GDT: #54 Kings at FLYERS, Thursday, Feb. 7, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
LOS ANGELES KINGS (22-27-4) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (24-23-6)
no6CQzi.jpg
th

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
TeamsGamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPPGPK%FO%Save%
Kings5322-27-44812-13-110-14-312415715,275.851.0.907
Flyers5324-23-65413-10-311-13-315117716.676.856.1.893
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
44 Phil Varone - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 12 Michael Raffl
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 47 Andrew MacDonald
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
Goalies
79 Carter Hart (scheduled to start on Saturday) - 41 Anthony Stolarz (scheduled to start this game)

Power Plays

PP1: Van Riemsdyk, Simmonds, Giroux, Gostisbehere, Voracek
PP2: Konecny, Patrick, Lindblom, Couturier, Provorov

Injuries and Scratches

5 Sam Morin (D) is on IR due to ACL surgery on his right knee (May 2018). He could return mid-Feb. (Jan. 18).
10 Corban Knight (F) is on IR due to a broken collarbone (Oct. 31). He could return in mid-to-late Feb. (Jan. 3).
15 Jori Lehtera (F) was placed on waivers (Feb. 6).

26 Christian Folin (D) could be a healthy scratch.
30 Michal Neuvirth (G) is on IR due to a lower body injury (Jan. 3). No timetable for his return (Jan.18).
37 Brian Elliott (G) is on IR due to a possible groin injury (Nov.15). About two weeks away (Jan. 31).

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Web site -- The Athletic
Alexander Appleyard's Twitter -- Alexander Appleyard (@avappleyard) | Twitter
Charlie O'Connor's Twitter -- Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) | Twitter
Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Broad Street Bull
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter

LOS ANGELES KINGS
th
Possible Lineup
Lines
19 Alex Iafallo - 11 Anze Kopitar - 23 Dustin Brown
14 Brendan Leipsic - 44 Nate Thompson - 73 Tyler Toffoli
17 Ilya Kovalchuk - 9 Adrian Kempe - 62 Carl Hagelin
13 Kyle Clifford - 10 Mike Amadio - 51 Austin Wagner
Pairings
24 Derek Forbort - 8 Drew Doughty
27 Alec Martinez - 7 Oscar Fantenberg
2 Paul Ladue - 3 Dion Phaneuf
Goalies
32 Jonathan Quick - 36 Jack Campbell

Injuries and Scratches

22 Trevor Lewis (F) is on IR due to a fractured foot (Nov. 15).
61 Sean Walker (D) could be a healthy scratch.
64 Matt Luff (F) could be a healthy scratch.
76 Jonny Brodzinski (F) is on IR. He has a shoulder injury (Sept. 20).
77 Jeff Carter (F) suffered a lower body injury (Feb. 4). He missed Tuesday's game and is listed as doubtful (Feb. 6)

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Web site -- The Athletic
Lisa Dillman's Twitter -- lisa dillman (@reallisa) | Twitter
Fox Sports West
Los Angeles Daily News
Web site -- Daily News
Robert Morales' Twitter -- Robert Morales (@RMoralesPT) | Twitter
Los Angeles Kings Insider
Los Angeles Times
Mayor's Manor

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE

DateOpponentTime (ET)Television (subject to change)
February 9 vs. Anaheim 1:00 pm NBCSP, PRIME
February 11vs. Montreal7:00 pm NBCSN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT
February 12 at Minnesota8:00 pm FS-N, NBCSP
February 16 vs. Detroit 1:00 pmNHLN, SNE, SNO, SNP, NBCSP, FS-D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
FROM THE PAST

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC

"Revolution 9" by The Beatles

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not that long ago we were the worst team in the league. Now we're only 5 points behind Columbus. Typical Flyers rollercoaster season it seems.
But this time I think this is more than just the usual hot streak. For the first time in what feels like ages we have a real goalie.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I believe Stloraz is getting the Start vs Kings. Would you prefer Carter? Should we be building his stamina?

Id likes to see Hart keep playing.

Hart played like every game in Everett, plus he as an efficient of a goalie as I've ever seen. I'm not worried about stamina. But yes, rest him if you can. The way this week is built out, the kid will get 4 days off until the matinee on Saturday.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I believe Stloraz is getting the Start vs Kings. Would you prefer Carter? Should we be building his stamina?

Id likes to see Hart keep playing.

No game in the NHL is an automatic W. That is the nature of the beast. Some are more winnable than others but guarantees and locks are virtually nonexistent. That said, a home game against a team at the bottom of the other conference is an obvious pick for when the backup plays in lieu of back-to-back games.

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I don't know if this is a superstition or what but I been playing this song every day during the streak. It's in Honor of Hart's # 79, great audio and ultra clear audio on this clip. You will literally hear all the lyrics.

Reactions: LoneFlyerFan21

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Hart played like every game in Everett, plus he as an efficient of a goalie as I've ever seen. I'm not worried about stamina. But yes, rest him if you can. The way this week is built out, the kid will get 4 days off until the matinee on Saturday.

No game in the NHL is an automatic W. That is the nature of the beast. Some are more winnable than others but guarantees and locks are virtually nonexistent. That said, a home game against a team at the bottom of the other conference is an obvious pick for when the backup plays in lieu of back-to-back games.

No need, Flyers have 2 days off. Stolarz will probably play either against pens or Wild.

You all make valid points, I didn't know where Kings stood in standings and Stloraz is playing great and I believe will win.

It's just Hart is playing out of his mind right now.

he gets 2 days off if he plays vs kings, then a day off in between the game Saturday, then off Sunday before the back to back pens and wild followed by another 4 straight days off till a back to back with Det

I'm good either way, but the way hart is playing,

I gotta quote this guy.

Never F with a winning streak, and yes I know Stloy is part of the winning streak and is more than capable to beat the kings

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
You all make valid points, I didn't know where Kings stood in standings and Stloraz is playing great and I believe will win.

It's just Hart is playing out of his mind right now.

he gets 2 days off if he plays vs kings, then a day off in between the game Saturday, then off Sunday before the back to back pens and wild followed by another 4 straight days off till a back to back with Det

I'm good either way, but the way hart is playing,

I gotta quote this guy.

Never F with a winning streak, and yes I know Stloy is part of the winning streak and is more than capable to beat the kings

I like the way Gordon has handled The goalies. It’s a refreshing change after Hakstol. Thursday’s game is a perfect opportunity to get your backup, who was spectacular in his last start, into a game.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I like the way Gordon has handled The goalies. It’s a refreshing change after Hakstol. Thursday’s game is a perfect opportunity to get your backup, who was spectacular in his last start, into a game.

Yeah, and I keep going back and forth with this, I'm fine with either choice. It's a weird feeling.

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad