Post-Game Talk: #57 | Flyers at Canucks | February 17, 2023

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Pull the goalie and put Brown out there, lmao.

Offensive genius Torts at work ladies and gentlemen.
I think he was out there to win the face-off (his only semi-positive attribute). Of course, he didn't.....

What’s the chances they can put some WD40 on that revolving door to Phantoms, I assume it is stuck ?

I recall being told there would be a flow of kids coming up all year.
They come up. They just do not make it to the ice. They seriously hurt the Phantoms playoff chances by recalling key players and then not playing them. If they need warm bodies the Phantoms have plenty of them....

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The real questions are, on a team that is so devoid of talent (1) why would they choose to suit up plugs like ND, Brown and MacNothing (when healthy)?, and (2) why would Totorella then choose to create a line-up that effectively gives them 5% more playing time?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The real questions are, on a team that is so devoid of talent (1) why would they choose to suit up plugs like ND, Brown and MacNothing (when healthy)?, and (2) why would Totorella then choose to create a line-up that effectively gives them 5% more playing time?
They’re rebuilding and Deslauriers, Brown, and MacEwen are core pieces going forward.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deslauriers has been on TK's line for almost two full games now... and this was a game where they dressed 11 forwards...

I am baffled, absolutely baffled, at the Cates/Deslauriers combo not scoring goals.

How could it not work? The offensive genius hired as coach thinks it will.

Is it possible the guy who doesn't think you win by scoring goals isn't actually an offensive mastermind?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
D5C53FD0-E26D-4F89-8C94-20F289AB9F5C.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fascinating how fast the management defenders disappear.

Maybe, just maybe, don't start aggressively patting them on the back while they're riding either a shooting heater or a .950 save percentage. Those things never last and inevitably the real team shines through.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Truly amazing that the team isn't firmly in sell mode and is sitting on their balls while trade opportunities get eaten by other smarter teams.

All because they were better than trash for a month.

All I’m interested in now is whether the talking point will be “Great stretch from dec 7” or if it will morph into even more hilarious “they were amazing from dec 7 to Jan 26 or something like that”

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
For the couple of gems on here that think the flyers are getting better under torts.
1) There is no way you could have watched that game and thought the flyers 18 skaters are remotely close in talent than the Canucks. This is more than a bad stretch. This is clear talent levels differences. And I am talking CANUCKS. Not bruins, Leafs, , etc. I AM TALKING CANUCKS 18 SKATERS ARE EASILY BETTER.
2) To play 44 with TK is the dumbest idea by Torts in a year filled with dumb ideas. I am shocked I tell u TK looks fine with Frost on pp and looks like he is trying to do too much with 44 on the ice.
3) IF Hart/Ersson and TK are not on the top of their games the flyers don't win unless we are talking pond scum duck talent.
4)There is not a 1 or 2 defenseman on this roster unless York's development is off the chart. NHL teams don't go on playoff runs without at least one top 25 d-man. It is painfully evident when the flyers play a top 30 player like Elias, that the flyers can't cope with those kind of skills.
5)Anyone watching this game hoping Couts and Cam back next year could have this this team on playoff doorstep needs to go to Fletcher rehab immediately. Too many smelling of flusher farts can cause permanent damage.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Better team performance than the two Seattle games.

Got bit by a few bad mistakes.

And too many of their supposed higher-end players are struggling at the same time.

Sanheim terrible. Directly at fault in Vancouver’s first two goals.

Provorov’s game has really dropped the last two weeks.

Hayes & JVR are costing themselves trade value with their recent poor play.

Farabee, like Sanhero, has been bad all season, & it continues. Allison just isn’t good.

Laughton, Frost, York, Tippett aren’t necessarily playing badly, but their games have slipped into too much meh.

On the bright side Konecny was everywhere last night.

The Flyers are a bottom-10 team in the league. These rough patches are completely unsurprising. They also don’t define the overall season.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I am baffled, absolutely baffled, at the Cates/Deslauriers combo not scoring goals.

Is it possible the guy who doesn't think you win by scoring goals isn't actually an offensive mastermind?
shit truck on first line..

coach in presser says " we need to generate more offense"..

lol. hes the living version of the meme.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
All I’m interested in now is whether the talking point will be “Great stretch from dec 7” or if it will morph into even more hilarious “they were amazing from dec 7 to Jan 26 or something like that”

Oh we are absolutely going to hear about how the December team is the Real Flyers, and not all the other months of the seasons.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Better team performance than the two Seattle games.

Got bit by a few bad mistakes.

And too many of their supposed higher-end players are struggling at the same time.

Sanheim terrible. Directly at fault in Vancouver’s first two goals.

Provorov’s game has really dropped the last two weeks.

Hayes & JVR are costing themselves trade value with their recent poor play.

Farabee, like Sanhero, has been bad all season, & it continues. Allison just isn’t good.

Laughton, Frost, York, Tippett aren’t necessarily playing badly, but their games have slipped into too much meh.

On the bright side Konecny was everywhere last night.

The Flyers are a bottom-10 team in the league. These rough patches are completely unsurprising. They also don’t define the overall season.

Weird how the "top end players" having their games slip coincides with the coach scattering trashheaps through their lines.

Hey last summer you said you were losing faith and you'd be for firing Fletcher if we had another shit year. Yet you still defend him at every turn. Did you lie?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
They’re rebuilding and Deslauriers, Brown, and MacEwen are core pieces going forward.
You make your foundation with cement.

Oh, you and your quaint talk about "goals". There are much bigger goals than those projected on the scoreboard.

The Flyers lost at tennis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad