Post-Game Talk: #57 | Flyers at Canucks | February 17, 2023

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They outplayed Vancouver, eyeballs and metrics, but they keep having breakdowns and Hart is playing below par right now, so those mistakes hurt more. And some bad luck, the 3rd goal was a lucky deflection, doubt he could make that play from that distance (right under the crossbar) more than once in a 100 tries.

Deslauriers has been solid with TK, because you can put one guy to do the dirty work on a scoring line, and he does do that, wins board battles and gets the puck to players who know what to do with it. He's actually much worse when he plays with Brown and MacEwen b/c you have three muckers and no one can make a play.

Right now I think Torts is just shaking up things and trying to get a different look at players for next season.
Now a bad combination is Hayes and Frost.

The team may also be going through mid-season blues, every team, even the best teams, have bad stretches in an 82 game season, and the West Coast swing tends to bring out the worst in East Coast teams.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
They outplayed Vancouver, eyeballs and metrics, but they keep having breakdowns and Hart is playing below par right now, so those mistakes hurt more. And some bad luck, the 3rd goal was a lucky deflection, doubt he could make that play from that distance (right under the crossbar) more than once in a 100 tries.

Deslauriers has been solid with TK, because you can put one guy to do the dirty work on a scoring line, and he does do that, wins board battles and gets the puck to players who know what to do with it. He's actually much worse when he plays with Brown and MacEwen b/c you have three muckers and no one can make a play.

Right now I think Torts is just shaking up things and trying to get a different look at players for next season.
Now a bad combination is Hayes and Frost.

The team may also be going through mid-season blues, every team, even the best teams, have bad stretches in an 82 game season, and the West Coast swing tends to bring out the worst in East Coast teams.
It's amazing how much weed you have to smoke to become this disillusioned. I'd love to be your dealer.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I love the idea that Chuck Fletcher over a period of 4 years managed to build a roster where you have to come up with such argumentation.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's amazing how much weed you have to smoke to become this disillusioned. I'd love to be your dealer.

123df95c-b5be-485e-9f8d-e9ac7231caf6_text.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Deslauriers played 3 minutes with TK. People getting carried away as usual.
Raffl played a whole season with G and Voracek.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Raffl played a whole season with G and Voracek.

1) Raffl was a hell of a lot better than Deslauriers. They aren't comparable.
2) Nobody was excited about that or fine with it. I'd bet you defended it though.
3) 3 minutes is an idiotic amount of time to spend willingly ruining your top line.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Yay, I may have thought it was a good idea to drive the whole 200 miles of a trip with first gear only. After 40 miles someone told me that I can gear up for the other 160 miles.
All in all, no damage to the gearbox or the engine. YAY,

Minor lineup decisions do not matter, do not add up. Minor overpayments do not matter, do not add up. Minor point losses do not matter, do not add up (because I loved the effort, the hunger)

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
1) Raffl was a hell of a lot better than Deslauriers. They aren't comparable.
2) Nobody was excited about that or fine with it. I'd bet you defended it though.
3) 3 minutes is an idiotic amount of time to spend willingly ruining your top line.
Well, by dressing 11 forwards he willingly gave Brown and ND 12% more playing time. Playing ND on the first line does not seem out of context....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, by dressing 11 forwards he willingly gave Brown and ND 12% more playing time. Playing ND on the first line does not seem out of context....
What top line? They don't have a top line, they barely have a 2nd line, basically they've been rolling out (3) 3rd lines and a 4th line.

As usual, much ado about nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad