before the Olympic break:
It’s really important. We can’t go into the break dwelling on what has gone on. We have to go into the break on a two-game winning streak and believing in ourselves again.

On whether a game against Chicago could lift the team:
Yeah, that would be a big confidence booster, for sure. They’re the best, I still think, the best team in the west. They’re a tough team to beat, and if we can beat them, that’ll really give us a little bit of momentum.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/02/01/february-1-postgame-quotes-drew-doughty/

Ron*

I thought the Kings played well myself, just couldn't get one by Mason.

Now for my comment on Flyer fans attending the game: you collectively win the award for the most rude, obnoxious, arrogant pieces of **** I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing at a game in all the years I have been attending games. Even Detroit fan comes in a distant second to you cretins.

That's all.

Henry1515

Jul 24, 2005
There's 10 Del Tacos within a 5 mile radius of where I live in Vegas...including one six blocks away...
it used to be that way for me back in SoCal, but now that Im in Wa. the nearest to me is in Post Falls Idaho, about 30 minutes away...I have to make the trek about once a month.

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
I thought the Kings played well myself, just couldn't get one by Mason.

Now for my comment on Flyer fans attending the game: you collectively win the award for the most rude, obnoxious, arrogant pieces of **** I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing at a game in all the years I have been attending games. Even Detroit fan comes in a distant second to you cretins.

That's all.

Ron which section were you in?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia