GDT: #54 Kings at FLYERS, Thursday, Feb. 7, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
The Athletic has the Flyers playoff chances at 16% as of today.

Carolina 2 points ahead with one less game played.. and at 45% odds? I'm assuming they are factoring in the records of the teams in the remaining schedule?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Interesting that the Canucks, with the same record, are occupying that WC spot in the West.

Really hope they can keep this run up for as long as they can. Columbus is faltering, and it'll make it easier for them to rationalize dealing some of their big guys at the TDL.
The west is wild this year. The Canucks have 54 points, but 5 teams behind them have at least 51 points and all but one have games in hand.

Long story short, the west sucks this year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess, are they going to get enough points to run down the Capitals or are the Islanders going to fall apart? Buffalo and Carolina are who they are, Columbus is talking about trading their best player, I'm not scared of these teams. But I also don't want to make a run to get in - again - and just to be led to slaughter - again, this time by the Lightning, who are way better than the Capitals or Penguins were when they beat us.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Carolina 2 points ahead with one less game played.. and at 45% odds? I'm assuming they are factoring in the records of the teams in the remaining schedule?
Perhaps that and the assumption that the Flyers are due for a significant cool down coming up.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Let stolie get the nod. There is some value to getting some good tape on him—it’s better to know what we have with as many of the lottery picks than to pin the hopes on hart (it appears to be obvious, but hey we haven’t been able to do it in decades).

I hope fletcher is smart enough to realize what this is. They are playing loose with no pressure from expectations l. That should not preclude him from moving assets that should be internally replaceable. Again, beaten horse, but Simmonds is internally replaceable going forward. Let the team sink or swim on the backs of the guys who will be leading them to contention again.

That said, I continue to actually look forward to hockey. Holy crap, haven’t said that in a while.

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I guess, are they going to get enough points to run down the Capitals or are the Islanders going to fall apart? Buffalo and Carolina are who they are, Columbus is talking about trading their best player, I'm not scared of these teams. But I also don't want to make a run to get in - again - and just to be led to slaughter - again, this time by the Lightning, who are way better than the Capitals or Penguins were when they beat us.

Gordon isn't running a style that wins playoff series. We would need an advantageous matchup to do anything.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The other thing with playing Stolie, is it gives other teams a chance to see him if we did want to move him in a bigger deal as a throw in...and go with an older goalie next year to pair with Hart.
I wasn’t a big Stolarz fan, but I think he’s improved a lot despite his injuries. Ideally I think I’d get a vet backup for a year & see how Stolie & Sandstrom do in the AHL. But Stolie may yet prove he’s ready.

Reactions: BernieParent

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
The other thing with playing Stolie, is it gives other teams a chance to see him if we did want to move him in a bigger deal as a throw in...and go with an older goalie next year to pair with Hart.

I’m of the opinion that Stolie is our second best goalie. I know it would be extremely young, but I hope we go with Hart backed up by Stolie next year. Hart seems mature beyond his years and I believe they’re certainly the two most talented ready to play goalies that the Flyers have.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Frose and Lindbergh were young

and I believe rookies together

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Didn’t get any help on the scoreboard last night. Hopefully the Ducks at least wait to fire Carlyle until after we play them.

The Avs have a fragile mentality as a team. You get that vibe when they are down a goal, the game is already decided.

Reactions: BiggE

ggunky

Jan 30, 2019
The Avs have a fragile mentality as a team. You get that vibe when they are down a goal, the game is already decided.

That is what poor goaltending does to a team.

Funny, I would say it all the time, the Flyers goaltending is killing them and the Kool-aid drinkers would come out in force and say "that is the lazy narrative" and "the goaltending is good enough".

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
That is what poor goaltending does to a team.

Funny, I would say it all the time, the Flyers goaltending is killing them and the Kool-aid drinkers would come out in force and say "that is the lazy narrative" and "the goaltending is good enough".
People who thought the Flyers goaltending, pre Hart, was good enough, are a special kind of stupid.

Reactions: ajw12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad