Prospect Info: 53rd Overall (Round 2) Jack Studnicka (F)

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It's funny that everyone sees a defensive center and immediately thinks "hey this guy sounds a lot like the best 2 way center in the leagues history." Let's be a little more realistic when making comps. Like this one

"great on the forecheck and can kill penalties with aplomb. Owns good speed and is extremely tenacious. Has excellent two-way ability. Can also be used on the power play."

Is that a description for studnicka or mike fisher? Word for word it's mike fisher but it could be for studnicka as well. If he becomes fisher it's a fantastic pick. And fisher is no bergeron. Let's set our sights on these 2nd round picks a little lower. Even if it is ceiling we are talking about. Every 2 way guy that comes along should not be given the ceiling of a hall of fame 4 time selke winner. Sometimes a hard working 3rd liner is a sufficient ceiling.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This makes me feel a little better about passing on Robert Thomas. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops. For whatever reason, this club seems to do excellent work with drafting in the 2nd round.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I read that he had 23 points in the last 20 games after his team unloaded some pieces at the deadline and was a huge reason they still made the playoffs. Then led his team In scoring the playoffs with 15 points in 11 games. Excited to see what he can do next year.

Last edited:

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
I read that he had 23 points in the last 20 games after his team unloaded some pieces at the deadline and was a huge reason they still made the playoffs. Then led his team In scoring the playoffs with 15 points in 11 games. Excited to see what he can de next year.

It seems like he will hold a full-time bigger role next season. Looking forward to his develop, my expectations aren't too high yet. But we've had some great drafting in the later rounds.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Looks to be a late bloomer. I'm not sure why, but I have a good feeling about Jack making the squad in the next couple seasons.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've been reading more about Stud and watching several clips on youtube. I'm on board with this kid, seems like a solid player.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Just a heads up, Jack will be joining Kirk, Reed and myself on the podcast today. I'll try to remember to ask him what his nickname is.

I hope to catch up with his GM today and add that into the podcast if at all possible.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just a heads up, Jack will be joining Kirk, Reed and myself on the podcast today. I'll try to remember to ask him what his nickname is.

I hope to catch up with his GM today and add that into the podcast if at all possible.

Studsy, just has to be Studsy

Look forward to it

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
::::::::SPOILER:::::: DONT READ FURTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE TUNED IN

His nickname is Studs

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
So, my prediction for Jack is in for the season: 30 goals, 45 assists.

Will he get any WJC love? If not, how come?

He looked like a future player in camp but I am not knowledgeable about the dynamics/politics of WJC selection.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Will he get any WJC love? If not, how come?

He looked like a future player in camp but I am not knowledgeable about the dynamics/politics of WJC selection.

Possible. He's been a Hockey Canada guy at the Under 17, Under 18 and the Ivan Hlinka. If he hadn't been on any of those (think Jesse Gabrielle) then I think his chances were slim and none.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I didn't see the game but that's a nice stat line.

2g 2a +4 11/19 faceoffs

Only 2nd star as they gave the 1st to rookie and 2020 (!) draft eligible Nick Wong who got the hat trick.

I like the start to his season. Let's see if he can keep it up over the next 67 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad