Prospect Info: 54th Overall - Jack Peart

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Anyone have a decent report on this kid? I’ve only seen highlights.

https://thehockeywriters.com/jack-peart-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

I had him a late 1st because if you add together all his strengths with the fact he'll be projected to be around 6'0 200lbs (pretty solid for a mobile defenseman) and is an all round dman, he'll be a nice grab - could be a nice 2nd pairing guy. There is also a shift-by-shift of him on video so you can judge for yourself - I like what I saw - smart mobile guy.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sounds like Brackett had Peart ranked in the top 20 of his board.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He seems extremely poised with the puck. Aaron Ness is the obvious comp as both are undersized LHD Mr Hockey winners from Northern MN
If you have to pick a Mr. Hockey comp I would say Leddy is a bit closer. Excellent defensive stick work, good crisp passer, smart in transition and makes the right read, relies on skating and edges to find space for clean breakouts. Needs to develop physically and hope he commits to a longer development road than Leddy did, but could be a useful player.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I
Sounds like Brackett had Peart ranked in the top 20 of his board.
I am going to be interested to see how Peart develops. If he turns into a good player, Canucks fans will be extra mad about letting Brackett go, as this is a patented/textbook Brackett pick.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Got bored and went back to watch some of the shift by shifts, this one against the Champs had some great display of his talent level and overall control of the game. Lovely little stick work on the defensive side throughout, while showing the skating and strong passing game. His nifty backhand sauce at 22:10ish would make Granlund envious.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Seems like he is on a decent path.

Edit - Adding Photo so no need to click

FLc5beJXwAAZaTe

Wabit

May 23, 2016
These charts are funny.
-Top end 45% to be a star.
-Bottom end of 42% chance of not being a NHLer.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
These charts are funny.
-Top end 45% to be a star.
-Bottom end of 42% chance of not being a NHLer.
Makes sense to me, he is not a big guy so he will rely on stick work, skating and IQ for defending, which seems pretty elite at his current level but doesn’t always translate against the best the NHL has to offer. I still like the Leddy comparison that I made for him, Leddy showed flashes of being a legit number 1 in NY but also showed struggles as a marginal defender in CHI and now DET to start and end his career. Physical specimens like Power are just a lot more sure of a bet to at least be capable in the NHL 1-6.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want to keep all of the LD prospects. If I had to get rid of one, it’d be hunt
In the rare I times I've seen Hunt he has really impressed me, though. Smooth, and decent size. I don't think that there is a dog in our LD crop...even Warren is having a nice year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad