GDT: #55: Flyers at Rangers, Sunday, February 14, 2016, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Stop the overreactions....my goodness, this is what a real rebuild feels like whether you like it or not. The defense on the ice is a mess , there are holes everywhere in the bottom 6, although cousins is looking pretty good.

This team is a bubble team with all players available...now theyre missing their best defenseman and best all around forward. What do you expect??

What is this all about ghost doesn't deserve this team? What about giroux who has put in year after year of great play. Take a deep breath and relax.
Hextall knows what he is doing and in 2 years this team will be flying after all the dead weight is gone.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
You're suggesting to swap Voracek out for Umberger. That is insanely stupid. Voracek on his worst day is still better than whatever the hell Umberger brings.

Makes the message being sent even more harsh, Jake needs to play like an 8 mill dollar player. Especially when the going gets tough against division rivals.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If you're going to pull the goalie with 3 mins left ****ing keep Giroux out on the ice, and don't let the 2nd unit sniff the ice

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What sucks is we keep feeding ourselves these lies that theyll be better in a few years.

The reality js they will still be stuck with basically the same forwards who are going to be old and declining.

Lol gtfo of here. Terrible post.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I don't remember the GDT having this many pages in a while. A shame its such a terrible performance by the Flyers all-around.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Why is that a bad goalie pull? We're down by three with little chance of coming back and this essentially gives us a powerplay...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
some people here will defend Vora no mater how much brainfart playing he is doing..

Some people have perspective and can see past a handful of bad games to the biggest picture. :laugh:

He can have a long stretch of good games and not a peep, but he struggles for a few and the sky is falling.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Stop the overreactions....my goodness, this is what a real rebuild feels like whether you like it or not. The defense on the ice is a mess , there are holes everywhere in the bottom 6, although cousins is looking pretty good.

This team is a bubble team with all players available...now theyre missing their best defenseman and best all around forward. What do you expect??

What is this all about ghost doesn't deserve this team? What about giroux who has put in year after year of great play. Take a deep breath and relax.
Hextall knows what he is doing and in 2 years this team will be flying after all the dead weight is gone.

Great, until then give an effort. We pay too much for NHL packages and tickets and jersey's to see efforts like this.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
You need to score at least a fe- [checks name] ...haven't you dialed emergency yet? You only get so much time with these things.

the cardiac canes are still around, I think i should be good too. and true, you need to score to blame it on the goalie. thank you, maybe bold that and re-post it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
There's so many people that just lose their minds when the team starts losing.

Between games it's "this is a rebuilding year, we just need to look to the future" but then in GDTs it's as if some people are expecting this team to contend this year. I don't get it.

No one thought we would contend, but because we are awful, Jake gets a pass and you are fine with him this year ? Guys making 8 mill need to be top players most nights, on top teams and bottom teams.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I didnt think we had a chance to win without MDZ and Coots, but I did expect an inspired effort.

The effort had been piss poor..particularly from the top line. Really dissapointing showing from them.

It's not effort. It's that they are not playing well and are focused on entirely by the opposition. They are relied on to do it all on a thin team that has even less depth after injury.

There's a handful of players in the league that can play an elite level every single game and do it all on their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad