Post-Game Talk: #56 | Flyers at Kraken | February 16, 2023

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
What do people want Torts to say? The play of the team for sixty minutes says it all; they suck. It’s a bad team with some guys in the room that are difficult to manage. Torts has been pretty clear that he wants some of them gone but the people above him won’t make the moves.
You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit and Fletcher has loaded this roster with a lot of the latter. That’s the story for a reporter. Asking the coach redundant questions is a waste of time. Ask Fletcher why he loaded the roster with crap? Why has he blown over $100M on trash players? The focus of all stories regarding the Flyers should be on the ineptitude of the FO. Until that is remedied, the clown show on the ice will continue.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Whatever happened to you calling for Fletcher's firing if there was no improvement this season? Or is 3 spots in the standings enough improvement for you?
I’m happy with the Flyers progress.

They have exceeded my expectations with both Couturier & Atkinson out.

I like their youth/incoming youth.

They have improved. A lot. They’re in a much better place than last year.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I’m happy with the Flyers progress.

They have exceeded my expectations with both Couturier & Atkinson out.

I like their youth/incoming youth.

They have improved. A lot. They’re in a much better place than last year.
You're happy they have improved to 8th (7th in terms of wins) worst team in the league?

I mean that's fine I guess, but I've never seen "participation trophy" personified in a team as much as I have this one.

Would 8 less points in the standings and being 5th worst again be considered no improvement? It is a pretty small gap to be doing victory laps over.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
More blaming the coach. How many coaches do you have to see? Don’t blame the turnovers, slow speed, etc.

Dude, the ownership, management, coachs, players, and medical personnel all f***ing suck. There isn't just one issue here.

What do people want Torts to say? The play of the team for sixty minutes says it all; they suck. It’s a bad team with some guys in the room that are difficult to manage. Torts has been pretty clear that he wants some of them gone but the people above him won’t make the moves.
You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit and Fletcher has loaded this roster with a lot of the latter. That’s the story for a reporter. Asking the coach redundant questions is a waste of time. Ask Fletcher why he loaded the roster with crap? Why has he blown over $100M on trash players? The focus of all stories regarding the Flyers should be on the ineptitude of the FO. Until that is remedied, the clown show on the ice will continue.

He should just do the f***ing job he is grossly overpaid for. Part of that job is the media. Not asking him to solve the mystery of dark matter.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
You're happy they have improved to 8th (7th in terms of wins) worst team in the league?

I mean that's fine I guess, but I've never seen "participation trophy" personified in a team as much as I have this one.

Would 8 less points in the standings and being 5th worst again be considered no improvement? It is a pretty small gap to be doing victory laps over.

But they are writing letters now. WITH THE COACH'S SIGNATURE!!

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
There has been a lot of turnover in the player ranks, and yes coaching for many years now.

How much turnover has there been in the ranks of the development staff, advisors, pro/amateur scouting department, or analytics crew?

By turnover I mean actually removing people not just new additions.

Accountability does not apply to many in this country club. As always, this franchise doesn’t give a damn about actual success in 2023 but as long as the Flyers maintain their outdated DNA when it comes to on ice play, or team building.
This is one of the few organizations if you fail, you fail upward.

And I am scared Flusher will fail upward as well.

Its a front office of Eddie Shermans.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
this is, at times, a brutal message board.....even when they win some of the regulars piss and moan

THEN, have the balls to criticize the coach :dunno:

Torts is Torts

Reactions: tucson83

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

In sarcasm I went the flyers will have the jvr parade for being the 25th best team in the league.

I didn't really think Flusher fans would celebrate flyers being 25th but shows what I know,

Please tell me no one on here think if Cam and Couts is the difference in making the playoffs next year.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Also, the poster asking about scouting and player development may also be on to something. But no. Torts bad! Two D in OT! Run him out on a rail then the Flyers will be good!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

This season has never been about the standings.

Their play has been night & day compared to the prior two seasons.

Far more strong efforts than bad. Competitive in most games. I actually enjoy watching them play.

I like the progress I’ve seen. I like their youth. I like their incoming youth. I like how they’re coached. I feel like they’re on the right path.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He doesn’t give a shit about fines.

Coaches also tend to try to mane things about themselves. Not just because they’re egomaniacs (they are), but to deflect from a shitty performance. I tend to think it’s the former because the game was in Seattle and nobody was watching anyways, so there isn’t attention to draw to it unless it’s on purpose.

I'm talking about basic common courtesy, the smallest amount of acceptably decent manners - there's no excuse for his behavior.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
This season has never been about the standings.

Their play has been night & day compared to the prior two seasons.

Far more strong efforts than bad. Competitive in most games. I actually enjoy watching them play.

I like the progress I’ve seen. I like their youth. I like their incoming youth. I like how they’re coached. I feel like they’re on the right path.
If this season truly isn't about the standings, then this team should have been torn down to the studs in the offseason and been started down the path to a true ground up rebuild.

This middle ground "not bad enough to rebuild but also not good enough to make the playoffs" accomplishes nothing.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Dude, the ownership, management, coachs, players, and medical personnel all f***ing suck. There isn't just one issue here.

He should just do the f***ing job he is grossly overpaid for. Part of that job is the media. Not asking him to solve the mystery of dark matter.
But it’s not Torts’ job to pick out the headlines or write the articles for the media. It’s obvious that the club’s play is atrocious because half of this roster doesn’t deserve to play at this level of hockey. Let’s see the media write specifically about that. Then move on to why this drek is here in town and then who chose that slop that’s on the ice and why are they still employed? Do that instead of asking the coach questions that you already know the answers to.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
More blaming the coach. How many coaches do you have to see? Don’t blame the turnovers, slow speed, etc.

We've seen far fewer coaches than we've seen iterations of the roster.

It's not at all unlikely that a management group that is dead wrong in their view of hockey will get coaching hires wrong time and again. In fact, it's very likely.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
But it’s not Torts’ job to pick out the headlines or write the articles for the media. It’s obvious that the club’s play is atrocious because half of this roster doesn’t deserve to play at this level of hockey. Let’s see the media write specifically about that. Then move on to why this drek is here in town and then who chose that slop that’s on the ice and why are they still employed? Do that instead of asking the coach questions that you already know the answers to.

In fairness, the media people can’t. We see that clearly with this team. You can’t question this organization in meaningful ways.

I’ve said it for a while that the Flyers are beyond lucky they don’t play in a Canadian market. This FO would be destroyed.

No, for whatever reason the only questions the media team are allowed to ask are standard run of the mill boring post game things. It’s their job to do so, and Torts needs to get that. If he wants to say no comment he can, but he doesn’t have to be a prick about it.

I’ll remember back to the Fletcher press conference with O’Connor’s questions somehow being hailed as overly aggressive.

Again, they are damn lucky they play in the market they do.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
The press has scheduled time with Torts. They don't get that with Fletcher unless he comes out of his cave. Maybe if they keep asking Torts the questions, Fletcher will come out to speak.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If this season truly isn't about the standings, then this team should have been torn down to the studs in the offseason and been started down the path to a true ground up rebuild.

This middle ground "not bad enough to rebuild but also not good enough to make the playoffs" accomplishes nothing.
If this season wasn't about the standings then
York should have been on roster day 1 and given pp2 at start and pp1 by game 20ish?
Frost should have had line mates that won't cripple his ability to score
Braun should have never been signed
ADA should have never been a flyer
44 should have never been offered a 4 year deal 1 year goon ehh i can live with. FOUR? NO WAY!

Instead the flyers double minded and went sort of but not really a rebuild

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.​

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Torts next post game availability
jryzw.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad