55th Obsequious Banter Thread - Good Grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
tumblr_okytcjMHd31qc2xfeo1_400.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I thought "People vs OJ" was quite good, too - they had Marcia and Darden absolutely nailed. I also really liked "Hell or High Water."

I can't remember if I mentioned this on here or not - I probably did - but I can't tell you all strongly enough how much you must absolutely watch the Italian series "Gomorrah" - it is AWESOME. Two seasons in the can and a third on the way.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I started a new Twitter account. I figured I should have a clean one - my last one was full of profanity, mostly due to European football. I also wanted to see if I could manage to use one without getting a bunch of creepy and/or boring retweets all over the place. So I added all the hockey ones ... but I can't for the life of me think what I am going to use it for. When I have something to say, I say it in here lol.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I started a new Twitter account. I figured I should have a clean one - my last one was full of profanity, mostly due to European football. I also wanted to see if I could manage to use one without getting a bunch of creepy and/or boring retweets all over the place. So I added all the hockey ones ... but I can't for the life of me think what I am going to use it for. When I have something to say, I say it in here lol.

I never tweet, just follow hockey writers.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Fun little discovery today in space! A solar system with 7 earth-sized exoplanets!? At least 3 in a theoretical habitable zone?! And the planets are REMARKABLY close to one another!? Should be fun to watch this develop with increased technology and the James Webb telescope. :handclap:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not that it really matters, but I was thinking of the numbers the prospects will have when they reach the NHL.

Morin will be able to have his 55 from junior if he wants since Schultz is as good as gone.
Sanheim can have his 32 from juniors since Streit is a goner.
And we need Amac gone before NAK comes up (if he eventually makes it) so he can be AK47. I believe someone suggested that to him and he thought it was funny, so who knows.
I really like that Provorov has 9 and Konecny has 11, but really wish Ghost would have changed his, but it's too late for that (and I understand why he didn't).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fun little discovery today in space! A solar system with 7 earth-sized exoplanets!? At least 3 in a theoretical habitable zone?! And the planets are REMARKABLY close to one another!? Should be fun to watch this develop with increased technology and the James Webb telescope. :handclap:

Only 40 light years away too!

Queue the Jeffersons music.. "Well we're movin on up..to the Trappist system.."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lol "only" forty light years.

I missed the game tonight because The Dung Tyrant crapped an impossible amount. I said **** it and I've been in bed for three hours.

If an adult pooped an equivalent amount they'd need therapy and maybe a lobotomy to literally stab the memory away.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Not that it really matters, but I was thinking of the numbers the prospects will have when they reach the NHL.

Morin will be able to have his 55 from junior if he wants since Schultz is as good as gone.
Sanheim can have his 32 from juniors since Streit is a goner.
And we need Amac gone before NAK comes up (if he eventually makes it) so he can be AK47. I believe someone suggested that to him and he thought it was funny, so who knows.
I really like that Provorov has 9 and Konecny has 11, but really wish Ghost would have changed his, but it's too late for that (and I understand why he didn't).

the odd numbers players have don't bother me at all. there are many around the league. some guys I guess decide to go with the odd number first given to them.

Vasilevskiy wears 88. Kevin Weekes wore 80 when he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad