Post-Game Talk: #55 | FLYERS 4 at Coyotes 3 (2-1 shootout) | Sat., Feb. 10 2018, 8:00 pm ET; Elliott injury update

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
You’re really underestimating how dumb most of the GM’s in this league are. He’s got two years left at $5M per year after this one. That’s manageable if you think the player is one of quality which most probably do.

When he was put on waivers he was only 1 year in on a 6 year deal & that was when the cap chrunch stared taking place with the Canadian dollar tanking. The Flyers have since then done a great job of building up the narrative that he’s some great player (unintentionally I may add) which matters as well.

Could you please bold unintentionally for me?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I've made this point before: I like OEL as a player, but for the Flyers to trade the assets it would take to acquire him would be a mistake. So much of his value hinges on PP1.

Well, most of OEL's value may be on the power play, but the Flyers already have one of the league's best PP point men in Ghost.

A PP QB is about last on the long list of things the Flyers need. And it will cost a ton to get OEL. Why would you blow your load on one of your few positions of strength? Makes no sense to me. Now, if they are willing to deal him at a price, it's a different story. Otherwise, I'm trading (if at all) to improve a weakness.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I've made this point before: I like OEL as a player, but for the Flyers to trade the assets it would take to acquire him would be a mistake. So much of his value hinges on PP1.

Well, most of OEL's value may be on the power play, but the Flyers already have one of the league's best PP point men in Ghost.

A PP QB is about last on the long list of things the Flyers need. And it will cost a ton to get OEL. Why would you blow your load on one of your few positions of strength? Makes no sense to me. Now, if they are willing to deal him at a price, it's a different story. Otherwise, I'm trading (if at all) to improve a weakness.
And it's just not OEL.

Acquiring ANYONE that looks to be PP dependant is a bad idea. We have the 1st unit set. And let's even say Patrick takes over for an unsigned/traded Simmonds. That still leaves Provy/Sanheim/Myers for 2 spots for Dmen on the 2nd unit. Then add in Konecny and Lindblom for 2 spots....with Frost not that far behind for the other 3 spots.

That's why adding a ROR and his cost.....both to acquire and cap hit....makes little sense compared to a stopgap #3C who can produce at ES as well as a big name player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad