Prospect Info: 54th Overall - Jack Peart

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have only seen Peart play a couple times, for a total of less than a minute of total view time. These stats make me think he's a smart player, pretty decent skater, a really good passer, but also needs to work on his physical strength.

How close am I?

I was gonna say, seems like the classic undersized PMD type that isn't a particularly large threat in either the offensive or defensive zones but is excellent in transition.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gophs will play SCSU on Jan 7 and 8 in two televised games, so we will get to see more of him(and Faber) then.

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
I have no idea what to take from this graphic. The numbers look good on the surface, but how much is him and how much is it just being on a very good team?
Looking at the graphic i saw a a giant line almost going off graphic under secondary assist which puts his offensive numbers at more of a meh to me. That leads me to believe like other posters have said, he can skate it out of the zone decently but is your average defenseman at the next level. Can skate like everyone else but does he do anything that would project him to be a difference maker on a team in any capacity....

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Looking at the graphic i saw a a giant line almost going off graphic under secondary assist which puts his offensive numbers at more of a meh to me. That leads me to believe like other posters have said, he can skate it out of the zone decently but is your average defenseman at the next level. Can skate like everyone else but does he do anything that would project him to be a difference maker on a team in any capacity....
Being able to defend, then move the puck out of your zone, is a massively important skill to have on your team.

It's also not the be all and end all, but Peart has a better P/PG than Faber, and is a year younger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
Being able to defend, then move the puck out of your zone, is a massively important skill to have on your team.

It's also not the be all and end all, but Peart has a better P/PG than Faber, and is a year younger.

Don't get me wrong I completely agree. I just think we have a lot of guys like that, and lack a clear #1 or #2 that will take you to the next level and out of the middle of the pack. He's a good player; but I really do not think he's better than Faber. Faber's skating is absolutely elite and defensively he's pretty much sublime on the ice.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think there is a good chance he ends up the best of our LHD prospects. But I’ve never been a huge Lambos guy

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't get me wrong I completely agree. I just think we have a lot of guys like that, and lack a clear #1 or #2 that will take you to the next level and out of the middle of the pack. He's a good player; but I really do not think he's better than Faber. Faber's skating is absolutely elite and defensively he's pretty much sublime on the ice.
I think your overestimate what a #2 is. IMO, Spurgeon are two, no doubt, #2's, if not #1's, and have been for quite a while. There s aren't 32 better Dmen in the league, IMO , and certainly not 64. I am also of the opinion that offensive Dmen who can't defend have limited use in the league. They seem to demand, and get, big bucks, but will kill you in the close games that matter against good teams in the playoffs. The Fox's, Macavoy's, and Hedman's are few and far between.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The Fox's, Macavoy's, and Hedman's are few and far between.
If you look at the defensemen that have helped win the Stanley Cup, they are in the upper echelon of points and defense. I think Makar is the only exception but he was breaking records. But Pietroangelo, Hedman, Makar, Chara, they were elite guys. Letang in his prime was also amazing also Seabrook and Keith. Like Spurgeon always seems like a poor man version of those players.

In fact we haven't had a twenty goal scorer or a sixty point defenseman is so so long.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
If you look at the defensemen that have helped win the Stanley Cup, they are in the upper echelon of points and defense. I think Makar is the only exception but he was breaking records. But Pietroangelo, Hedman, Makar, Chara, they were elite guys. Letang in his prime was also amazing also Seabrook and Keith. Like Spurgeon always seems like a poor man version of those players.

In fact we haven't had a twenty goal scorer or a sixty point defenseman is so so long.
Yes but I think his point was that the defensemen also need to be able to play defense. Guys like Karlsson or OEL fit that category, that are offensive defensemen but their defense is subpar

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, anyone think that Minnesota should sign Peart? He'll be a junior next season, but it looks like there isn't a ton left for him to develop.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So, anyone think that Minnesota should sign Peart? He'll be a junior next season, but it looks like there isn't a ton left for him to develop.
i think he ends up the best of our LHD prospects but won’t Lambos be joining Hunt & ROR in Iowa? Perhaps coming back and facing expectations of being a premier D in the NCAA might be good for his development

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We are going to have Spacek and Masters also wanting to play in the AHL. Lambos, ROR, Hunt, Spacek, Masters, SJo…. They don’t have room for him. No idea if they are going to try and sign Warren. Best they keep Peart on ice for another year. I don’t agree that he can’t develop more in college. He looked good this year, but not dominant.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
LD: Lambos - Hunt - ROR
RD: Johansson - Masters - Spacek

One rookie with one returnee on each pair.

Peart takes the spot of whichever LD is elevated to the NHL for the 2024-25 season, to replace Goligoski.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We are going to have Spacek and Masters also wanting to play in the AHL. Lambos, ROR, Hunt, Spacek, Masters, SJo…. They don’t have room for him. No idea if they are going to try and sign Warren. Best they keep Peart on ice for another year. I don’t agree that he can’t develop more in college. He looked good this year, but not dominant.
The biggest concern is getting him under contract after his junior year. He could theoretically decide not to sign after junior and then pick his team after his senior season. I mean with how deep Minnesota is on defense, I'd question staying.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The biggest concern is getting him under contract after his junior year. He could theoretically decide not to sign after junior and then pick his team after his senior season. I mean with how deep Minnesota is on defense, I'd question staying.
If we're that deep, then losing him shouldn't be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad