• 1676733078003.png
    1676733078003.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thank you Jojo! Accurate Jojo! Icy Jojo! Cynical Jojo!

I choose Book. I choose:

"A Year At The Movies: One Man's Filmgoing Odyssey" by Kevin Murphy

View attachment 652348

Murphy is most famous for voicing Tom Servo on MST3K, and continues his work with RiffTrax. In this book, Kevin goes to the movies every single day for a year. It's a mix of humor and a love letter to the experience of watching movies; not just in a theater, but in general. He travels the world to do this. He also tried to eat movie theater food for the year but got a kidney stone. If you love watching movies, this is the book.

@Chuck Downie

Racial Chuck! Magical Chuck! Halting Chuck!
The QuackVerse!! It's breaking out!!

Wrong thread, @Beef Invictus Misplaced Beef! Confused Beef! Inthewrongthread Beef!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weird game. I skimmed through it at 2 in the morning, and pretty much skipped the whole game, as the first period reflected the score.

When to NST and expected to see it grossly lopsided, instead even taking SVA into account, Flyers actually played even, just had too many breakdowns, which is probably why Torts wasn't talking - b/c he didn't want to be honest and throw a half dozen players under the bus!

Six players stood out, Tippett, Cates, TK and Deslauriers, as well as Sanheim and Risto on defense.
And from what I saw of the game, the metrics matched the effort on ice.
The rest of the team really struggled, led by Allison who probably had his worst game as a pro.

I've noticed the past few games that the Flyers are actually a better team against fast, skilled opponents than against teams that employ a physical forecheck.

I think this reflects inexperience by some players, and maybe the doldrums for some others - a close checking team forces you to make quick, decisive decisions and can force some players into mistakes. It also requires that you commit to winning board battles to get the puck out of your D-zone. Against fast teams, you can compensate with good positioning and stick work, and exploit their aggressiveness on offense. Against physical teams, you have to raise your energy level.

The good news is these two games against the Kraken pretty much ends any fantasy that they can compete for a PO spot and that they need to sell. And strengthens Torts' hand in forcing out some veterans.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Weird game. I skimmed through it at 2 in the morning, and pretty much skipped the whole game, as the first period reflected the score.

When to NST and expected to see it grossly lopsided, instead even taking SVA into account, Flyers actually played even, just had too many breakdowns, which is probably why Torts wasn't talking - b/c he didn't want to be honest and throw a half dozen players under the bus!

Six players stood out, Tippett, Cates, TK and Deslauriers, as well as Sanheim and Risto on defense.
And from what I saw of the game, the metrics matched the effort on ice.
The rest of the team really struggled, led by Allison who probably had his worst game as a pro.

I've noticed the past few games that the Flyers are actually a better team against fast, skilled opponents than against teams that employ a physical forecheck.

I think this reflects inexperience by some players, and maybe the doldrums for some others - a close checking team forces you to make quick, decisive decisions and can force some players into mistakes. It also requires that you commit to winning board battles to get the puck out of your D-zone. Against fast teams, you can compensate with good positioning and stick work, and exploit their aggressiveness on offense. Against physical teams, you have to raise your energy level.

The good news is these two games against the Kraken pretty much ends any fantasy that they can compete for a PO spot and that they need to sell. And strengthens Torts' hand in forcing out some veterans.

Tortorella is not the GM nor is he forcing Fletcher to do anything. Especially not moving veterans. Otherwise Seeler would be gone.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad