GDT: #56: Panthers at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 10, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Even if he was good to go, where he'd slot in?
I can't see them tinkering any lines other than the 4th right now.

He's apparently lost a decent amount of weight.

If he's in, I'd go -

G/Coots/Voracek
JVR/Hayes/TK
Farabee/Frost/Laughton
Pitlick/Raffl/NAK

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Giroux being on a line with Couturier really had nothing to do with his scoring last game.

He had two PP points and his 5v5 assist was to TK.

It's not as if he had a different individual game than he had been having for months now. It just so happens that TK deflected one in and the PP went back to what we've been yelling it had to be for over a year now.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Flyers are 0-5-1 against the Panthers since 2017. Pretty gross.

I'd say we're due for a win. Their team defense is not good at all, and the Flyers need to exploit that.

Not sure what's going to happen on D, but either keep the same lineup as the Caps game, or swap Myers for Ghost.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Flyers are 0-5-1 against the Panthers since 2017. Pretty gross.

I'd say we're due for a win. Their team defense is not good at all, and the Flyers need to exploit that.

Not sure what's going to happen on D, but either keep the same lineup as the Caps game, or swap Myers for Ghost.
I want Myers to stay.

It was a pleasant surprise to see them leave him in last game after a rough outing prior. Ride the waves with the kid, the potential payoff is well worth it.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I want Myers to stay.

It was a pleasant surprise to see them leave him in last game after a rough outing prior. Ride the waves with the kid, the potential payoff is well worth it.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I like Myers, he's from my hometown, and I want him to bring Lord Stanley to me! Just trying to read AV's tea leaves.

Normally, I'd guess that Hagg would be the scratch, but I get a sense that tonight it would be between Ghost and Myers. Could be wrong.

We should also know after the morning skate if Farabee is in or not.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeah, I tend to agree. I like Myers, he's from my hometown, and I want him to bring Lord Stanley to me! Just trying to read AV's tea leaves.

Normally, I'd guess that Hagg would be the scratch, but I get a sense that tonight it would be between Ghost and Myers. Could be wrong.

We should also know after the morning skate if Farabee is in or not.

Im just curious who they take out if Farabee is back. He might need a bit more if he really did lose 10pounds or whatever the rumors were.

I don’t care about the goal last game, JVR sits to make room for Joel.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Im just curious who they take out if Farabee is back. He might need a bit more if he really did lose 10pounds or whatever the rumors were.

Honestly, I can't see them healthy scratching JVR.

If I had to guess, I'd say Joel comes in for Bunnaman (and Raffl moves to 4C).

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Sounds reasonable but the whole Raffl at center experiment hasn't really won me over. And just for the record, I actually like Raffl as a bottom-6 main stay.
I thought Raffl got better at center and even faceoffs.. and as far as Bunny vs Raffl I will take Raffl for now. I think Raffl is about 50% on faceoffs but he was rusty at first. I do not hate NAK Raffl Pitlick line and all 3 could move up on 3rd line depending on game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bunnaman has been our best 4C this season, while he's not a playmaker, he's a good defender and a physical forechecker.
The three kids (Farabee, NAK and Bunnaman) have clearly out played Raffl, Laughton and Pitlick during the 12 game stretch following the road trip from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad