55th Obsequious Banter Thread - Good Grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Have any of you guys decided to cut the cord? I'm looking for recommendations on how to not miss Flyers/Phillies/Sixers.

Save me.

we cut the cord last fall.
we use playstation vue. Only thing I miss without it is NHL network.
but you can download a NHL app and get games.
Between the vue, amazon and Netflix I don't miss cable at all.
Comcast was ripping us off for 208 a month for cable and internet and the only movie channels we had was starz
if you go down that road you would have to get the highest speed internet since its streaming onto the tv. HD sucks up bandwith as well.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Working my way through the 9 Best Picture Oscar noms. Saw La La Land and Moonlight first. Just watched Arrival tonight. It was brilliant! 3 down, 6 to go.

Interested in seeing Arrival, La La Land is something i would never watch.

Tried finishing up Orange is the new black yesterday while i had off. That show is crap but yet another show that i've started so i have to finish

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
By accident I stumbled upon the story of the town of Centralia, PA today. Fascinating. Not sure why, but such places draw my attention real bad. One day I need to make a trip to Pripyat/Chernobyl, Centralia, etc. :amazed:

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Interested in seeing Arrival, La La Land is something i would never watch.

Tried finishing up Orange is the new black yesterday while i had off. That show is crap but yet another show that i've started so i have to finish

La La Land is my favorite of the 3 Oscar nominees I have seen so far, FWIW.

I have them ranked

1 - La La Land
2 - Arrival
3 - Moonlight

So far.

Gonna try to see Hacksaw Ridge and Manchester By The Sea next.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Arrival is one of the better films last year.
For the Oscar nominated ones I liked Hell High Water and Hacksaw Ridge much more than Arrival. Arrival was good, but for me the plot was way too far out there and left me scratching my head at the end.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For the Oscar nominated ones I liked Hell High Water and Hacksaw Ridge much more than Arrival. Arrival was good, but for me the plot was way too far out there and left me scratching my head at the end.

Hell or High Water is another one I want to see prior to the show.

I can break down the ending of Arrival in a simple way if you'd like lol.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
By accident I stumbled upon the story of the town of Centralia, PA today. Fascinating. Not sure why, but such places draw my attention real bad. One day I need to make a trip to Pripyat/Chernobyl, Centralia, etc. :amazed:

I live about 40 minutes from centralia,pa yes quite an interesting place to see open sink holes on fire due to coal mines underground. Smoke and glowing red at night.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
My son was born on 2/19! 8lbs 6oz 20 1/2". He might not be the biggest right now but this kid can sure as hell eat.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Hell or High Water is another one I want to see prior to the show.

I can break down the ending of Arrival in a simple way if you'd like lol.
HHW is nice and short too, about 95 minutes. Great modern day western. I started understanding the ending of Arrival after I researched it. Unique concept for sure.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My son was born on 2/19! 8lbs 6oz 20 1/2". He might not be the biggest right now but this kid can sure as hell eat.

Congrats!

Wait until he really learns to poop. Or if he's breastfeeding, learns how to run week-long poop embargoes before having Poopday, AKA "The Worst Day of the Week."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
HHW is nice and short too, about 95 minutes. Great modern day western. I started understanding the ending of Arrival after I researched it. Unique concept for sure.

I went to sleep with the phrase "time is a flat circle" stuck in my head after doing some research on the ending of Arrival. I love theoretical physics..even though I barely understand it, it tickles my brain.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Congrats!

Wait until he really learns to poop. Or if he's breastfeeding, learns how to run week-long poop embargoes before having Poopday, AKA "The Worst Day of the Week."

:laugh:

You ain't lying. We refer to our daughter as "The Level 9 Poop Monster*"

*stolen from a recent episode of Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad